Game classification (mature or not ) ?

Is that the game will be classified for adult (mature) ?

I haven't read info about it and the tone could have some dialogue, themes or scenes (such as sex, drugs, cannibalism etc ...)

If you have more details, I'm interested.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I thought, thank you.

It's strange for the "no sex" ... It seems to me that a "violent and adult" world that has its place and it may be a good reason to differentiate a man or woman gameplay. (not to mention all the themes that can bring).

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Inb4 this turns out to be an ugly debate between naïve gender role essentialists and those pointing out that as a roleplaying game we can expect nearly the entire plethora of possible identities, where each character will be a unique interpretation of gender, the variation of which is up to the player.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I thought, thank you.
It's strange for the "no sex" ... It seems to me that a "violent and adult" world that has its place and it may be a good reason to differentiate a man or woman gameplay. (not to mention all the themes that can bring).

It's an isometric, party based game - the characters are going to be a an inch or two tall on the screen. So how exactly is "sex" supposed to work in an infinity style game that doesn't use cutscenes? And please don't say Witcher 1 nudie cards

• Like 2

I thought, thank you.

It's an isometric, party based game - the characters are going to be a an inch or two tall on the screen. So how exactly is "sex" supposed to work in an infinity style game that doesn't use cutscenes? And please don't say Witcher 1 nudie cards

Same thing as "sex" work in this adult game with top down perspective.

http://youtu.be/PQ1Wjh4EyCk

Probably M for mature themes, drug references and violence - there won't be any nudity as the project director especially is sick of sexualizing characters.

I got the sense he just thinks it's dumb when character's are pointlessly sexualized (e.g., female soldiers wearing sexy outfits). If I remember correctly he had no problem with the Planescape Torment companions, and New Vegas had Gomorrah. I don't believe Josh is the narrative lead on PE anyway, so it'll probably depend more on how Chris Avellone and the the other writers choose to approach the topic.

To OP, they said in the Kickstarter pitch it would be an M rated game

Edited by SunBroSolaire

I hesitate to ask, but what, uh... what is "man or woman gameplay"?

Probably it's a reference to differences playing either a male or female character.

Yeah.

For example if you're a woman you can use your "sex appeal" to avoid some fights or something else... i don't know.

If you're a man... fight woman will give you bad reputation...

And there's a lot of "idea" (more or less sexual explicit).

sex, drugs, cannibalism etc ....

disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571

a good reason to differentiate a man or woman gameplay.

For example if you're a woman you can use your "sex appeal" to avoid some fights or something else... i don't know.

516-poker-face.jpg

Nice avatar/username though.

Edited by mcmanusaur
  • Like 2

Is that the game will be classified for adult (mature) ?

Safe bet that it will be. One of the talking points that Tim, Josh and Chris made during the kickstarter is to point out that without the publishers breathing down their necks, they're finally free to pursue taboo subject matters denied to them in previous games. This will lead to a game filled with mature subject matter.

Which, I might add, is one of the few *good* departures from the IE games, which were all Teen rated, and pretty tame when it came to that kind of stuff.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

well in arcanum if you played a woman, you could "work" for the luxury brothel in Tarant. as a man you could still work on other types of tasks and have "that work" as payment. there were no sex scenes of course, but it was hard to imagine something else was going on.

sp yes, there can be sexual content without the need for explicit sex scenes

• Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I hesitate to ask, but what, uh... what is "man or woman gameplay"?

Probably it's a reference to differences playing either a male or female character.

Yeah.

That might work in really bad movies, but you can't expect it to work in real life.

I thought, thank you.

I just started playing the Witcher this week, and I have to say that this is the most hilariously ridiculous part of the whole game, which is itself a forest of hilariously ridiculous things.  The game is not bad but my god, why I do I feel like it was made by a bunch of 18 year old drunk Polish dudes?

I just started playing the Witcher this week, and I have to say that this is the most hilariously ridiculous part of the whole game, which is itself a forest of hilariously ridiculous things.  The game is not bad but my god, why I do I feel like it was made by a bunch of 18 year old drunk Polish dudes?

Do you find this part of game unrealistic? It's funny, but my real life similar to Leisure Suit Larry and from my point of view i can't find nothing unrealistic in Witcher 's libido. :p

I think sex must be important part of any mature themed game. Sex play very important role in human life (huge part of action of real humans related wit this, motivation etc) and world without sex looks mechanistic and unrealistic, if by moral reason dev's cut this form game.

Do you find this part of game unrealistic? It's funny, but my real life similar to Leisure Suit Larry and from my point of view i can't find nothing unrealistic in Witcher 's libido. :p

I think sex must be important part of any mature themed game. Sex play very important role in human life (huge part of action of real humans related wit this, motivation etc) and world without sex looks mechanistic and unrealistic, if by moral reason dev's cut this form game.

me-gusta-derp-gusta.png

(sorry guys, I would be responding with text if I felt like words would form a more appropriate response, but...)

Edited by mcmanusaur
  • Like 7

me-gusta-derp-gusta.png

(sorry guys, I would be responding with text if I felt like words would form a more appropriate response, but...)

This is the appropriate response to pretty much anything posted by oby.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I thought, thank you.

actually it was... there was not a single person in the development team that had ever worked on a game before, and most were fresh out of school with some still in it. as the CEO of CDP said in an interview, it was a mess of randomness that by pure luck came and fit together for the final product.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I thought, thank you.

I am not certain why you assume that sexual encounters can only be portrayed in explicit graphical way. For example Fallout 2, an "infinity style" game, sex and sexual encounters can be found through out most of the game, and not in the the way most mainstream games does it(for the benefit of sexually deprived kids), but help to set the scene and explore certain themes in post apocalyptic world.

Sure, there is nothing mature about the way sex is forced/portrayed in some mainstream titles, but at the same time ignoring its existence altogether is childish.

Edited by Mor
  • Like 1

I am not certain why you assume that sexual encounters can only be portrayed in explicit graphical way. For example Fallout 2, an "infinity style" game, sex and sexual encounters can be found through out most of the game, and not in the the way most mainstream games does it(for the benefit of sexually deprived kids), but help to set the scene and explore certain themes in post apocalyptic world.

True. Every once in a blue moon you'll get a game that manages to pull off a non-cringeworthy portrayal of sex/sexual themes. But more often than not, sex is a subject that devs simply cannot nail correctly in their games. So personally, I'd rather they stop trying.

Fade to black is a dishonestly lazy way to do any type of scene, and the other two alternatives (graphic and text) ultimatately fail because Game developers are just that: game developers.... not... you know... award-winning Hollywood movie producers and script writers.

I do get a chuckle when I play a game like Baldurs Gate though, where the scope of the "sex" is a bunch of Harlots in a brothel yelling: "Hey sexy, do you want to take a look at me ditties?!"

Edited by Stun
  • Like 4

If anyone is to blame, than blame Andrzej Sapkowski, author of the novels. Devs were just trying to keep the pace :p

• Like 4

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...