What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

I bought a 12pk of Sam Adams Rebel IPA on the way home. Wasn't enough room for it in the fridge. So I put it in a steel bucket with ice and now I'm sitting on the front porch jamming XM Radio channel 59 so loud my neighbors would be bitching. Which makes it a good thing I don't have any.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not the pale ale, it doesn't exist, but I saw this glass and had to have it. Can't verify integrity of retailer yet. 

Sorry to self-quote, but can now confirm retailer integrity ... I've had birthday presents wrapped with less love than the items We Love Fine shipped. 

Beer glass was bubble-wrapped inside-out, sealed in its own cardboard box, surrounded by foam pellets inside the main box, which is plain cardboard on the outside, contest-winning art design within the cigar-style opener. Not my style, but a nice touch. And the branded tissue paper. Presentation does matter. All this for a glass and a couple shirts. 

welovefine_zps7ast5tyk.png

I'm drinking the last of the New Belgium twelve. Seriously astonishingly tasty. Those employee-owners in Fort Collins know how to brew. I hope they don't sell out, like local brewer Saint Archer did, to Coors. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

I have discovered the glory that is Knob Creek.

As far as blended bourbon goes I think that is the best. Their small batch reserve is really excellent too.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Usually I share only what I love, but, I tried a version of Newcastle called Foreign Extra India Pale Ale and it reminded me of that time I went to the janitor's closet and took a wet mop out of the drain and put it in my mouth.  

I can't figure out if that means it was terrible, or you just got really drunk and literally put a mop in your mouth.

• Like 4

Usually I share only what I love, but, I tried a version of Newcastle called Foreign Extra India Pale Ale and it reminded me of that time I went to the janitor's closet and took a wet mop out of the drain and put it in my mouth.  

I can't figure out if that means it was terrible, or you just got really drunk and literally put a mop in your mouth.

:lol:

Thomas Sowell

Anyone read the latest freakonomics book? They've an interesting chapter where they report on numerous studies which conclude that no wine connosiur or anyone else can tell the difference between a $100 wine and $2 wine. Iam pretty sure same goes for heavier liquer

Personally I like to experiment with different beers but I prefer once which offer strong taste. Whether it is malty sweet wheat beer like hoegarden, or the occasional double or triple IPA. Sometimes when I just wanna get wasted I buy cheap $3 six packs of big flats from walgreens or a 30 case of busch for $18 from my gas station

Also I knew guys who drank 20 liters of beer, daily(met them at a hospital in russia, ironically). Thats like twelve 40's a day. I also know way too many sceptics who think that just because they cant drink a 12 pack in 2 hours, then nobody can. 

Anyone read the latest freakonomics book? They've an interesting chapter where they report on numerous studies which conclude that no wine connosiur or anyone else can tell the difference between a $100 wine and $2 wine. Iam pretty sure same goes for heavier liquer

Well, different types of whisky are very easy to tell apart. Barrel aging also adds a distinct flavour. Since aging is the common factor among expensive whiskies, they are typically easy to tell apart from cheap whiskies. That said, there are superb cheap whiskies and so-so expensive whiskies.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a keg from a local brewery called Hermitage, it was a Citra single hop IPA.  Not only is it pretty good for a great price, they gave me a tap handle!  I'm super excited, makes my tap look professional.  I always enjoy Hermitage, they are always willing to talk about their craft beers when I go there.

• Like 1

mmm, Coronado Brewing Islander IPA. Amazing, although I didn't realize any of these flavors until I read the bottle:

"Centennial, Chinook, and Columbus hops combine to provide an explosive burst of piney bitterness and luscious notes of apricot, grapefruit and mango that are sure to evoke imagery of swaying palms and sun-kissed shores."

All Stop. On Screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Oculto Beer.

tequila_beer_pic.jpg

It is damn good stuff. Tastes kind of woody but it goes down easy and can get you there if you down 6 or so. I'd recommend chilling some down and downing then while watching Desperado because you will be buzzed and Robert Rodriguez killed it with that movie. Only 6% but is worth it if you got a ten.

I also drank some chocolate stout. It was sort of weird because it tasted very chocolatey but I enjoyed the **** out of it and it's a light 5% so you should be able to hold 3 or 4 before getting tipsy.

I finished everything off by drinking some Powers straight, how it was intended.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I found an awesome new beer from a local brewery. So far I've only had this one but it is REALLY good stuff: http://www.ghostriverbrewing.com/beer/seasonals/23-ghost-river-midnight-magic

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

That feeling threading the gauntlet at the DMV ... I made it out alive with a license renewal so I'm rewarding me with a twelve-pack variety from Stone Brewing. 

Got the Ruination Double IPA 2.0, Cali-Belgique IPA, Pale Ale 2.0, and a lovely Coffee Milk Stout.

Not right now, later, it's only 11am. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Watered down alcohol and liquor is severely underrated. Scotch in particular absolutely needs it.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I dunno, I have steel and stone "ice cubes" just so my alcohol doesn't get diluted. I don't hate it by any means but I'm not really a fan either. My wife makes fun of me because I only drink hard liquor and girly frou frou drinks 

The only thing I hate is bitter drinks

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

I think good whiskey has (or should have) a particular flavor. To enjoy it for it's own sake is certainly an acquired taste but if you do you certainly appreciate the steel ice cubes because you don't want it diluted. Heck I'm paying $40-$50 a bottle for what I drink these days. I don't want it ruined!

The only liquor I like neat or on the rock is sour mash like bourbon. I've never cared for gin or vodka. Scotch I can take or leave. Some of it is ok but most of it tastes harsh and medicinal to me. I do enjoy rye/Irish whiskey but don't drink it often. Rum makes me want to retch. Way too sweet. I don't know what Southern Comfort is supposed to be but if I could I'd buy the distillery, fire everyone, destroy all copies of the recipe then burn the place to the ground. Ick.

There are many different way to make bourbon. The biggest thing to differentiate the flavor is what sugar is used in the fermenting process. It's becoming popular to use fruit mash wort (fruit sugars) like cherries, peaches, etc. Or filter the wort through spices like cinnamon, cloves or coffee during the distilling process. The gives the whiskey a very subtle taste, most won't even recognize it but after you've had a few brands you will notice. Bourbon also takes on some characteristics of the wood cask it's aged in. If you spent nine years in a cedar barrel you will coming out smelling a little like cedar. Personally I prefer single batch whiskey fermented with unbleached cane sugar, unfiltered, aged at least 9 years in a charred oak and bottled at barrel strength. It's got the faint aroma of charcoal, like a grill cooking steaks somewhere off in the distance but you get a whiff on the breeze. The taste is sharp and clean with a slightly "smoky" after burn.

Pour three inches of that in a clean low ball glass at room temperature with two steel ice cubes to give it a slight chill as you sip then enjoy while watching the sun set in a wooden rocking chair on a covered porch and listening to whippoorwills signing.

That is how you drink good bourbon by God!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell