What you've been drinking lately.

PK htiw klaw eriF

What alcohol have you gentlemen been consuming lately?

I've been drinking Obsidian Stout and Republic Tequila(Plata).

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Absolut Citron as part of a delicious Sea Breeze in the precious time before the dead of winter sets upon us. That and the occasional Limona Corona.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 4
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Just bought a bottle of Jameson's, Johnny Walker Red Label, and Disaronno. Found out there's a ****tail of the former two and had that last night, not bad.

I think I'm finally able to discriminate between Irish Whiskey and Tennessee Sour Mash. It's taken me long enough.

• Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Having a blue moon right now but this is what my current workload looks like

1392004_10151969555726223_97861997_n.jpg

Someone needs to get busy.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I bought a large bottle of Gordon Beirsch Zwickelbock and plan on drinking it tonight.

zwickelbock_bg.jpg

One time I drank Blonde Bock at their brewery directly from the tank.  It was the best beer I've ever had.  This isn't quite as crisp, but it was on sale and is still pretty dang good.

• Like 1

When it comes to whisky, I'm a scotch man.  I rarely buy it, though, because I'm frugal (read: piss poor).  I usually stick with vodka because I can buy fairly good vodka (Sobieski) for $20 for 1.75L.  While it is possible to buy scotch for $20 for 1.75L, said scotch isn't fit for human consumption.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Theakston's Christmas Ale, very palatable pint, good body and a nice aftertaste.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Cold, unfiltered sake is a nice treat. Like when you're in the mountains, and it's cold outside, but you're eating sushi at the lodge, and the girls come inside, shivering, cause it's so cold, but they wore only skirts and heels, and one of them comes at you from the front, the other behind, and they wrap their freezing cold arms around your neck to get warm. Kinda like that.  

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Having a blue moon right now but this is what my current workload looks like

1392004_10151969555726223_97861997_n.jpg

Nice kitchen.

Unsolicited advice:  Invest in a quality orange liqueur.  That plastic-bottle triple sec is okay if you're making slushy margaritas for undergraduates, but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise.  A ****tail made with Cointreau or a quality curacao (no, not the awful blue kind) is going to be light-years better. 

Also, if the price of a bottle of vodka (x) is > $20, you're getting $20 worth of vodka and $(x-20) worth of bottle.  If you need to be pretentious and bring out the Goose bottle, do the dive-bar switcheroo and pour some sensibly priced vodka into the Goose bottle when it's empty.  Or just stop drinking it-- any vodka ****tail can be infinitely improved by changing the base spirit to either gin or rum.  (Speaking of which, where's the gin?)

I've just finished a lovely Old Fashioned, made with Bulliet Rye, a homemade ****tail cherry, an orange slice, a demerara sugar cube, and angostura bitters.  I'd go make another, but the wife is a little touchy about seeing me do the drinking that she isn't allowed to. 

Edit:  ****!

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 3

Redbreast. Thinking of using some Cointreau to make Sidecars for some friends tomorrow. Do any of you have recommendations for a good brandy to use?

• Like 1

^ Srsly, you shouldn't be using *good* brandy in ****tails, any more than you'd use decent champagne in 'champagne' ****tails.

I'm sure there are lots of mixologists who would die in a ditch to disagree, but these are people who make a living marking up booze prices by 5000%

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Nice kitchen.

Thanks!

Unsolicited advice:  Invest in a quality orange liqueur.  That plastic-bottle triple sec is okay if you're making slushy margaritas for undergraduates, but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise.  A ****tail made with Cointreau or a quality curacao (no, not the awful blue kind) is going to be light-years better.

It's funny you should mention that as it was purchased at the corner liquor store at the last minute for an impromptu margarita party. No undergrads though...

Free games updated 3/4/21

^ Srsly, you shouldn't be using *good* brandy in ****tails, any more than you'd use decent champagne in 'champagne' ****tails.

I'm sure there are lots of mixologists who would die in a ditch to disagree, but these are people who make a living marking up booze prices by 5000%

So anything that isn't **** will do? My wallet thanks you.

What you have to remember is that drinktails were (basically) invented to mask the flavour of crap hooch during prohibition.

Don't asssume that there's no good reason to use good booze in a drinktail. Just don't do it yourself unless you know _precisely_ what flavour you are trying to achieve.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh gods. That looks just awful.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.