What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

I like my way better

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The only way I drink my spirits is in a shot glass at room temperature, no ice. I like the burn of alcohol too much to mitigate it with frozen steel.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I find a slight chill brings out the taste. Plus in my opinion WHERE you drink is every bit as important as WHAT you drink. A glass of good whiskey tastes better on my front porch than any where else in the world I think. Even inside my house.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Due to some mistakes which were made I now have 5+ litres of booze in the form of Sinebrychoff Cranberry Long Drink and Smirnoff Ice. I'm wondering what to do...

I find a slight chill brings out the taste. Plus in my opinion WHERE you drink is every bit as important as WHAT you drink. A glass of good whiskey tastes better on my front porch than any where else in the world I think. Even inside my house.  

Well, the composition of the air at least would contribute to changing the taste of what you are drinking...

That, and there is always placebo.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Buffalo Bill's Brewery pumpkin ale for Halloween. Not exactly exciting, but it does the job. After that, a cheap Shiraz because... well... I'm cheap.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My missus dressed up as Santanico Pandemonium and poured tequila down her leg which I drank off her foot. I'm getting very close to asking Maria to marry me.

• Like 5

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I drank tequila today. I haven't drank tequila in over 10 years or something, because it tastes absolutely awful. I wanted to try if I had grew in to it's taste. I had not. It still tastes absolutely awful.

And now everything tastes like tequila.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I don't like straight tequila but I love margaritas (especially the sweet and spicy kind like pineapple jalapeño) and palomas

The Three Philosophers was really good but really thick. Dunno if that's a good way to describe it but it's much heavier than the beers I usually drink

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Pretty sure tequila is like Mexican food ... without salsa, or salt and fresh lime, it doesn't go down as well. 

edit: now that I'm awake, I realize that's not entirely true, I was just remembering how much better Friday's carne asada nachos tasted with spicy red salsa.

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

2012 Anthill Farms Pinot Noir, Demuth Vineyard (Anderson Valley).

Anthill Farms continues to impress me. Wish I bought more of it when I had the chance (not too easy to get a hold of in Norway). Definitely my favorite American wine producer. Terrible wax-seal solution around the cork though, got lots in the wine that I had to filter out.

I've seen that root beer somewhere around here, Manifested. I just tend not to like sweet drinks very much. Not in some sort of misguided 'manly' sort of way, just preference. I'm laying off the booze for today having had a six pack of local Hanger 24 wheat, a cheap (talkin' $6.50) bottle of port, and a half of bottle of some truly horrible Chardonnay called... Goliath? All that during the recent twitchtv thing on Saturday. Tomorrow, I plan on indulging in Drambuie over ice to prepare myself for our annual veteran's day lunch with the inlaws. lol

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Not Your Father's Root Beer, 5.9%, by Small Town Brewery. 

It's good, it's sweet, everything you'd expect from root beer, no foam, ideal for ice-cream floats.

I had some of that a few weeks ago. It tasted like a flat root beer with some alcohol mixed in. Wasn't impressed.

Like something I could make myself with Barqs and cheap vodka.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'll have a drink for you tonight, shady. In fact, if there's something you think I should try, I'll pick it up before I get home and I'll even pour out a little libation for you, your mom, and the Corps (ya jar head). The wife will think I've gone mad, but what the hell? She's suspected it for a long time.

• Like 2

Obsidian Plays

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd share. We went to see a friend do mock trial today and afterwards the wife and I went out with the mother of our high school friend to a Chinese place for dinner. I ordered my Drambuie, which is actually kind of a sweet drink if you think about it, and alas, thought I might be kicked out before dinner if I poured out libations on the restaurant floor. heh, So I ordered a Drambuie neat and the server looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. They have a bar there, so I went to the bar and found the bottle, but Tuesday nights no bartender that late. So, in my nice guy Cant sort of way I grabbed a waiter to come pull out the bottle and pour me a glass. I had to show them the bottle because they still couldn't see it. Funny.

post-787-0-59203500-1447220464_thumb.jpg

Anyway, on the way home I picked up a bottle of cab and a six pack of some cheap beer called Fortune for libation purposes.

• Like 2

Obsidian Plays

Made it to Ballast Point Brewery off Miramar for my buddy's birthday. Both of us had burgers, his wife the shrimp scampi, and junior may have bitten-off the tip of a crayon. He's fine now, but the adults fared much better ... draft beer in the same place it's brewed is a unique taste experience.

I tried a new oatmeal IPA classified as a work-in-progress ...  "R&D" next to its name on the menu list. And then a pumpkin version of the Piper Down Scottish ale. Both were amazing, thankfully no involuntary murdering took place after.

http://www.ballastpoint.com/locations/  

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I grabbed a keg from a local brewery, Das Brew.  It's a Hefeweizen, and it has a very strong banana kick to it.  Only a few days old, so definitely fresh!  Unfortunately the tap handle was not compatible, I'll have to jury rig it.

12310662_10205310446185364_8501666790868

Niiice!  I like a good wheat beer myself.  Too bad I'm having some awful stuff called Steel Reserve.  Not really a beer.  More like a cheap malt liquor.  ...But they're cold and I have a bunch of 'em.

For Xmas, I'm going to purchase a tour at a brewery for a friend who's graduating from Berkeley this year.  Kid's been wanting to go a pub, bar, or brewery with me for years and so I think he's going to appreciate the gift.  It's even better considering he's actually over 21 now.  I was already thinking of some place in San Diego, so Mr.ISO's brewery might just end up being the place.  I'll call them on Monday and check on that.  I just know that the wife and my friend's family likes San Diego and so we can go down, he and I will split up and do the brewery, and then we can all meet up again for a late dinner before we head home.  I'll check to see if his dad wants to join us.  If it weren't for the two high school boys in the crowd, the wife and mom would probably go to a winery down there.  Hell, the mom would join us at the brewery, but my wife would rather eat paste than drink beer.

EDIT:  I hate it when my thought changes mid-typing.

• Like 2

Obsidian Plays