What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

• 2 weeks later...

Back on the booze today. No coffee though.

Three pints of ale so chewy it may have actually been a plank of wood. Or my own shoulder.

Now onto some delicious Spanish red. It tastes like a sock full of tea leaves that an angel has pissed in.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Someone turned me on to Four Roses single barrel bourbon. It is really good. A little on the expensive side but what the hell. I'm on my 3rd bottle in 5 months now so it's not like I drink a lot. I also found out this was William Faulkner's favorite booze. Not that that matters, just sayin'.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

More dark red wine. French. Red as sin, and as dark as the shadow of a saint.

Or something.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A bottle of 12-year-old Jameson yesterday. Today, water, coffee and ice cold cranberry juice.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Oh, those times when friends live up to their reputation. Turned 42 on Sunday, celebrated today with BFF, BFF's wife and child, expertly crafted Moscow Mules, filet mignon, asparagus spears, sweet potatoes. Somehow they 3D-printed a brand new human baby, too. 

samethingwhat_zpsbecbcb7f.jpg

42what_zpsfdd4494c.jpg

whoknewwhat_zpse5b32fa8.jpg

• Like 5

All Stop. On Screen.

Happy Birthday!!!!

Got home yesterday and sat in my neighbors garage swilling Jameson.

How long did it take him to find out you were in there?

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 5

-Elwood Blues

Do any of you drink Port Wine by any chance and know a good brand?

I'm no expert but...

Taylor Fladgate, ****burn's, Fonseca, and Sandeman are all brands that I enjoy. Tawny is my favorite followed by white then ruby but you can make some decent ****tails with it if you happen to get one you don't like. My personal favorite is probably a ruby port with red bull

Free games updated 3/4/21

Do any of you drink Port Wine by any chance and know a good brand?

I'm no expert but...

Taylor Fladgate, ****burn's, Fonseca, and Sandeman are all brands that I enjoy. Tawny is my favorite followed by white then ruby but you can make some decent ****tails with it if you happen to get one you don't like. My personal favorite is probably a ruby port with red bull

I don't why in the name of all that's inebriated you'd drink port with red bull.

But Fonseca is certainly a good port in my opinion. I prefer LBV, as it tends to be more fruity.

Tawny port is all well and good, but I can't help feeling slightly ambivalent towards it.

-Elwood Blues

Port with redbull? That's a new one.. 

Fonesca and Sandeman I've tried and enjoyed - and they are within a reasonable pricerange. It's just with port the price kinda seems to go in intervals >50$ for an acceptable one, 100-150$ for a good bottle to 350-500$ for the rare. I'm looking for a a brand you can fall back on in the 50-100$ range.

Fortune favors the bald.

Port with redbull? That's a new one.. 

Fonesca and Sandeman I've tried and enjoyed - and they are within a reasonable pricerange. It's just with port the price kinda seems to go in intervals >50$ for an acceptable one, 100-150$ for a good bottle to 350-500$ for the rare. I'm looking for a a brand you can fall back on in the 50-100$ range.

FIFTY QUID for a bottle of cheap port?

But then I guess Ros _is_ being paid for out of those taxes.

-Elwood Blues

I actually had port and red bull for the first time when I was on leave in Qatar. I was skeptical too but it was delicious. Mind you I only make it if I'm not crazy about the particular bottle of port. So when I'm adventuring in the 15 to 30 dollar range

Free games updated 3/4/21

I went to a taproom last night for a homebrewing group called Clandestine.  They only open on Friday and Saturday, and do all their brewing on Sunday.  It's a bunch of software engineers basically just enjoying their hobby, but they've got a pretty slick operation set up.  They gave me a tour and everything.

• Like 1

Newcastle Scotch Ale ... just sounds right. 

Their marketing department has a sense of humor.

I'm boycotting your beer.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif