GDC slides including new awesome screenshots

I know it has already been posted in the Codex and also in the GDC thread. But I guess not everyone follows that thread and will therefore miss out on a lot of awesome stuff. Thus, here's the link to the slides!

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1019755/Gathering-Your-Party-with-Project

Enjoy everyone!

(I've never been that excited about new screenshots before. Actually I've never been excited about any "new screenshots", but alas, so it goes)

JrBZ0Tv.png

Edited by SophosTheWise
  • Like 12

Elan_song.gif

I know it has already been posted in the Codex and also in the GDC thread. But I guess not everyone follows that thread and will therefore miss out on a lot of awesome stuff. Thus, here's the link to the slides!

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1019755/Gathering-Your-Party-with-Project

Enjoy everyone!

(I've never been that excited about new screenshots before. Actually I've never been excited about any "new screenshots", but alas, so it goes)

Thanks for providing these screenshots in a convenient manner. I haven't seen them all so this is great :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Peac0ck Rihanna (Peahanna) romancable?

Hopefully, hopefully. We can never have enough decent Romance options in a RPG :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Regarding the 2 character portraits...

Please, don't tell me that Edair (?) will have this stalk of grass coming out from his mouth. Rednecky.

EDIT: But I love the use of crests already!

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I hadn't seen the combat animations before; they look wicked cool! Especially the glow effects around the fire bolts and the magic shield thing. Also an overland map with four sigils interspersed in each corner; perhaps signifying houses like in game of thrones?

the combat screenshot gives me hope that something i found wrong with the area design of the IE games will not be here: height perception.

in many areas of BG 1 and 2 and IWD 1 and 2 i could not see where the wall-floor corner was so i was trying to reach a place that seemed to be on the same level as where my party was. often it actually was a roof or the other side of a chasm, but had no visual identification of it being separate from the rest of the area

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I don't think there's been a redneck companion in any of the RPGs I've played, so I'm all for it.

The original description of Edair is "a man who does not want to draw attention to himself". So he might simply be masquerading as a simple man.

Regarding the 2 character portraits...

Please, don't tell me that Edair (?) will have this stalk of grass coming out from his mouth. Rednecky.

EDIT: But I love the use of crests already!

It's Edér now.

Smugdér.

He actually looks less smug now. Both versions that we've seen have been in poor quality though, so hard to properly gauge his smugness.

8)

I'm so excited about this game that I'm gonna explode. I look forward to it so much, and these wonderful slides caused a mental landslide in my synapses! : :skeptical: 

If Obsidian starts a new KS for PE2, I'll be there, count on it. :yes: 

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm actually intrigued by the journal. Not only by how it looks, but because it gives away first quest information :) Maybe we have a lot of political intrigue as part of the main story, which would make sense considering there are four crests on the map...

Elan_song.gif

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Btw, I don't think that's the in game worldmap. If it is it is placeholder.

That's a Kaz sketch of the world map with screencaps of the area art (or assets inside an area shrunk) shrunk to icon size.
The Wilderness area icons are painted and the scope of the map seems slightly too small to include another Big City - unless Big City #2 is Raedric's Hold.

Also Dyrford is the Prototype village as it has a Water Mill.

There may be separate maps that are just specific areas in more detail.  It doesn't have to be exactly like BG where every location was on the world map.  For example Dyrwood could be on the world map, you click it and get another map of a number of locations within Dyrwood that you can visit with others to open up as you adventure.

I particularly liked the images of the different armor types on characters, the hats look great and there looks to be a great variety of look and feel.  This alone adds so much to the game.

Also Dyrford is the Prototype village as it has a Water Mill.

This reminds me of Autler1) so freaking much. Excited! Also the screenshots with the characters made my day. Again, crests FTW.

1) Autler was a pretty damn good scenario for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Thanks for posting the link!

It looks like the combat screenshot shows our first glimpse of the arcane veil. Looks more solid and tangible than I was expecting, but I like it.

I'd like more context for the "Return of the Curse of Scooby-Doo" slide. Perhaps something about whether enemies always stay in the same place in a dungeon or move around?

Is the red armor with the spiked helmet from a new culture, or is it just a variant for the existing cultures?

Really interesting.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★