What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

That's a gag I haven't seen before. Where the guy assumes he has terrifying beer goggles, and ignores a genuinely attractive lady!

Seriously, though, there was one girl I knew there, and I used her to calibrate my level of inebriatedness. She might have also just had a really good day, too. :p

Did she take off her glasses and shake out her hair? Because science has proven that this action makes chicks much hotter.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's a gag I haven't seen before. Where the guy assumes he has terrifying beer goggles, and ignores a genuinely attractive lady!

Seriously, though, there was one girl I knew there, and I used her to calibrate my level of inebriatedness. She might have also just had a really good day, too. :p

Did she take off her glasses and shake out her hair? Because science has proven that this action makes chicks much hotter.

Nope, that's the point. The parts of her that look great still looked great, but the other parts looked a lot better than usual :D

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thinking about it, why is this a bad thing?

When you are actually sleeping with her she looks great. When you have to regretfully let go in the morning she looks terrible. Which is exactly when you want her to look terrible. You won't miss her.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When you are actually sleeping with her she looks great. When you have to regretfully let go in the morning she looks terrible. Which is exactly when you want her to look terrible. You won't miss her.

Small city, borderline village. Word travels, have reputation. :p

Small city, borderline village. Word travels, have reputation. :p

Indeed. The greatest bass fisherman in Hgornbjornsfjord must set an example with his player status. 

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

• 2 weeks later...

Something called Boulevard Brewing Double-Wide India Pale Ale: "Relax, it's twister-proof." Based in Kansas City, they're being ironic about tornadoes, not the cork sealing the big 750ml bottle. I'm seeing this more, and more ... beer in wine bottles with corks. 

Actually, a pretty nice flavor. Really clean finish, medium hoppy, golden caramel color. Quite drinkable. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I got invited to a party yesterday, and there were Eastern Europeans there, and vodka. I'm pretty sure I only made it home after trespassing through a stranger's garden. And I missed the entire day due to hangover.

-Elwood Blues

• 2 weeks later...

I did shots of whiskey with a friend and am still sober. I need to make friends with people who can handle their **** better.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If you use sticky tape you can cover up a lot of the label and drink 'Gbo', the fancy Scandinavian cider.

Fact.

-Elwood Blues

Great weekend with the guys. One of them had a kid so we got together to celebrate.. Us 'uncles' gave the lad a 18 year old Springbank - on the condition that in 18 years we all gonna drink it together (with him).

sp-18-biggest.jpg

A really good single malt and I'm looking forward to it. I tried the 10 year old and it was probably the best I've had yet (although truth be told, not a good whiskey/scotch drinker)

For the celebration I had bought a 'Plantation Nicuragua', while I knew the dad had an opened Barbados - I love the sweeter rums, but these were surprisingly good and smokey. But the crown was the St. Lucia.. Seriously, if you like rum, find this. One of the strongest tasting rums I've had, with hints of honey, cinnamon and a sweet peppery aftertaste..

Barbados.jpg

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Confirm spelling on that rum, Ros?

-Elwood Blues

I'm a gonna grab some Highland Park Thor today, after the meds having kept me off booze for a couple of weeks. Turns out you never want to drink more than when you can't....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had some hard apple cider with cinnamon whiskey and it was quite good

Huh, two months later I finally get on board with this. Fireball cinnamon whiskey, Angry Orchard Cinnful hard cider, over ice in a wine glass. Probably against the law, and it's really weird to see condensation on a wine glass, but highballs are so rat pack. It tastes fine and cinna-dandy. Will try straight shots of the whiskey next. Watch out, pretzels.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I haven't had an eighteen-year old since middle school. Not true, it was high school. Or rather after high school. But before turning 21. It was well within the statute of limitations. Or I mean consent, whatever. Totally legit.  

There is a lot of sweetness mixed in with the hard cider, a little much, right now, but I do have a sweet tooth anyway. I noticed though, that straight cinnamon, cimmanon?, whisky, is not superbly alcoholic, kinda like sake, only sweeter, and more like cimmanon, sinnamen, sin no man. Whatever it goes great with jalapeño crackers. I just bought a new chair to play games, a recliner with ottoman ... like cinnoman but with O's and you put your feet on it, while watching movies with eighteen-year olds. Pick it up tomorrow, super pumped. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.