Game officially delayed to March 4, 2014

South Park: The Stick of Truth has been delayed. Again. Originally scheduled to arrive in early December, the game has been pushed to March 4, 2014 in North American and March 6, 2014 in Europe.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-delayed

Good thing is I might have my interview now lol

<rant>

VERY Disappointing and the comment about the challenge to bring the game up to the "crappy standards of the show" attributed to Matt & Trey makes this seem like a very hostile situation against Obsidian. If they meant that they were micro-managing the script and storyline - and working from a stress monster perspective - as it has been shown they do for the weekly episodes of South Park - then I guess I can understand why we're now delayed a year from the games initial launch.

For those looking for the context of my assumptions above - check out 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076781/)

I can't imagine the stress and annoyance it has to be to work with that creative team - they are not planners - look at Team America and the impact filming that had on the production crew because of constant changes and rewrites prior to release.. Stick of Truth seems to be a victim of Matt & Trey's "brilliance and vision" when half the time they are making things up two days prior to the weekly airdate. 

You can't do that in software development guys.. it does not work, the production pipeline is just too damned long and there are too many moving pieces. I bet it would almost be easier to have this game engine released with the art, systems and assets and then have the SP studio folks release episodic scenarios on a monthly basis or something.. sell a South Park: The Series Games Based on the Series Season Pass.. but if The Stick of Truth has a story already (Which I believe was developed by Obsidian and polished by South Park Studios writing staff) - well put it out there. You've shown you don't really care about the quality of the product in your past releases anyway, even in an unfinished state from all we've seen and heard - Stick of Truth far surpasses any of the last five South Park media cash ins.

</rant>

Might be getting to the point where a somewhat sizable section of the consumer base has put away their old consoles. At least that shouldn't really effect PC sales.

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

And after I hounded the gf to get it for me for christmas, now its a birthday present instead.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

In hindsight, I kind of wish Ubisoft never picked up the game, considering they constantly delay and ignore anything that has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed and Ray-Man. Two next-gen games I was eying from them, Watch Dogs and The Crew, also got screwed over because of this logic. I honestly wish there was no such thing as Assassin's Creed or Ray-Man.

• Like 1

From the gameplay trailer, game looks fun, seems they got the humour down atleast. Not quite sure if the QTE-abilities wont tire soon...

Also, wouldn't worry too much about the "crappy quality", they said from the beginning Obsidian had a hard time 'making the game look as crap as the show', so it's just them making something fun of themselves, not some assault on them or Obsidian.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

the release has been changed what? 5 times already?. the game was already finished when ubisoft acquired it. it was the most anticipated game of 2013 in 2012......that award should be stripped from it. it should have been left to die with thq if it was going to be this big of a deal. ive had it pre ordered for a year now.

Edited by Tale
Language

You rather a fully done game scrapped than released later. Especially if you paid for it?

*I don't understand*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Thats a good way to look at it. If it was nearly ready for March of 2013, imagine how sparklingly polished it should be with another year of work.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

the release has been changed what? 5 times already?. the game was already finished when ubisoft acquired it.

Someone clearly doesn't know how Matt and Trey work.  They will continually tweak things until deadlines say they cannot.  That's how they do the show, and clearly that's how they came into this (they have even said so, and how it doesn't work as well with games).  What really needs to happen is Ubisoft or Obsidian needs to give them a hard deadline, and say that that's when the game needs to be finished, and then it will get "finished."  Otherwise Matt and Trey will always want to tweak/add stuff, just as they do with the show.

I should point out that this delay doesn't necessarily mean Obsdian has more time to polish it. It is possible that Obsidian hasn't been working on it for a while now and Ubisoft is just delaying it so they get the max profit for their fiscal year. Also I think they have decided it is not a good idea to release all their games at the same time.

e.g. Release Assassin's Creed IV -> Lot's of copies sold at Christmas -> AssCreed IV sales slowing down, release South Park and end fiscal year (hopefully) with a bang! -> new fiscal year, release Watch_Dogs etc. you get the idea.

Assassin Creed 4 is rubbish there is only 2 Assassin games & thats the first 2 any game with multiplayer added on is not worth buying & as for Watch Dogs another game that looked good but yet again delayed until next year what is the point announce the games if they are just going to delay them its stupid

<rant>

VERY Disappointing and the comment about the challenge to bring the game up to the "crappy standards of the show" attributed to Matt & Trey makes this seem like a very hostile situation against Obsidian. If they meant that they were micro-managing the script and storyline - and working from a stress monster perspective - as it has been shown they do for the weekly episodes of South Park - then I guess I can understand why we're now delayed a year from the games initial launch.

For those looking for the context of my assumptions above - check out 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076781/)

I can't imagine the stress and annoyance it has to be to work with that creative team - they are not planners - look at Team America and the impact filming that had on the production crew because of constant changes and rewrites prior to release.. Stick of Truth seems to be a victim of Matt & Trey's "brilliance and vision" when half the time they are making things up two days prior to the weekly airdate.

You can't do that in software development guys.. it does not work, the production pipeline is just too damned long and there are too many moving pieces. I bet it would almost be easier to have this game engine released with the art, systems and assets and then have the SP studio folks release episodic scenarios on a monthly basis or something.. sell a South Park: The Series Games Based on the Series Season Pass.. but if The Stick of Truth has a story already (Which I believe was developed by Obsidian and polished by South Park Studios writing staff) - well put it out there. You've shown you don't really care about the quality of the product in your past releases anyway, even in an unfinished state from all we've seen and heard - Stick of Truth far surpasses any of the last five South Park media cash ins.

</rant>

U know it finally clicked in my head. Remember when o sidian got blasted by the public because mat and trey said that they were bringin ideas to o sidian and o sidian was saying that it might be better to put that into a dlc? With trey and mat coming up with all these ideas and changes, it looks like o sidian was saying that sounds cool but lets finish what we got so we don't have to go in and rework everything to fit in, release the game finally and we can put all these new ideas in dlc so they can come out hut we don't have to keep stalling the release.

Mmmm

• Like 1

Eh its more along the lines that its getting delayed 13months that people are gettimg agry about seeing how it was supposed to come out feb of this year. AND until its actually out out, customers don't know if its only gonna be 13 months delayed or is it gonna be more?

I really hope this isn't largely due to Matt and Trey's notorious indecisiveness involved in making the show.

The show itself is funny and all, but the overly demanding schedule and just plain flakey workflow invovled in making it is so taxing on their team of animators that from what I've heard, most of them refuse to return to the studio after doing their two-month stint there.

If these guys are behind the helm of this project, I can't imagine the game designers are going through anything different than the over-worked animators on the show. The problem is that the more the game developers are overworked and have to re-do everything from the ground up, the more the gameplay is going to suffer. Unlike with the show where one way or another they have to make final decisions within a rather short timeframe, with this project they are free to change up everything at any given moment and simply extend the deadline. What results is an overworked project designed by people who stopped caring about it long ago and just want to see it get out the door. It's a recipe for a game that ultimately feels clunky and doesn't have the quirkiness of the show.

I would love to look back at this and say I was wrong, but ever-expanding delays don't fill me with the best of hope.

• Like 1

Eh its more along the lines that its getting delayed 13months that people are gettimg agry about seeing how it was supposed to come out feb of this year. AND until its actually out out, customers don't know if its only gonna be 13 months delayed or is it gonna be more?

March. Not feb.

;)

Edited by C2B

The reason why Watch Dogs got pushed back was because they spent a good amount of time developing it for the next gen consoles coming out soon and didn't take into account that creating for them would be a lot easier than working with the current gens since the next gen ones will essentially use the same file type and have more advanced graphics displays. They pushed Watch Dogs back then because the New Assassin's Creed games was getting focused on for current gen. That might have had something to do with the Stick of Truth push back but I don't think it's from constant tweaking. The game, from what I've been keeping up with is almost done. The release is just on hold because of a bunch of things happening in the video game industry as a whole. Anyways, the game still looks amazing, especially with that new trailer, and is only getting more hyped up. Something tells me I won't be leaving my room for a while after it first comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope that when it does finally come out it's not as poorly written as the show.

The show was good, but it just kept getting more and more less funny and more about making a statement of some kind.

Personally, I think the game will come out mid or late 2014.

Help is good when asked for,

Better when needed.

creating for them (next-gen consoles) would be a lot easier than working with the current gens since the next gen ones will essentially use the same file type and have more advanced graphics displays.

I smell PR-Bull****.

Don't believe everything Sony or MS might tell you...

• Like 1

^