Project Eternity boxed version?

If Eternity does well, then I imagine they'll probably do a boxed version of the expansion plus the original game as some kind of collector's edition. But as far as boxed versions of this game go, there's not really a market for it unless it somehow does well enough for someone to cut a deal with them to sell it in stores.

I was wondering if there will definitely be a boxed version of Project Eternity (manual, maybe a paper or cloth map, etc.), that will be available and can be ordered once the game is released?  Or are the only boxed copies made going to be for those that knew about the game in time to pledge for the kickstarter physical goods tiers?  Thanks for any info. :)

I'd love a proper boxed version with a cloth map and a lovingly drawn manual laying out whats what.

No matter how many times cats fight, there's always plenty of kittens.

• 1 month later...

Just in time production is a real thing.

You can even do on demand printing these days (a lot of the smaller RPG publishers use this model).

It's definitely not unreasonable for obsidian to (every few months) run off a batch of "supercool collectables stuff in a box" to flog to crazed fans at ridiculous prices.

Gearbox do this with their loot chests and I'm sure they wouldn't if they were losing money on the deal.

But I really guess it depends on their marketing strategy and the situation PE is in when they have to decide on boxed vs. distribution. I think physical goods outside of Kickstarter will not exist, but a boxed version maybe. Also I would be absolutely pissed off if they would just shell out a Collector's Edition. I backed that tier because I really wanted a Collector's Edition and not some mass market "collector's edition"

Pretty much that's why I was trying to upgrade my tier for last 3 hours (and failed, but will try again after I'll get some sleep). Just wanted something really "special" and lasting (physical goods) that I could be proud of in many years to come.

Well ok, and to show of, but just a little - mostly because not many of my friends would care :D

...aaand because most of my family won't ever understand the sheer level of awesomeness ("you paid HOW MUCH for that stupid box?!")

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

I'm very glad people who initially missed out can get their boxed copies. ^_^

I cheer for you guys, as someone who pledged for a physical tier, but would've definitely been interested in getting a boxed copy now if I had been a little late to the party.

Surely Obsidian must have access to some kind of quantum field generator, since we so well established earlier in this thread just how impossible it is that they could ever take orders for physical goods anytime after the Kickstarter ended, because reasons. 8)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• 7 months later...

Well, I guess the issue of the boxed copies is settled.  Apparently there will be boxed copies readily available for order when the game is released (pre-orders also, no doubt), now that Paradox has been brought onboard to handle marketing and distribution.  So that's good news for the many rpg fans that will want the full boxed copy version.  :)

Well, I guess the issue of the boxed copies is settled.  Apparently there will be boxed copies readily available for order when the game is released (pre-orders also, no doubt), now that Paradox has been brought onboard to handle marketing and distribution.  So that's good news for the many rpg fans that will want the full boxed copy version.  :)

Are you sure?  I was under the impression that if you didn't back a boxed copy you don't get a boxed copy.

I thought Paradox was doing a physical release like any other game, that will be sold in the stores. You can pre-order a boxed copy atm, btw for $50 + shipping.

Edited by Sensuki