Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #66: Double Whammy

Project Eternity Darren Monahan Hector Espinoza Stronghold Q&A Fulfillment Backer Portal

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

kspn

kspn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Anyone got the link for the backer site?

I am also wondering about this, but I think that just maybe it isn't yet released and this is only a preview :(

J.E. Sawyer

J.E. Sawyer

Project Director

• Developers+
  • 2995 posts

In the context of the stronghold, it's more like the common grounds/meeting place for visitors/travelers.  It's small, but we didn't really want to devote a huge amount of open space for it.

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Anyone got the link for the backer site?

I am also wondering about this, but I think that just maybe it isn't yet released and this is only a preview :(

It is.

Backer site will be part of the big update.

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1776 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

NOTE: If I'm not mistaken, the "Pillars of Eternity" you're seeing on that backer portal screenshot is referring to the figurative pillars that form the foundation for the project. Like, if the development team were Meatloaf, then producing a game that ignores any of the Pillars would be the one thing they wouldn't do for love. 8)

In the first image below Feargus, it says, "Miss classic cRPGs like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment? So do we! Introducing Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity. Coming in 2014 for PC, Mac OSX, and Linux."

PoE  #1 :geek:  

StrangeCat

StrangeCat

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Look forward to your big update!

Like the picture but would like to see a picture where it is completed with everything that makes it alive world.

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

In the first image below Feargus, it says, "Miss classic cRPGs like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment? So do we! Introducing Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity. Coming in 2014 for PC, Mac OSX, and Linux."

PoE  #1 :geek:

Holy carp. I completely missed that! Thanks for pointing it out, ^_^

Indeed, it does seem like the game's name, then.
  • ManifestedISO likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7519 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock

Pillars of Eternity: An Urquhart Joint

:biggrin: 

• Jajo and Lephys like this

pawno

pawno

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/pawno/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/pawno.png[/img] [/url]
  • Xbox Gamertag:pawno
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Looking awesome so far! What's the ETA on the new backer website?

Deidlit

Deidlit

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Drum roll, this is my 1st post ( hopefully approved shortly )

I am a kickstarter backer and lover of all things Obsidian has done.  

I've started to do a lot more writing, science fiction and fantasy genre and was wondering what hoops I might need to jump through if I wanted to write a book set in the Project Eternity detailing my characters adventures?  

I'd love to be able to write about their successes & failures and spin an awesome story from it.  If you would please let me know what being able to do so would take.

Regards,

Deidlit

( BG 1 Fighter/Mage/Thief 30/30/30 )

SummerDay

SummerDay

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This is a great update.  Thanks so much.  One thing, though, on one of the images that mentions finalizing the orders, it says November 31st.  Since there isn't such a date, will it be Nov. 30th or December 1st?  Just wondering.

Bester

Bester

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The new name has so much Freudian in it... Not that I mind. I got a "pillar" for this game anyway.

Edited by Bester, 29 October 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Pipyui

Pipyui

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

To my eye, I'm less confused by the mild disrepair of the stronghold walls as to the odd lack of rubble their holes have.  Chunks are torn out of this wall, but there's not a misplaced brick to be seen. :huh:

I can imagine others coming along to collect stone for other works, as history shows happens quite frequently, but then why just the rubble?  That makes no sense to me.

Did the previous inhabitants clean it up then go, "Well, guess we're done here" and leave?

Were they conquered in seige shortly after clearing it up, whereafter all parties just up and vamoosed?

NOW I NEED TO KNOW.

And I know this is dumb, but I wouldn't mind if the wall repairs appeared in a slightly "off" color, as to show difference in age or material.  Just a thought.

But great update!  Lovin that stronghold!

Edited by Pipyui, 29 October 2013 - 05:41 PM.

• Solviulnir the Soulbinder likes this

DCParry

DCParry

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The hedge maze and amphitheatre are both mechanical upgrades to the stronghold.  They can provide bonuses to characters who rest at the stronghold: Stealth for the hedge maze and Intellect for the amphitheatre.

To be technical, it is a theatre, not an amphitheatre in the picture. You need to mirror the structure for an amphitheatre.  Great update and good looking design for the backer pages. 

I hate to nitpick (oh, the IRONY), but can we get another screenshot background already? =) I mean, that one is pretty and all, but we have had it for a while.

Maybe an Orlon frolic scene?

dodusieczek

dodusieczek

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

But Hector: everyone knows that BG2 is the best Infinity Engine game. And more than that, it's the best game ever made so far.... :D

Tottaly agree.

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5073 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks for the update, guys! :)

The finished stronghold section looks fantastic. But somehow I was expecting the ruined stronghold to look a little more, well... ruined. But we're not seeing the entire scene so maybe the walls are more disintegrated elsewhere.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

J.E. Sawyer

J.E. Sawyer

Project Director

• Developers+
  • 2995 posts

Yes.  I was using the terms that the poster before me was using.  The upgrade is actually called "Forum" in-game.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3844 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yes.  I was using the terms that the poster before me was using.  The upgrade is actually called "Forum" in-game.

Any chance for a fan's graveyard, a la Arcanum?

AGX-17

AGX-17

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1735 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
10/29/13 will forever be remembered as the Great Hedgemaze Freakout of '13. When we're all doddering old coots, we'll see hedgemaze freakouts and scoff, telling the kids that the Hedgemaze Kerfuffle of of 2038 is nothing compared to that day in October of '13.
  • ManifestedISO and Lephys like this

aelreth

aelreth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So it's Baldur's Gate 3 The black Hound hmm google what can you say!

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2342 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Pillars of Eternity. Thats pretty awesome and has the same ring as Project Eternity. Thing is I think Project Eternity is ingrained into my mind now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project Eternity, Darren Monahan, Hector Espinoza, Stronghold, Q&A, Fulfillment, Backer Portal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users