Pillars of Eternity - Project Eternity's final name?

Nothing is ever final until the Game of the Year Edition is released.

I'll give the name until the official announcement, however.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I like it, I hope it is indeed the official name.  As long as it doesn't wind up being called Legends of <whatever> I'll be fine with the name.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I like it, I hope it is indeed the official name.  As long as it doesn't wind up being called Legends of <whatever> I'll be fine with the name.

They will name it "Legends of Eternity" or "Eternal Legends" just to spite you.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Shrug. X of Y is kind of bland, but what you gonna do. I guess it worked for Age of Empires :p

The acronym doubles up with Path of Exile too lol. Tbh plain Eternity would be better.

Unless Eternity is the franchise and Pillars is just the name of the first game.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3

Shrug. X of Y is kind of bland, but what you gonna do. I guess it worked for Age of Empires :p

The acronym doubles up with Path of Exile too lol. Tbh plain Eternity would be better.

Unless Eternity is the franchise and Pillars is just the name of the first game.

I found myself thinking this as well. "Project Eternity" is really ingrained in my mind so I'm glad they kept with that theme. But the X of Y format takes something out of it on first pass. The more I hear it though the more I like it. It's in the same vein as Pillars of Islam, or Pillars of Narrative which describe key tenets or elements to a concept, practice or skill. I think the name just has a lot of syllables and that is the primary reason that name seems a bit cumbersome to voice or read. Though Metal Gear Solid, or Shin Megami Tensai don't exactly win on fronts of meaning or concision either.

I have to say I'm very happy with where the name stands. I wouldn't expect them to change it again at this point. There is something to be said about building the proper mind share for the title. I'm sure they have settled and will begin associating this name with their project during the remaining months of development.

I was ambivalent about the name until I read this. Fingers crossed.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Though I remember the campaign referring to the backers as "Pillars of Eternity" and these are screenshots of the backer portal, so... It would be a nice touch nevertheless and a friendly nod towards us backers. To add that I really like the word pillar. It's somehow really a beautiful word, soundwise and letterwise. :)

Elan_song.gif