What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

Mission accomplished.

Man am I tired.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know how orange juice and toothpaste really don't go well together?

Well, yesterday I found out to my surprise that it works pretty much the other way for cognac. Having a sip of cognac after you've brushed your teeth works great (no questions).

You learn something new every day.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I tried some bourbon stout. Sorry to say I thought it was a mistake. I love stout, but the bourbon added a ...gloss finish... which over-wrote the subtler flavours.

I did rate the white wine I got on the cheap - Castanzu 2012:

EDIT - Better website

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/castanzu+vermentino+sardinia+italy/2012/-/-/r

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

A week and no drink ... what is wrong.

With apologies to The Dude and white Russians everywhere (no, belay that last) I think I prefer caucasians with rum instead of vodka ... a white Cuban, if you will. I didn't realize coffee liqueur is rum-based anyway, so it tastes slightly more, uh, bien.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Bought new gin. I'm just toying with trying it out. It's full on with the botanicals. 30 odd herbs and spices.

-Elwood Blues

Bought new gin. I'm just toying with trying it out. It's full on with the botanicals. 30 odd herbs and spices.

In the end, I always wind up with Tanqueray.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's not a bad gin, but I think you should stretch your legs a bit. There's a lot of interesting gins out at the moment.

-Elwood Blues

It's not a bad gin, but I think you should stretch your legs a bit. There's a lot of interesting gins out at the moment.

For the relatively minimal amounts that I drink of gin, I prefer an old stalwart over "being challenged"...

For the relatively minimal amounts that I drink of gin, I prefer an old stalwart over "being challenged"...

LOL. Probably because you get more than enough challenge outside the drinks cabinet. *wry*

-Elwood Blues

Have 'discovered'* that black tea with copious cinnamon is delicious. Just make sure you vigorously mix the cinnamon into a paste with hot water before adding the tea and remaining water.

*I was probably told to do this at some point.

-Elwood Blues

Hamster beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/507/1572/

The best Dutch "witbier" - a light coloured rather sweet, fruity beer.

If you ever manage to get your hands on it, I highly recommend it. Perfect for sitting outside on a pleasant summer afternoon.

I'm more interested in where I'm supposed to get sunny afternoons.

-Elwood Blues

The strongest drink I've had this week was black coffee. But I had lot of that. My current work project is finished. There is nothing pressing to do around the house, and the Rays are playing at 12 so the dry streak ends today!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

More green tea with a teaspoonful of cinnamon.

Nectar.

-Elwood Blues

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/worlds-heaviest-drinking-countries-revealed--and-the-uk-doesnt-even-make-the-top-10-9357860.html

UK drinks less than Australia? Outragous, the UK should be ashamed of itself.

More on topic, polishing of a bottle off Chivas Regal.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
  • Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Coors light. It's like sex on a waterbed... f---ing near water! :lol:

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bulk 190 proof grain alcohol (danger: highly flammable. danger: very fun for pyromaniacs.) "WAR HAS CHANGED." "WAR NEVER CHANGES." "WAR HAS CHANGED." "WAR NEVER CHANGES." ...I need a drink.

Actually, it might actually be cheaper to fuel a car with the stuff, at least it wouldn't encourage more misguided government subsidies for non-drinkable ethanol production (seriously, stop it, corn is meant to make people look like beavers while eating, not propel automobiles.)

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

Actually had a corked wine yesterday. Can't remember the last time that happened.

There's no trick to spotting a corked wine, when it's leaking through the cork, and smells of vinegar.

-Elwood Blues

Highland Park Valhalla collection Loki. Apparently scored one of the final 5 bottles in the country...

• Like 1

Nice day out so I'm enjoying a mint julep out on the balcony while trying to get in touch with my inner aristocratic southern woman

Mercy!

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

Graham's Crusted Port, 2004.

Along with some single blend whiskey that had a faint chocolate taste. That was slightly quirky.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."