What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

Went to a "jazz festival" in Amersfoort with my brother, and enjoyed some La Chouffe's, a "sneeuwwitje" (beer with 7-up) on advice of my brother (didn't do much for me) and a weizenbier while listening to number of live bands playing anything from gypsy music to didgeridoo and very little actual jazz. The sun was shining, music was playing and we sitting at a table outside having a few beers and having fun.

To anyone ever coming this way: don't spend so much time with the tourist zombies in Amsterdam. Lots of places outside of Amsterdam have beautiful city centres, like Amersfoort, which are a lot cleaner and less crowded.

This message was brought to you by the Dutch tourist board.

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Nice day out so I'm enjoying a mint julep out on the balcony while trying to get in touch with my inner aristocratic southern woman

Mercy!

Ah do DE-clare! Ah haven't seen such dec-ah-dance in dis here forum in pos-i-tive-ly ay-ges.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I bought a bottle of Courvoisier VS and Wild Turkey 101. This Wild Turkey could be what gets me into Bourbon.

I'm cutting back on the drinking overall, though. Only one glass a night. Getting sloshed actually hinders my productivity I've found.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In non-alocholic news, today I was craving a mezzo mix which isn't sold around here so I had to get a coke and orange fanta and mix my own

And now to our top story, I also had somewhere between 3 and  mint juleps because I'm trying to use up all the mint I bought before it goes bad

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

In non-alocholic news, today I was craving a mezzo mix which isn't sold around here so I had to get a coke and orange fanta and mix my own

And now to our top story, I also had somewhere between 3 and  mint juleps because I'm trying to use up all the mint I bought before it goes bad

If you really want to suffer, plant some mint rather than buy it.  It will take over all the surrounding area and live forever.  It is a delicious virulent weed. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Are those any good? I've never had one. Guess I'm not a big mint fan but I don't hate it.

One of the things we do with our best friends is our own beer tasting. When they visit us they'll bring along a bottle of 4 different beers none of us have tried. They're concealed in paper bags, we'll choose one, divide it up and 'test' it. We do the same when we go over to their house. We've got a huge list of all the beers we've tried and our individual ratings. Now I'm not really a big beer drinker but I've found I love the Iron horse brewery beers!

I also recently discovered Aspall's draft cyder. And I do love ciders!!

Filthy carlsberg

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Are those any good? I've never had one. Guess I'm not a big mint fan but I don't hate it.

One of the things we do with our best friends is our own beer tasting. When they visit us they'll bring along a bottle of 4 different beers none of us have tried. They're concealed in paper bags, we'll choose one, divide it up and 'test' it. We do the same when we go over to their house. We've got a huge list of all the beers we've tried and our individual ratings. Now I'm not really a big beer drinker but I've found I love the Iron horse brewery beers!

I also recently discovered Aspall's draft cyder. And I do love ciders!!

They are okay but I like both mint and bourbon... and even then I wouldn't order one if I had pretty much any other choice

I bought a bottle of Courvoisier VS and Wild Turkey 101. This Wild Turkey could be what gets me into Bourbon.

I'm cutting back on the drinking overall, though. Only one glass a night. Getting sloshed actually hinders my productivity I've found.

What? I thought we were a writer! Booze and writing go hand in hand, just ask Joyce, Hemingway, Vonnegut, I could go on all night!

Besides, Wild Turkey is so harsh and flavorless. You should try some single barrel small batch bourbons like 4 Roses or Woodbridge.  

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What? I thought we were a writer! Booze and writing go hand in hand, just ask Joyce, Hemingway, Vonnegut, I could go on all night!

Besides, Wild Turkey is so harsh and flavorless. You should try some single barrel small batch bourbons like 4 Roses or Woodbridge.  

or Breckenridge 

Of course drinking so much also made Papa Hemingway impotent...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 4 weeks later...

rum_zps269e6c74.jpg

Few things are better than pure oldschool rum, and I can drink tons of it till my lights go out. 

Must have been a pirate in my former live, love the ocean, love blackpowder rifles, love sailboats and I love rum. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

GTs, cuba libres, cranberry vodkas and stuff i forget. Before midnight, all the girls started looking like Raithe's posts in the hopefully attractive women thread, leading to a realization that I am very, very drunk and about to wake up next to a rhino unless I go home, leading to a hasty exit.

Now I'm sorta thinking there might have been a fashion week here nobody'd told me about.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's a gag I haven't seen before. Where the guy assumes he has terrifying beer goggles, and ignores a genuinely attractive lady!

-Elwood Blues

That's a gag I haven't seen before. Where the guy assumes he has terrifying beer goggles, and ignores a genuinely attractive lady!

Seriously, though, there was one girl I knew there, and I used her to calibrate my level of inebriatedness. She might have also just had a really good day, too. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif