What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

Today I am drinking a fine 9 year old Kentucky bourbon. Three fingers in a highball with ice. I just poured my third glass

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My - for want of a better word - adjutant has been mixing irish whisky drinktails this evening, while we watched Downfall.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My - for want of a better word - adjutant has been mixing irish whisky drinktails this evening, while we watched Downfall.

My condolences, if you are watching the Korean version.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Korean version?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Korean version?

It's about an orphan prostitute.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Korean version?

It's about an orphan prostitute.

No this one was about a baity Austrian fellow with one testicle who had his dreams of being an artist thwarted by War.

Actually, put like this it sounds like the kind of thing they'd invent to win a Palm D'Or.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

^That would be the 2004 DOWNFALL (aka Der Untergang) whereas KaineParker is talking about the 1997 DOWNFALL (aka Chang)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No this one was about a baity Austrian fellow with one testicle who had his dreams of being an artist thwarted by War.

Actually, put like this it sounds like the kind of thing they'd invent to win a Palm D'Or.

That sounds quite nice, is it based on a true story?

And what would you recommend to drink to be able to watch that movie?

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Grabbed a bottle of Brandy today. I figure it must be good, it's the only alcohol I know of that people name their child after. Well, also Budweiser.

Maybe not as special a club as I initially thought.

I like it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That sounds quite nice, is it based on a true story?

And what would you recommend to drink to be able to watch that movie?

We were working our way through a list of whisky drintails.And a few beers. And i think a bottle of wine. 

-Elwood Blues

That sounds about the right amount to get smashed, would probably need that to get through it. ;)

If I were to get smashed, I could probably finish that bottle of mead...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I prefer a decent whiskey in my Irish Coffee. 12 years minimum. No instant coffee either, thank you very much. Otherwise, I'm not much of a whiskey person, preferring Cognac. Part of my weekend ritual is to indulge in a generous glass of a local XO brand (a by product of the local wine industry down here). Very decent stuff. Other than that little luxury, alcohol intake is usually limited to Friday afternoon beer at work and the monthly "Friday Night Drinks" (which also includes more food than you can shake a stick at). Various beers, wines and spirits.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I prefer a decent whiskey in my Irish Coffee. 12 years minimum. No instant coffee either, thank you very much. Otherwise, I'm not much of a whiskey person, preferring Cognac. Part of my weekend ritual is to indulge in a generous glass of a local XO brand (a by product of the local wine industry down here). Very decent stuff. Other than that little luxury, alcohol intake is usually limited to Friday afternoon beer at work and the monthly "Friday Night Drinks" (which also includes more food than you can shake a stick at). Various beers, wines and spirits.

You... put 12 year malt in your COFFEE?

:skeptical:

~~

Rough day, so am now on a very friendly burgundy with a friend and colleague, just reviewing.

-Elwood Blues

You... put 12 year malt in your COFFEE?

The Glenfiddich 12 year old is excellent for Irish Coffee. Get some decent brewed coffee from fresh ground beans, some real cream (not whipped) and some light brown sugar (a bit of molasses, but not too much) :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Currently: Just finishing a bottle of Marsala wine and having a glass of Braastad XO by the side. Later this evening I will visit a bar I was running 2 years ago, it will be exciting to see how things have turned out lately (the number of different beers are now over 100 I hear).

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Taking an extended and long-delayed break from drinking. This is the first serious test as I will be at a party with free booze.

-Elwood Blues

Am pleased to say that with the exception of a Spanish grand Reserva it was easy to hold my ground yesterday. I held ground, but it WAS hard to refuse.

Still had fun. Which just goes to show I need to hang out with less reputable people.

Reckon I'll keep it up until December. Just to prove the point.

-Elwood Blues

Highland park 18yo, still. Has all the stuff I look for in a single malt in one package. In fact, after the two days I've had so far, i'm tempted to just get hammered on work time. Too bad my bosses are teetotallers.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif