What about sorcerers

You don't get bonus spell because of your attributes. Only reward that you get from high attributes is higher attribute bonus, which will boost your wizards certain spells (adding their damage, making their effect last longer or increasing area that they effect or with right combination all three) or wizards overall ability to cast spells (giving wizard to hit better with their spells or cast them faster) or wizards ability to take hits (giving wizard more hit and endurance points, increasing wizards defensive values, making hits miss and graze more, lessen change that wizards spell casting will be interrupted).

There is no pertinent attributes for wizard, only attributes that are better for one playstyle than another. 

Bonus spells! I didn't even know that I missed them until just now. The game should totally implement bonus spells for having a high score in a relevant attribute. That was a great feature of D&D.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Bonus spells! I didn't even know that I missed them until just now. The game should totally implement bonus spells for having a high score in a relevant attribute. That was a great feature of D&D.

But only because it made sense in the D&D attribute system. It doesn't really work for PoE's, since there is no association between attributes and classes.

But only because it made sense in the D&D attribute system. It doesn't really work for PoE's, since there is no association between attributes and classes.

more's the pity. The more I read, the less I like this new rule system, whether it is 'balanced' or not. 

Bonus spells! I didn't even know that I missed them until just now.

There are class-specific items that grant bonus spells and Talents that grant bonus spells.  There are also class-specific items that grant bonus uses of class abilities for non-casters.

Also consider that the majority of non-caster classes in most editions of A/D&D don't receive bonus ability uses for high stats (e.g. more Rage for barbarians, more Smites for paladins).  In most cases, the stat in question is also one that's already key to the power of the class.  More Smites for high Charisma when high Charisma already adds bonus to attack, more Rage for high Constitution when Constitution affects the duration of Rage, but you still get more spells for high Int or Wis when high Int and Wis already affect the DCs for those spells (in 3.X, anyway).

The most difficult classes to arrange stats for in core 3.x are often monks and paladins, specifically because more than half of the six are important to them.  These classes aren't fundamentally more powerful, but their powers/functionality are dependent on more stats.  Monks benefit heavily from Str, Dex, Con, and Wis (and somewhat from Int).  Paladins benefit heavily from Str, Dex (sometimes), Con, Wis, and Cha.  You can get away with being an idiot paladin in 3.x, but you kind of need to spread the points around the other four or five or the character is going to be worse off at something they do regularly to semi-regularly.  This isn't really the case with A/D&D wizards at all.  When there's no logical reason to do anything but put your highest score in the same stat for any character of that class, there's really not much of a choice there.

• Like 3

Also consider that the majority of non-caster classes in most editions of A/D&D don't receive bonus ability uses for high stats (e.g. more Rage for barbarians, more Smites for paladins).

"But ... but ... melee can auto-attack! It doesn't need nice things!"

When there's no logical reason to do anything but put your highest score in the same stat for any character of that class, there's really not much of a choice there.

Hey, whoa, hold on. What about those spellcaster builds that unhook their casting from any ability score, and get an infinite number of bonus spells, huh? Didn't see that coming, did ya? SHAZAM

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

It's only because durations are OP at the moment, probably the amount they get from attributes is too much. This problem will not be solved by flicking durations onto Resolve, in fact that will only make it worse, as now casters will not be interrupted as much either.