This is great stuff, the sort of detail we don't usually get to see. Personally, I found it both surprising and enlightening, which is what I'd ideally ask for in an update.

Something similar, but maybe focussed on a particular discipline (for example I'm interested in how writing fits in, others will have their own peccadillo) would be amazing.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

My favorite update so far. I'd be very keen to hear more. Even better if you're able to include some of the stuff you'd normally not want to, uhm, show off. You know, the kind of stuff you reminisce about late at the company post-party. I'm sure it happens.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I assume that if you have that knowledge you're part of the team or you're working on it. It's definitely a good idea.

No, it's just a guess, because the "Outsource" row was right above the "Beta Setup" row and somehow the rows seems to be grouped. And I think, someone from the team said, that they looking for a way to minimize the story spoilers for the Beta Testers.

If you enjoy these types of updates, let me know in the forums and I will try to write more of them for you.

Yes. I. Do.

I'm in awe of some of the listed effort estimation values.

P:E team members must really be:

• experienced
  • dedicated
  • good
  • robots
  • any combination of the above

For me, backing this project has already paid off just by such information alone. And it's still the game I'm most anxiously anticipating and fired up about.

Edited by Jajo
  • Like 1

If you enjoy these types of updates, let me know in the forums and I will try to write more of them for you.

I enjoyed the update, please give us more secret insights. 

But please, no Game Launcher. I mean, how often do you have to run the setup or to deinstall a game, but every time you want to start the game, you have to make an extra click.

• Like 2

Sobering and stern about the toil of great game devs. Thanks for the update. Now, I know something more of what's in a game like PE.

However, what's in game? That question I can answer. Entrails, bones, and blood... I think you all get the picture.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I assume that if you have that knowledge you're part of the team or you're working on it. It's definitely a good idea.

No, it's just a guess, because the "Outsource" row was right above the "Beta Setup" row and somehow the rows seems to be grouped. And I think, someone from the team said, that they looking for a way to minimize the story spoilers for the Beta Testers.

You are right that we don't want to spoil anything with the beta. It's a good guess, but the outsourced work is not for the beta. If we are spending money on outsourcing it's going into the final game.

• Like 2

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Adam: Seeing Brandon's feature list, I get a severe itch for wanting to mod PE eventually. Will a toolkit or something similar be a possibility after the expansion? I mean, is something like that at all on the horizon?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

This is the best kind of updates. More, more, more!

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Tbh I don't really care about these updtaes, since I don't intend to work in the industry (but I like the screens of the dungeons and the concepts etc :p ).

What I have to say, though, is this: don't rush the game. Take yout time and spend it well on production.

I don't mind if Faergus won't keep his word about the 18 months :p

Very interesting, thank you !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Heh... I love myself some Excel. We use SharePoint (and Asana to a much lesser extent) for task and issue tracking, but nothing beats a good spreadsheet in my opinion.

As a former sharepoint developer I completely understand prefering Excel.

Great update

hmm, as long as your system doesn't kill your creative ideas.

If everything has to follow a strict process or ruleset, aren't you worried that you would end up settling for mediocrity because you wouldn't spend more time than is allotted on it?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.