What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

This is my first post on this thread, I'm a little nervous so please don't me too critical :biggrin:

One of Xmas presents was a 10 year bottle of Cognac that I plan to relish later. Now in South Africa we drink Brandy and Coke-cola, Brandy is basically a cheaper  version of Cognac and is often abused by South African drinkers and that brings me to a story.

We use to go skiing every year in Austria and the one night  my dad said to me " lets go for a drink in the hotel pub". My dad loves his beers so I joined him. To be honest I'm more of a binge drinker and drink for effect rather than taste but anyway I digress from my story. So we went to this quaint bar and I asked the waiter for a "Brandy and coke". The hotel bar didn't stock Brandy and after some explanation the waiter thought I meant Cognac so he brought me this expensive Cognac in a goblet with a coke-cola separate. As any experienced drinker knows you slip Cognac and you don't mix it. I took the 2 drinks from the waiter and promptly poured the coke into the Cognac to the waiters utter dismay and horror..."how could I destroy this fine Cognac". I didn't realize what I was doing as I assumed it was Brandy. But my dad was watching the waiters face the whole time and never told me. That night I ordered 4 Cognac\Brandys and mixed coke-cola with them all

My dad only told me what I did much later :)

Yes I'm clearly not a very mature drinker

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

Balvenie 17 year portwood. Gave some to a friend yesterday and being a good friend he opened it immediately.

Beautiful, strong, soft, dessert flavours of spice and toffee and apple. But not girly. A really good choice if you want to impress, and can afford the tag.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I had some Pappy Van Winkle 20 year and 23 year while in Vegas for more money than I feel comfortable sharing (especially with my wife)

I will say that I enjoyed the 20 year a little more as it was a bit sweeter on the nose and less woody but if you ever get the chance to have either I'd highly recommend it

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I can tell you what I have not been drinking since 1989: water.

That'll be why you urinate sticklebricks.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can tell you what I have not been drinking since 1989: water.

That'll be why you urinate sticklebricks.

Ouch! That's unbearable pain right there. Luckily I live up in the north, where glycol has washed my urethra smooth like an alien's head.

Btw, I hated those toys when I was a child. It was like playing with colourful carding combs.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I quite like diet coke, but only because it reminds me of visiting eldsters. They always seem to have some in the fridge.

-Elwood Blues

I laid off aspartame last autumn, the stomach issues I'd been having since ~january disappeared in a week. S'yeah, when I drink it, I'll drink the stuff with sugar.

18yo Highland Park has really become my favourite whisky lately. Has all the stuff I like together and in moderation.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

25 quid a round for me and the woman in London the other day. I'll tell you what, I don't know how many I bought, but it was more than four.

Something a friend of mine once told me: if you must drink in London drink in the Ritz. It's not cheap, but it is worth the money.

My friend basically is like the girl in this old poster. She knows how to choose drinking spots.

notsodumb.jpg

-Elwood Blues

I laid off aspartame last autumn, the stomach issues I'd been having since ~january disappeared in a week. S'yeah, when I drink it, I'll drink the stuff with sugar.

18yo Highland Park has really become my favourite whisky lately. Has all the stuff I like together and in moderation.

What is it about lawyers and scotch? :lol:

I've got so send you so genuine Kentucky small batch bourbon. The kind you won't find at home (or would have to pay a kings ransom for if you did). I promise you'd never look to the British Isles for your booze again!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Round here, stranger, that's fighting talk!

We're quite passive aggressive.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

My friend basically is like the girl in this old poster. She knows how to choose drinking spots.

She's a spy? Cool.

I was drinking scotch and ****tails* all night. As was she. I suppose beer would have been cheaper, but I was wearing a suit. Standards, old boy.

*Oh for God's sake. DICKTAILS

Edited by Kroney

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Not really lately so much as in often and still having a bottle I sip. I was never much into wine, because they were all bitter and sour to me somehow or they had a taste of vinegar. Had a few good ones too on occassion, extremely rare occasssions, but I am just as bad with french and spanish names or whatever it was. When I moved to Ukraine I tried one very cheap, sweet, delicious and lovely local red wine called Bastardo, Koblevo Bastardo. Instantly imprinted. I love it and it's only €2 per bottle. I found a page from the maker, describing the wine as an ordinairy table dry red grape wine. Ordinairy is not word I got in my vocabulary for this wine. Spectacular, Awesome, Goodness. That's more like it. It's good for drinking with your loved ones or just for joy. My parents love it too and we bring far too few bottles everytime we return to Denmark for a visit.

I also found Strawberry Milk here, by a different producer, but they pulled it from production and relaunched a lesser version in a smaller bottle at the same price. It still makes those fitness cornflakes more edible.. Chocolate milk help too.   

(Signatures: disabled) 

What is it about lawyers and scotch? :lol:

I've got so send you so genuine Kentucky small batch bourbon. The kind you won't find at home (or would have to pay a kings ransom for if you did). I promise you'd never look to the British Isles for your booze again!

I think you answered your own question there. I can't get decent bourbon here. People keep telling me to try pappy van winkle's family reserve, but I've never even seen a bottle. ;)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

After a very productive day I'm rewarding myself with a bottle of mead and some heavily modded Skyrim.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Sam Adams IPA. I'm not a big IPA fan in general but these folks can do no wrong in my book.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

More mead, South African cabernet franc, and some other stuff.

-Elwood Blues

Last night during the Supabaw I started off with a bloody mary with tons of horseradish in it.  Then I switched to beer: Fosters in a giant can.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks