RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

Copyright infringement is not what matters here. What matters is that people (the devs) work their arse off to produce the best product they can and then some little twerp (for example dear Bester) comes along, steals it and then wants to also be coloured as the righteous one and the one we should feel sorry for if someone makes an attempt at catching him. And how dare the industry upon catching him say anything but "Tag your it!"

But hey let's all grab our pitchforks and chant about evil publishers, then everything is ok.

If you use a tea bag twice, you're stealing from the tea manufacturers!

So um... how many devs starved to death or couldn't pay rent after their game got pirated? As far as I know, most AAA game devs get paid six figures. And by "working their ass off" you mean they seat in a comfy chair, have access to the best health insurance, psychologist, gym, work 8 or less hours a day? Yeah they sure work their asses off, that's the very definition of it. They're like the uranium miners of the entertainment gulag industry.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 1
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

If you use a tea bag twice, you bought a tea bag. If you didn't buy that tea bag, you're stealing from the person who owns that tea bag - unless he gave you his tea bag which means he no longer has the tea bag. Your analogy doesn't work in any way except against you.

Edited by TrueNeutral

It's very clear to me that you use tea bags twice or more. You're a little twerp who's stealing money from poor Indian families who gather tea in fields all day long and color yourself as the righteous one and the one we should feel sorry for if someone makes an attempt at catching him.

Edited by Rosbjerg
language

I have a hard time seeing what you are stealing from the vendor when you copy bits of data from someone else that has altered the bits of data from the vendor.

You mean I can have somebody steal your car, change the tires, and then it's okay to give it to me? Heh, sounds like a challenge... :woot:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It's very clear to me that you use tea bags twice or more. You're a little twerp who's stealing money from poor Indian families who gather tea in fields all day long and color yourself as the righteous one and the one we should feel sorry for if someone makes an attempt at catching him.

Whoa, uncalled for and reported. I'm an immoral rapist for pointing out that a teabag analogy didn't (and still doesn't) work without even stating any other opinion on the matter? You obviously have serious problems you need to care of right now and this discussion is not one of them.

Edited by Rosbjerg

I have a hard time seeing what you are stealing from the vendor when you copy bits of data from someone else that has altered the bits of data from the vendor.

You mean I can have somebody steal your car, change the tires, and then it's okay to give it to me? Heh, sounds like a challenge... :woot:

Not really the same as in that instance I no longer have the car. The game developer still has the game in his hands, barring someone copying the game files and then nuking the developers' copies. So not theft in the sense that I am depriving you of the product. But splitting hairs I suppose, you are still getting their product without their permission so it's bad and immoral, etc., etc.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guys there's a thread for piracy, scroll down. Also settle down Bester, tackle the ball, not the man.  Personal attacks are not on. If that was a hypothetical analogy it became something else. 

Somebody called me a little twerp and said that I've stolen (i'm an honest guy, i don't steal!) a few posts earlier and that was fine, so what seems to be the problem now, officer?

Anyway, I've been sort of subtle, so I'll just explain it openly this one time.

I'm not discussing piracy in this thread and I never was. As much as I don't want to discuss anything serious on the internet, I'd probably discuss the piracy in here if people didn't:

a) immediately think I'm an a..hole and openly imply that I'm one. Did I pirate anything? You can't tell from my posts, but they assume anyway. I feel wounded!

b) get super personal, instead of discussing the theory

c) jump on the blame wagon

d) assume digital goods are exactly like the physical ones and refuse to discuss it

e) show off their ignorance of basic judicial principles with some weird twisted pride

f) be as humorless and tedious as humanly and inhumanly possible

g) be as prejudiced as a 90 year old catholic

Edited by Bester

Stealing fun you say ? Hm...well..I suppose so if the game's MP is a big point and you crack it and just play on reverse-engineered cracked servers. Then some legitimate buyer has less people to play against and loses some enjoyment as his servers are not full.

Could be it.

The saddest thing about this post is, that some time ago, that server would be called Dedicated/LAN Server, and it would be shipped with the game by the publisher... Now it is compared to crime... *sighs*

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm surprised they opted for this course of action if what the article says is so true: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-15-cd-projekt-responds-to-demanding-nearly-and-8364-1000-from-alleged-pirates

You're surprised that they chose to not punish their legit customers with DRM and instead went after the pirates?

Well, if you read the article you'd see that that didn't go so well.

The context I was using it in, of course, was regarding competing with piracy, while an allusion to the references that his.

Unless you consider "accusing people of stealing your software and coming at them with a lawsuit" to be a good thing.  Given your sardonic remark, I assume it's a safe assumption that you're a supporter of suing people that have never heard of your game because you are "100% certain" that they stole it?  Or were you just being pedantic?

Furthermore, the article openly states that GoG and CD Projekt stuff like "Today, GOG no more tries to prevent online piracy than CD Projekt tried to prevent computer market piracy all those years ago."  Which isn't really a fair statement since they obviously felt strongly enough about piracy to not only track it, but to aggressively go after everyone that they felt committed it.

Though to be fair, I suppose I misread what Mamoulian War was referring to, since the article states that the creators of CD Projekt openly admitted to benefiting from piracy, and use said justification because it wasn't illegal in their country.  In an article that talks up the benefits that Marcin received by pirating software, it seems unusual (and perhaps contradictory) to aggressively go after pirates only to have an article talk about how it's not something they're concerned with.  But I guess they have the defense of "but it IS illegal" for the country's in question?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-dead-rising-3

>Our captures show the game upscaled to 1080p by the Xbox One - with results that are expectedly unkind to thin objects and flickering alpha elements like trees or fence-work

>It's also unfortunate that the game runs at far from the promised locked 30fps - rather a chugging 20fps during the zombie action while out in the big city

Chris "The Stretch Goal" Avellone seems to be a much sought after man, and rightly so.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Excellent, it works exactly like the first Battlefield. Some call it bugs, I call it part of the charm.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

First impression: It looks like the Witcher 2!

Second impression: It plays like the Witcher 2, but no siderolling. So...like DA2?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I stopped watching after the gentleman talking announced that the game will be combat intensive, yay just what I was missing in DA2, more cooldown popping.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!