What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

This weekend we went with a big group around to a bunch of local wineries and did barrel tasting.  I'm not big on wine, but it was pretty cool.  I brought a large picnic basket along with cheese, crackers, and apples, and that was a good idea.

I did start to taste the difference between french style and italian style wines though. 

I had some really really good special batch rye whisky yesterday. But I'm damned if I can recall the name.

Sorry.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had a lot of Irish Coffee over the last month (while on vacation). I just love that stuff. Coffee *and* whiskey in one nice package, what's there not to love about it :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tomorrow I'm going on a beerwalk where we get to try 20+ beers from local breweries.  It starts with a tour of the Gordon Biersch plant nearby, where I hope we get to sample something unfiltered straight from the tanks.  Last year I had a blonde bock that way, and it was the best beer ever. 

• Like 1

I'm giving those Angry Orchard hard ciders a shot. Definitely better than drinking beer. The Traditional Dry is a what the name implies. I can't detect the ginger in their ginger one.

The Crisp Apple I can see myself drinking regularly.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Booze free weekend, so off for a few pints with the boys.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm giving those Angry Orchard hard ciders a shot. Definitely better than drinking beer. The Traditional Dry is a what the name implies. I can't detect the ginger in their ginger one.

The Crisp Apple I can see myself drinking regularly.

My wife loves those.  I'd never admit it to her, but they are pretty good.

Coke. I've actually lost quite a bit of weight after ditching "light" and going with the sugary stuff. My dentist is going to murder me, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finally got round to using my teapot I got given a few years ago. It's bloody genius!

-Elwood Blues

Valdivieso merlot 2010. Worth every penny, in this weather.

-Elwood Blues

Grapefruit Slam IPA, it is glorious.

Stochasticity-Project-by-Stone-Brewing.g

Can confirm it is eminently drinkable. I'm good and ready for the ladies long-program, now.  :dancing:

It's great because it doesn't slam you in the nasal sensor with a bitter twang. Neither is it sweet, which I like. Just right. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think wine goes with anything, but someone gave me this bottle of Chilean sauvignon blanc as a gratuity, so ... now I'm obligated. Hopefully a white wine in wintertime isn't the same as wearing white pants after Labor Day. Okay, I'm gonna try it. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Wine goes with a great many things. It's probably the most parable of all categories of alcoholic beverages. There's a reason that restaurants have wine lists, and some even have full time employees to oversee their wine collection and advise patrons on selections.

White wine in winter time is perfectly fine. Sauvignon Blanc would generally be consumed with poultry, fish, or some desserts. Here are some other ideas for it:

http://www.hellovino.com/food/wine/pairing/sauvignon-blanc

But really, you could have it with anything you wanted, or by itself of course.

• Like 1

Whew, okay, reviews are in. The grape is an animal disguised as a froo-froo pretender. Indeed wine seems to be parable with everything from an entire bag of Doritos, to Snickers Ice Cream Bars. This fruity product of Chile has a great finish and never intrudes. Overall I'm delighted, actually. Smooth, manageable buzz with less than a quarter the normal trips to relieve one's self. Can't explain that part, at all.

8/10 Will Drunk Again

All Stop. On Screen.