What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

Hey, they made a thread just for me!  Okay Okay, I have to admit, my tastes tend to outreach my wallet, so tonight I'm only drinking a big can of fosters ale, some malt liquor stuff that's disgusting, and a bottle of two buck chuck merlot.  Yeah, I know.  Mixing drinks.  Haha, suckers!  As long as I don't eat a lot of salty food and I remember to chug some water before bed, I'll wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed early tomorrow.  :Cant's aching liver icon:

If I have any braggable drinks in the future, I'll be sure to come back here for the Boozehound anonymous meeting.  :Can't wry grin icon:

I love that you have that gold medallion yet are drinking worse than well. You could have bought a lot of cases of great beer or a few of some good wine. But no, IE was invoked and you heeded the call. Even if it meant you had to suffer Fosters.

Good man.

• Like 1

I started the evening with some angry balls (angry orchard and fireball whiskey) then moved on to sake because I had some sushi delivered for dinner. After that I believe it was a Shirley Temple that tasted oddly of vodka followed by another that I'm assuming was at least half vodka... the missus wanted to mix me up something so those may not be exactly what it was but that's what it tasted like. Now I'm sipping on a raspberry shock top while trying to read 4 chapters of some book for class tomorrow

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I only allow myself to drink two or three days a week, and tomorrow is my 'drinkin' day.'  Since I'm one of those PoE folks, I can't afford the good stuff, so it'll probably be two big cans o' Fosters and one bottle of two buck chuck.  More than I should, but a hell of a lot less than I was drinking a couple of years ago.  I do enjoy a PoE man's scotch every now and then, and sometimes even the loftier stuff, but that's for rare occasions.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Perhaps I might be less than super enthusiastic about this faux gold foil, shrink-wrapped across the top of each Negra Modelo bottle. A pair of hedge trimmers could not remove every fleck stuck around the part where you're supposed to put your mouth.  

The brew itself isn't bad, not amazing, but not bad. It is no scotch ale, which was unavailable for some ungodly reason. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I decided to celebrate my latest physical assessment by making beef stroganoff and buying a bottle of Bushmills.  Okay, I could say that I'm a huge Irish whiskey fan, and that would be true.  I could also say that I've always enjoyed Bushmills when I've had it, which is also true.  However, the fact is, it was on sale and is generally cheaper, so that's why I got a bottle.  Anyhow, I also like beer with dinner, so a big can o' Fosters.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My dealer ran out The grocery store beer aisle doesn't stock scotch ale anymore. Seasonal, or something.

Not a bad substitute, Blue Moon Mountain Abbey Ale, "select roasted malts, a hint of Belgian sugar, and a touch of wheat for a rich, caramel flavor and a wonderfully smooth toffee finish."  

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

My new pleasure addiction is hard cider. Apple ale is awful.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Having another "Bombay Sapphire" after reading the weird news thread

For those who may not have seen when I mentioned it before the drink is basically a lot of Bombay Sapphire on the rocks and topped with ginger ale and just enough blue curacao to turn it the same color as the bottle

I almost bought a bottle of gin (I think it was Tanqueray... Ragpur or something like that) instead of whiskey yesterday. Maybe I'll get a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and sip a glass or two in honor of you, my Shady friend.

• Like 1

Obsidian Plays

All is not lost. But it is expensive. Locally enthusiastic brewer Ballast Point makes a scottish ale, but in 22oz bottles at cinco dollars a pop. 

For the main course of twelve I settled for Newcastle Brown Ale, but, I mean, it'll never wear a kilt properly. What is it about the malt that I love and why is it so rare. 

All Stop. On Screen.

When I allow myself to spend a little, I enjoy Newcastle. I can't remember where I was... it might actually have been in Scotland, but I had some sort of really strong ale. I mean this stuff wasn't dark brown. It was black.

At any rate, I finished off the other half of the bottle of Bushmill Irish Whiskey last night. Not enough to get me completely drunk, but enough that I slept like a babe when I went to sleep.

Obsidian Plays

I would do some very unsavory things for a Dr Pepper right about now

I'm drinking real sugar Dr.Pepper and vodka right now.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Good God, you crazy bastards, you need to drink your booze without all that sugary crap. It's gonna rot your gut and give you a pounding headache. Water is the way to go. Chug that water and your head will thank you in the morning.

Obsidian Plays

Is "too much" an appropriate answer?

No, as there's no such thing.

I've never tried it with vodka but its good with some cherry red stag or southern comfort

It will get you drunk, and it doesn't taste too weird if you use a smoother vodka.

Can confirm the SC, but never touched the cherry red stag. Going to have a party, so I will make sure to try the cherry red stag then.

Good God, you crazy bastards, you need to drink your booze without all that sugary crap. It's gonna rot your gut and give you a pounding headache. Water is the way to go. Chug that water and your head will thank you in the morning.

I usually drink water after I'm done drinking. Of course since I often consume...other substances, the effects can be strange.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So, does this now change to what are you drinking... or eating right now?

http://www.examiner.com/article/palcohol-powdered-alcohol-wins-u-s-approval-and-will-be-available-this-summer

• Like 1

Obsidian Plays

I said it before but I envy people who are either indifferent to or just straight up don't like soda. It's my one really bad habit.

If the caffeine is your reason, I can't help you other than to suggest tea. But, I myself occasionally really crave that carbonated drink, but generally don't drink store bought soda as it's so bad for you for many different reasons. Here's two solutions if you want that carbonated thirst quencher without the excess corn syrup, chemicals, and other bad things.

1. Go and buy soda water (or seltzer, but I personally prefer soda water), get yourself some fruit (I personally prefer limes, but there's lots of alternatives), dice it up, and put it in the soda water for flavoring. It's an awesome alternative to any store bought soda in my opinion.

2. Make some homemade ginger ale. (Obviously this only applies if you like ginger ale). This stuff is awesome, but takes a bit of work. There's a number of recipes out there for this. You can buy the soda/seltzer water yourself or ferment it yourself, whichever you prefer. I myself prefer just buying the soda water. Here's the closest thing to the recipe I use. Again, this is awesome, and is my preferred soda by far, and real ginger is actually very healthy for you (the vast majority of store bought ginger ales have absolutely no real ginger in them).

I usually go with #1 as it's a lot less work (peeling and dicing the ginger is the hardest part of #2), but highly recommend both.

• Like 2

Do what Val said and then put some of that powdered alcohol... palcohol, as it's called, in it.

Obsidian Plays

I don't think it's the the caffeine because my second favorite soda is caffeine free Pepsi. Maybe it's the sugar, I dunno, I don't like sweets/candies/cakes/pastries.

I do like ginger ale quite a bit, especially with gin or vodka so thanks for that

I just don't like to get to the place where I need to drink it every day, which is a concern with soda.  So even though I enjoy it, I try to limit the amount I drink.  Of course I am hooked on orange juice, can't start my day right without it.  

I'm the same way with my booze, I'll wait a week to drink a good beer because I want to be able to really enjoy it without any interruptions or regrets.