What are you playing now?

Gorth

Start of old thread
End of old thread

CK 2: Sons of Abraham

Messed around with the Jewish Khan for a while, but everyone wants your ass.

Though shalt not covet the Jewish Khan's ass.

But just in case thou does, keep a first born bullock and a turtle dove handy for sacrifice purposes.  ;)

A reminder where the previous thread ended...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm playing the Early Acess version of Age of Decadence. Been a long time since I beta-tested it so it's fun to jump in again, some really nice improvements and more content to play with. Lots of fun.

Also still playing Civ V with the expansions every now and then. Greatly enjoy this game, the expansions have made it really good.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Alpha Protocol. Don't remember the last time I played it but it has to be some time ago since I had completely forgotten why the game got so much flak from the press, the game has it's flaws alright. Especially the checkpoint save system can be extraordinarily annoying especially when Thorton splurts out something... less expected.

"I'm looking for a man. But not in that way"

The the dialog keyword was "Grigori?". Forgot completely it was on the left side of the dialog wheel where all the "I want to be a dragon" stuff are. Well, at least the heart of the game is golden.

Start of old thread

End of old thread

CK 2: Sons of Abraham

Messed around with the Jewish Khan for a while, but everyone wants your ass.

Though shalt not covet the Jewish Khan's ass.

But just in case thou does, keep a first born bullock and a turtle dove handy for sacrifice purposes.  ;)

A reminder where the previous thread ended...

Lol this is what I wake up too. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Got an email for the Elder Scrolls Online beta so that should make for an interesting weekend

I'd be interested to hear what you think about it after you have seen enough for an opinion. No need to say anything the NDA forbits, just general feel of it is enough.

ESO and Wildstar are the only coming MMO's that I might like.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is surprisingly addictive. Sadly not as deep as I was hoping. I was kind of expecting Final Fantasy Tactics depth to the class system, but I got over it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Baldur's Gate I+II Enchanced edition.. I haven't played these games since I was a teenager I think. It's actually a lot better now that I understand everything that's going on and most of the pop culture references (devs in the 90's and 00's were serious geeks!).

Fortune favors the bald.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is surprisingly addictive.

What do you mean "surprisingly"?

ostrich-bird-500.jpg

I mean that I wasn't expecting to be up to midnight playing it on a regular basis. I like to stop playing games around 9.

I've been losing sleep to Fire Emblem games since the GBA days.  Welcome to zombie mornings.  :p

Are you playing with permadeath or without?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've been losing sleep to Fire Emblem games since the GBA days.  Welcome to zombie mornings.  :p

Are you playing with permadeath or without?

Without

I initially chose to play without it because I wanted to save mid-battle. But then my units kept falling in battle and I was glad for it.

I've actually restarted since then and am doing much better. I think I could handle having permadeath if I do another run.

what about Everquest Next and its construction add-on, the Landmark?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

what about Everquest Next and its construction add-on, the Landmark?

Don't know anything about Everquest Next or the previous Everquest games to be honest. The setting always looked bit too.. well, fantasy to me to be interested in it.

Which must sound a bit funny since ESO has fantasy setting and Wildstar looks to be basically fantasy in space like star wars, even though they are marketing it as scifi. Not enterily sure where I draw the line myself  :p

Wildstar looks fun and I like the idea of paths, but I am not up for paying a sub.

this. subs are for kids who play all day every day and pay with their moms' credit cards.

one time purchase would be best, of course

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Wildstar does have those thingies that give 30 days of game time which you can buy from other players with ingame gold. Does anyone have the time to grind the mountain of gold those without doubt will need is another thing entirely of course.

That totally misses the problem many non-subers have with subs though. If I will not pay a sub because I am not certain I will be logging in more than a few times a month, telling me that I can buy a sub equivalent for ingame currency by logging in even more is not going to get me to play.

I hate to say it, but a F2P model with some kind of item shop etc has become far more appealing to me.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Path of Exile. 

this game is beautiful. I can tell a lot of time went into it. I'm quickly becoming the devs' devoted fan. and damn it's so fun to be back in Diablo, since Blizzard effed up their attempt. it's the best hack'n'slash game since 2001.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Shadow of the Colossus on hard difficulty. 

I finally managed to climb the central temple and find my way to the secret garden on the top. So typical of Ueda to put something so beautiful that obviously took a lot of time and effort to make in a location where almost no-one is likely to see it.

He couldn't resist a bit of christian allegory there methinks. All the fruit in the garden lowers one's health permanently instead of increasing it, as it usually does.

The other part that opened up with the climb is the bridge that looms over the landscape, which I crossed to see what's on the other side. What's normally a blur in the distance turned out to be a magnificent and enormous building ... that no one sees apart from a short bit in the intro and that serves no purpose at all, except to sit there and look pretty. If one takes the time to get to it.

How much confidence it must take to make something great and then casually toss it aside. Games usually force even the worst of their content on the player just to draw out the gameplay a little bit more.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Finally gotten around to playing Arkham Asylum.  I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer the two newer titles.  The more openness of Arkham City and Arkham Origins, IMO, fits better with the Batman character.  Gliding through the city, facing multiple bad guys along the way, etc.

Also, I'm finding the combat less smooth.  I try to pull off those combos when I'm fighting multiple enemies, but the directional aiming is so finicky.  In the newer games, you just point in the direction of the next guy you want to attack and press the attack button.  Here, I'm finding a lot of my strings of combos broken by a touchy combat system.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)