Chris Avellone MIGS 2013

Here are the pictures of the two new sceneries and the two companion/npc pics for those who just want to see the goods.
I think I missed a concept art somewhere though.

LNseWpP.jpg?1

tT34YiH.jpg?1

INq6fD7.jpg?1

Avellone's talk was also pretty interesting, but there was also a lot of stuff that was retreads of what he's already said.

Edit: to save space and for those who might not want to see the companion pics before the game comes out.

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 8

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

the black female is looking pretty interesting and unique :)

overall the whole presentation just is pure gold, I've seen dedicated comedians do worse as far as entertainment value goes

Chris is awesome at doing this kind of stuff, even if there has been little new information in the presentation for us well informed guys of course

• Like 1

I agree, I love that one. She's possibly an air-element Godlike, judging by the feathers.

The companion portraits are Kaz's work, I believe.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

I agree, I love that one. She's possibly an air-element Godlike, judging by the feathers.

The companion portraits are Kaz's work, I believe.

Though the high collar, plate armour and her being black would also speak for Vailian. Maybe sort of both?

Elan_song.gif

Thanks for posting! Audience seems a little tepid so far, but I always like listening to him speak. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

What I like about the portraits is that they look closer to actual portraits than what was featured in the BG series.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I like the portraits.

Though the high collar, plate armour and her being black would also speak for Vailian. Maybe sort of both?

Race/ethniticity and culture are different things in P:E. So you can be a vailian and a pale elf. Godlikes have different parent races and types.

She could be a vailian air godlike with the parent race ocean human.

Edited by Prometheus
  • Like 1

Personally I don't think they *beat* Icewind Dale. They are more detailed and a different style. I still very much appreciate the IWD designs.

What he has done is taken the BG1 style to the next level.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3

Personally I don't think they *beat* Icewind Dale. They are more detailed and a different style. I still very much appreciate the IWD designs.

I find the style highly different from BG1. I don't like the BG portraits much at all TBH. Airbrush a go go. These are more painterly and naturalistic at the same time, which is a tough act to pull off. Great expressions too, with lots of personality.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Agreed, as much as I would've liked to see IWD style portaits in PE, I really like these!

These are quite similar to what we had in BG, but much, much better.

A couple of the BG1 portraits are really good - such as the Edwin one. But there are some less good ones as well.

Btw that black chick is a godlike I'm 95% sure - look at her jawline - clearly peacøck style feathers are part of her face.

Edited by Sensuki