What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

Back to normal imbibering, imbibing, imbilibations. Sounds like coffee, but it's not, Kona Brewing offers delectable imbibings of the ale sort. This Castaway IPA just washed away all disappointment at missing out on the 20th Anniversary Playstation. Well, some of it. Cheers. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Had a very good steak today for lunch, fresh white bread.

Hugely rounded carmenere to go with, drinking slowly, watching Netflix and catching up on reading.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got a bottle of Powers. Me like.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It has begun.  My annual egg nog binge is here.  Every year around the holidays I drink entirely too much nog, with and without alcohol.  Then I get really sick of it and don't want to touch the stuff for an entire year, which works out quite nicely.  It's tradition!

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What the hell _is_ egg nog?

I've drunk quite a lot. But the stuff I enjoyed was basically red wine from Chile.

Drunken logic dictated I move to Chile to get cheap Chilean wine. I stubbornly refuse to accept that it is blatantly cheaper to stay here and just buy wine from there.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What the hell _is_ egg nog?

Really? Its dutch liqueur made from a blend of egg yolks, aromatic spirits, sugar or honey, brandy, vanilla and sometimes cream - or evaporated milk. Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I just poured my favorite adult drink: Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve real Kentucky bourbon. Three fingers in a clean lowball glass with two ice cubes. I'll have one while responding to e-mails, reading the news and talking to you fine folks. Then likely another taken in my rocking chair on the porch listening to the night sounds and looking at the stars. But I'll stop at 2.

Actually if I could do that every night for the duration of my time on earth I'd have no complaints.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Any concrete evidence sodium intake decreases hangover effects ... two bags of Doritos the other night and no morning sickness. Also, these Really Seedy Multigrain Tortilla Chips are super delicious ... sesame seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, all on a chip, this whole bag may not last five minutes. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Hungarian "pálinka" is a strong fruit-based spirit that is usually translated as "brandy". The owner of one of the premier brandy manufacturers, Békési, decided that he will get into making whisky, too, as he's a big fan of Scotch. He was dedicated, did his research, asked coopers to scorch the the inside of barrels to get that special flavor, and so on. 12 years later, on the 30th anniversary of the Békési Brandy Manufacture, this series was released...

i2tDR87.jpg

I'm not a drinker, but a good friend of mine is, and he said that this was the best spirit he drank in his entire life.

Edited by Endrosz

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Hungarian "pálinka" is a strong fruit-based spirit that is usually translated as "brandy". The owner of one of the premier brandy manufacturers, Békési, decided that he will get into making whisky, too, as he's a big fan of Scotch. He was dedicated, did his research, asked coopers to scorch the the inside of barrels to get that special flavor, and so on. 12 years later, on the 30th anniversary of the Békési Brandy Manufacture, this series was released...

i2tDR87.jpg

I'm not a drinker, but a good friend of mine is, and he said that this was the best spirit he drank in his entire life.

Sounds cool, I'll check it out.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'm slightly wary of anyone's taste if they describe a hungarian scotch as the best they've ever tasted. Good whisky needs good ingredients, rare equipment (barrels), good water, and skilled treatment.

And now I want a whisky.

-Elwood Blues

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of gin but yesterday I asked the bartender to surprise me and the drink was actually pretty good. Guessing on the ingredients purely by look and taste I'd say the gin was mixed with an orange liqueur and a lemon lime soda (my guess is 7up because it wasn't very sweet) and then had a few cherries muddled in it.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I enjoy it, the cold unfiltered sake. It has more body and a better taste, I think. It's fun to drink from a wooden box sometimes, too. It's like, okay, how do I do this without spilling ... exactly the same thought I have every time I use chopsticks ... oops, plop.  

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Actually this Newcastle Scotch Ale is quite refined for a mass brew. The "toffee notes" and "mellow hop" are a great flavor. It's like a soothing dark comfort. 

Welcome to the club.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"