To my eye, I'm less confused by the mild disrepair of the stronghold walls as to the odd lack of rubble their holes have.  Chunks are torn out of this wall, but there's not a misplaced brick to be seen. :huh:

I can imagine others coming along to collect stone for other works, as history shows happens quite frequently, but then why just the rubble?  That makes no sense to me.

Did the previous inhabitants clean it up then go, "Well, guess we're done here" and leave?

Were they conquered in seige shortly after clearing it up, whereafter all parties just up and vamoosed?

NOW I NEED TO KNOW.

And I know this is dumb, but I wouldn't mind if the wall repairs appeared in a slightly "off" color, as to show difference in age or material.  Just a thought.

But great update!  Lovin that stronghold!

Edited by Pipyui
  • Like 1

The hedge maze and amphitheatre are both mechanical upgrades to the stronghold.  They can provide bonuses to characters who rest at the stronghold: Stealth for the hedge maze and Intellect for the amphitheatre.

To be technical, it is a theatre, not an amphitheatre in the picture. You need to mirror the structure for an amphitheatre.  Great update and good looking design for the backer pages. 

I hate to nitpick (oh, the IRONY), but can we get another screenshot background already? =) I mean, that one is pretty and all, but we have had it for a while.

Maybe an Orlon frolic scene?

Thanks for the update, guys! :)

The finished stronghold section looks fantastic. But somehow I was expecting the ruined stronghold to look a little more, well... ruined. But we're not seeing the entire scene so maybe the walls are more disintegrated elsewhere.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Yes.  I was using the terms that the poster before me was using.  The upgrade is actually called "Forum" in-game.

Any chance for a fan's graveyard, a la Arcanum?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

10/29/13 will forever be remembered as the Great Hedgemaze Freakout of '13. When we're all doddering old coots, we'll see hedgemaze freakouts and scoff, telling the kids that the Hedgemaze Kerfuffle of of 2038 is nothing compared to that day in October of '13.

• Like 2

The stronghold screenshots look... a-maze-ing! 8)

You sir cuddly-pink-hippo-thing, are a pun master  :thumbsup:

But Hector: everyone knows that BG2 is the best Infinity Engine game.

Hm, I'm partial to the IWD games myself.

If only they'd had a real party NPC system and some more mage-vs-mage action, I would rate them above BG2 without a second thought (although I do really like that game too)...

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Anyone got the link for the backer site?

I am also wondering about this, but I think that just maybe it isn't yet released and this is only a preview :(

It is.

Backer site will be part of the big update.

I can see loads of people complaining if the big update ends up only being the backer site and not gameplay video haha

The hedge maze and amphitheatre are both mechanical upgrades to the stronghold.  They can provide bonuses to characters who rest at the stronghold: Stealth for the hedge maze and Intellect for the amphitheatre.

Cheeky little RTS elements. I like. You're such a flirt, Sawyer.

sonsofgygax.JPG

MFW stronghold has a maze:

I know, right?! The stronghold screenshots look... a-maze-ing! 8)

Hedge maze hedge maze HEDGE MAZE! Hopefully, as an alternative to keeping prisoners in cells under your keep, you can just fill the hedge maze with traps and throw the prisoners in there!

Stronghold quest numer 1:

We want... a shrubbery!

Knightni.jpg

I have a question. Do people like me have the same fullfilment site rights as everyone?

• backed the project via PayPal during the Kickstarter campaign;
  • didn't backed the project via Kickstarter;
  • not a slacker-backer.
Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 5

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...