What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

Just opened the License to Kilt growler of scotch ale from Bagby.

It's surprisingly clean and light, smooth, agreeably malted, zero hop flavor, and comfortable, like stepping outside into cool air wearing a brand new double-knit zip-up.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

It's a little bit annoying that in Sweden you can only legally buy alcoholic beverages in one place (Systembolaget). So even when you're visiting a brewery or going to vineyards, you can not actually buy anything to take home with you from there. You have to order it later from Systembolaget.

It works, but your stories are definitely more sexy sounding.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Either this is genius or a blessing of circumstance. Gin and coconut water. 

Add a bit of sugar to that along some fresh mint leaves, allow it to sit for a little bit, then pour over ice, and you have a very dangerous concoction. Dangerous in the sense that it's so good and smooth if blended right, many will be apt to drink more than is generally prudent before you know it.

If I use rum I can make a drink with those ingredients that's almost pure rum (the only other liquid is any ice that melts) that a 5 year old would suck down. It's that smooth of a drink. Gin is awesome too in my opinion, but the alcohol taste factor of gin is impossible to hide in my experience (if we're talking a drink with gin as the main ingredient that is). I used to sell a lot of the rum version of this drink in my bartending days, as more people like rum than gin (also, you're not going to reach that generally imprudent stage as fast with rum).

Edited by Valsuelm

That's why I touted it as genius, I couldn't taste gin at all.

Somehow the fridge was empty of scotch ale, so I looked in the cupboard, then the fridge, then back to the cupboard ... over ice, one shot of Tanqueray (from a 375ml sitting in the cabinet for almost five years because I've never enjoyed the taste and it was a random gift from someone I don't know who moved out of their place as I was walking by and they were like, here) and the rest coconut water in a low glass. 

Before I knew it, I'd had three. It was a great impromptu drink, but the gin buzz is super-disconnected, floaty and insistent when it pushes you over the cliff. The scotch ale is friendlier, like someone holding your hand as you walk to the edge. I don't want to pass out and forget everything, I just want to enjoy a little energetic, numb courage.  

All Stop. On Screen.

No dedicated motorsports thread, unless the Austrian makes one, whatever, three weeks and three days until the F1 season starts ... Vettel in the Ferrari, I don't even ... terribad, no justice, no peace, no amount of scotch ale can ease the bile. All of the tifosi, every Italian everywhere is crying into their vino, poisoned with German milk. None of the old-timers are hearkening to '96 when Michael came, because they know Sebastian is no Schumacher. Switching to golf full-time this year, first since 1995. Forza Ferr--Rory McIlroy.    

All Stop. On Screen.

Coffee, Jamaican, black with a dash of sugar.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My wife and I had something called a Suiss Abyss last night, it was amazing. Kubler Absinthe, Creme de Cacao, cream, and grated swiss chocolate.

So, basically an Alexander with absinthe as the base spirit.  I'm not much for creamy c0cktails, but that sounds more interesting than a traditional brandy or gin Alexander. 

The last interesting drink I had was a Pink Gin variant.  Gin (Plymouth), 2-3 dashes each of Angostura and Scrappy's Cardamom bitters, stirred over ice and strained.  A traditional Pink Gin is all Angostura, but somebody gave me a sampler set that included the cardamom bitters as a holiday gift, and this seemed like a natural application for them. 

Sam Adams Cold Snap ale. Good stuff.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The missus is in NYC for the week so I'm getting lit all by myself. I have a bunch of random beers in the fridge but I hate corona and bud light so that leaves a few bottles of leffe, leinenkugel sunset wheat, and blue moon. I'm on call or else I'd dive into a certain bottle of bourbon that's calling my name

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

The missus is in NYC for the week so I'm getting lit all by myself. I have a bunch of random beers in the fridge but I hate corona and bud light so that leaves a few bottles of leffe, leinenkugel sunset wheat, and blue moon. I'm on call or else I'd dive into a certain bottle of bourbon that's calling my name

I have to say, with that selection, I might go for the Bud Light. 

I enjoy interesting ales, stouts, lagers, etc., but I find that I intensely dislike any beer with the word "wheat" "white" or "Belgian" on the bottle. 

Edit:  Actually, no, I'd dilute the bourbon heavily with soda water and drink that. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm the exact opposite but it's good to know that we could share a beer fridge with very little, if any, overlap

There were a couple others like Stella that I didn't mention which I also dislike but if anyone is wondering why I have so many beers that I don't drink it's because we have guests over a lot and they tend to leave whatever they don't finish

So this came on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHU_9ec94c

and my first thought was that I could go for a pumpkin peach ale

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hah, I talked about that crazy Budweiser commercial with a small brewer last week.  Craft beer is doing great, but it still is only at about an 8% market share of overall beer sales.  That commercial came off like they are backed into a corner or something.  Also, Budweiser makes plenty of fruity stuff, they own Shock Top and have a hand in a few others, they just don't get the ratings of the serious craft breweries.   :no:

• Like 1

I would bet the craft brew market is double or triple that number down here, custom beer is off the charts in this county. Which is great, I've never understood the attraction to water-flavored beverages. I mean, why do they keep going on and on about beach wood, it's water-logged, with sea water. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I may have been mistaken, sake can and will hit hard, even soon after a spicy bacon BK cheeseburger. 

In my defense I couldn't feel it coming, and it wasn't the most expensive nigori ever made, and I drank from a wineglass, so I got the spins and resultant headache I deserved this morning. 

Gotta remember to only binge-watch The Walking Dead, not binge-drink cold rice wine. Back to the scotch ale, now. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Hey, they made a thread just for me!  Okay Okay, I have to admit, my tastes tend to outreach my wallet, so tonight I'm only drinking a big can of fosters ale, some malt liquor stuff that's disgusting, and a bottle of two buck chuck merlot.  Yeah, I know.  Mixing drinks.  Haha, suckers!  As long as I don't eat a lot of salty food and I remember to chug some water before bed, I'll wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed early tomorrow.  :Cant's aching liver icon:

If I have any braggable drinks in the future, I'll be sure to come back here for the Boozehound anonymous meeting.  :Can't wry grin icon:

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!