Amphitheatres were the round ones with sits on all sides, theatres were the ones with half circular benches.

The first ones were used for family entertainment (lions, gladiators, etc.), while the second ones were used for more intellectual stuff (plays, stand-up philosophers, etc.).

Modern usage is inconsistent, but if it's meant to provide intellectual bonus, please name it as it should be named.

It's not actually called "amphitheatre" in-game.

• Like 1

I would hope that the restored stronghold had multiple levels of restoration. I know portions are restorable, as in on and off when it comes to mechanics implemented portions, but I wonder if the entire structure itself has multiple levels of restoration? For example, the barrels that are on the walls continue to be there in the restored state. I would hope that as the stronghold becomes more and mor erestored, things become more and more organized. Maybe the barrels get moved and are stacked up differently. Just little tidbits that change gradually from a "zero to hundred" percent restored.

Of course, this depends on how much time you guys really want to spend on it. It looks beautiful nonetheless.

Also, assuming the garden is a mechanics upgrade as well?

• Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Awesome update! Looking great so far :-) man I'm actually nervous now with the backer site almost up, dammit I'm gonna get in trouble with the misses because I know ill be throwing more money down if she don't rein me in. Sigh.

Again fantastic update and looking really good so far.

Silly question perhaps. But regarding the before/after pictures of the Stronghold. Why did you cut down the trees next to the amphitheatre? Would it not make more sense to clear the trees outside the walls? Those would have given cover to enemies the walls are protecting from. The ones near the amphitheatre did not obstruct view of the stage. Instead they gave residents of the stronghold some welcome shade while sitting and watching the show.

Save the amphitheatre trees!

*hands out flyers*

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

in b4 someone suggesting alternative names for the hedge maze

Too late... I believe I already called it the ThunderMaze. Sorry, :(

8)

It's not actually called "amphitheatre" in-game.

Phew. Crisis: AVERTED! 8)

Can I just say that I hope the stronghold will be even more ruined for release? I wanna build it up a LOT.

Of course, I guess this corner is hardly the entire thing, so there's that.

Yeah. It's hardly a catastrophe or anything, but I also imagined it being a bit more, ehh... lacking in function? I mean, that one house/structure in the middle of the screenshot is basically half-gone. But then, the walls, as far as I can tell, are in perfect condition, except for the dead vines and the couple of "whoa, watch your step" holes in them. I guess I was kind of thinking you'd get the stronghold in a "Well... we can't really feasibly post archers on those walls until we get them properly repaired" state. Possibly even "we have to post guards at the gaps in the walls until we can get them repaired; they're at least preventing anyone/thing from simply waltzing into our fair little community from about 80% of approaches, but we're not exactly warranting a siege at the moment...".

Of course, as you said, that's just a little piece of the stronghold there in the screenshot. And, if it stays like that, I'm already very happy with it. It just seems a little conveniently well-kept for a "ruined" stronghold, is all. Not the end of the world, and maybe the story supports it and there's a reason for it to not be ultra-ruined. Just more of a husk...

NOTE: If I'm not mistaken, the "Pillars of Eternity" you're seeing on that backer portal screenshot is referring to the figurative pillars that form the foundation for the project. Like, if the development team were Meatloaf, then producing a game that ignores any of the Pillars would be the one thing they wouldn't do for love. 8)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

NOTE: If I'm not mistaken, the "Pillars of Eternity" you're seeing on that backer portal screenshot is referring to the figurative pillars that form the foundation for the project. Like, if the development team were Meatloaf, then producing a game that ignores any of the Pillars would be the one thing they wouldn't do for love. 8)

In the first image below Feargus, it says, "Miss classic cRPGs like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment? So do we! Introducing Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity. Coming in 2014 for PC, Mac OSX, and Linux."

PoE  #1 :geek:  

All Stop. On Screen.

In the first image below Feargus, it says, "Miss classic cRPGs like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment? So do we! Introducing Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity. Coming in 2014 for PC, Mac OSX, and Linux."

PoE  #1 :geek:

Holy carp. I completely missed that! Thanks for pointing it out, ^_^

Indeed, it does seem like the game's name, then.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Looking awesome so far! What's the ETA on the new backer website?

Drum roll, this is my 1st post ( hopefully approved shortly )

I am a kickstarter backer and lover of all things Obsidian has done.  

I've started to do a lot more writing, science fiction and fantasy genre and was wondering what hoops I might need to jump through if I wanted to write a book set in the Project Eternity detailing my characters adventures?  

I'd love to be able to write about their successes & failures and spin an awesome story from it.  If you would please let me know what being able to do so would take.

Regards,

Deidlit

( BG 1 Fighter/Mage/Thief 30/30/30 )

This is a great update.  Thanks so much.  One thing, though, on one of the images that mentions finalizing the orders, it says November 31st.  Since there isn't such a date, will it be Nov. 30th or December 1st?  Just wondering.

What's the difference between "there", "their" and "they're"?   Apparently, none.     :huh: