SW: The Old Republic - Episode VI (The Old Menace)

Gorth

I loved my fights where I could just, as assassin, CC some thugs and we all skipped most fights. With 2, you can pretty much avoid 80% of the fights.

I don't experience the "bad DPS" as much, but of course, I'm already filling one DPS slot, so that makes it 50% less likely, and in many cases my friend was the other DPS, so we were good. Just waiting a zillion hours for tanks and/or healer.

Most people no longer do CC though, and I often find combat started before I can and comments like "we don't need to CC, idiot"

If solo'ing, just turn off AoE on your comp, and they should not break CC at all.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Most people no longer do CC though, and I often find combat started before I can and comments like "we don't need to CC, idiot"

If solo'ing, just turn off AoE on your comp, and they should not break CC at all.

The first group of people would just end up on the ignore list. Makes sense to ignore tactics if ridiculously over leveled/over geared, but if not, it's perpetuating bad habits (like guarding healers in pve) that will come back and bite people who listen to such "advice".

Had a first go at the final seeker droid mission. Didn't end so well. Only 5 minutes before server reboot did we realise that the reason we kept exploding was because you can't use any abilities while carrying the batteries for the turret/shields (wiping 3 times at 87.5%).

Ah well, live and learn. Some other day when we get the time all 4 of us.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Most people who run flashpoints are ridiculously overgeared though. But yeah, you certainly need to be aware of what can be expected from your groupmates in those respects.

If I ever do flashpoints these days it's only with guildmates and then we tend to pretty much ignore good sense, never cc, continously chain pulling (to the point that if you don't pay attention a s ahealer, the tank will most likely be 100 meters in front of you engaging new enemies, frequently around a corner).

We, of course, do not do this when there's non-guild members in the group.

The seeker droid quest is hard when you're not aware of the mechanics. We 3-manned it when we did it with no tank. Was interesting, especially the think after the explosion room. There is a mechanic that makes that bit a lot easier which we weren't aware of so we spent almost an hour on that bit being in combat the entire time (and no wipes). Then I did it after reading up on how it was supposed to work and beat it in 5 minutes...

Most people who run flashpoints are ridiculously overgeared though. But yeah, you certainly need to be aware of what can be expected from your groupmates in those respects.

If I ever do flashpoints these days it's only with guildmates and then we tend to pretty much ignore good sense, never cc, continously chain pulling (to the point that if you don't pay attention a s ahealer, the tank will most likely be 100 meters in front of you engaging new enemies, frequently around a corner).

We, of course, do not do this when there's non-guild members in the group.

and yet, that is the kinda nonsense that happens so frequent. super-tank doesn't think he needs to finish a pull or aggro anything less than a gold. dps decides tank is too slow and start pulls or attack stuff that ain't been aggro'd by tank. heals uses his/her bestest aoe damage to start a pull, then wonders why she died... in spite o' the fact that the the sub-33k tank was self-healing when the pull started... or trying to ask 'bout mechanics. the only thing worse in a pug fp run than ignorant tanks who won't ask for guidance is the super- (tank/dps/heals) who seems hellbent on creating a wipe... then rage-quitting when that happens. 

as 'tween a group o' n00bs who will ask for and take advice, and the vet who has Serious ADD issues and thinks he is superman, we will choose to run with n00bs any day o' the week. the superman jerks is even worse if they is a pair from same guild. 2 such clowns is typically making snarky comments or yelling obscenities and frequent start a vote to kick those they perceive as inexperienced. funny thing is that the guild-clowns is the ones who is actual causing the problems. 

*shrug*

mmo nonsense is a given. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Glad I seem to be not getting too much of that nonsense...

But then again, now I am tired of the game. The most recent additions (GSF and the new FP) were seriously bleh, and rather made me loose interest more than keep it.

I suppose GSF being a dissapointment is the major part of that. I looked forward to it, I liked it... but those damn gunships. And then they add minelayers too. Guess it's too much to ask for fun dogfighting :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Glad I seem to be not getting too much of that nonsense...

But then again, now I am tired of the game. The most recent additions (GSF and the new FP) were seriously bleh, and rather made me loose interest more than keep it.

I suppose GSF being a dissapointment is the major part of that. I looked forward to it, I liked it... but those damn gunships. And then they add minelayers too. Guess it's too much to ask for fun dogfighting :(

our interest in space battles is zero, so we couldn't be disappointed with gsf gameplay.  

is supposed to be another hutt cartel digital expansion later this year... probable late this year. am s'posing we will hang 'round at least til next expansion. nevertheless, am getting tired of pug nonsense, and the thought of joining a guild has as much appeal as does chewing bubblegum laced with aluminum foil shavings.

as for the mmo stoopid players in fps, we suspect it is more prevalent than you is aware. if you play heals, you is more likely to see nonsense as healers secondary job is to mitigate player mistakes. we got multiple heals.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I have 2 healers (only used in leveling though). The only I do endgame with is DPS.

Can't imagine going through grinding gear on another character or doing endgame on multiple chars... it's just... too sucky for that. I don't see how people can do that, or find it fun.

Leveling really is the most interesting part for me, and guild runs of operations.

^

is supposed to be another hutt cartel digital expansion later this year... probable late this year. am s'posing we will hang 'round at least til next expansion. nevertheless, am getting tired of pug nonsense, and the thought of joining a guild has as much appeal as does chewing bubblegum laced with aluminum foil shavings.[/size]

:lol:

Yeah, read about that producers road map and the follow up discussion. Apparently something along the scope of Rise of Hutt Cartel. Oh, and two new flashpoints in a not so distant future, intended to kick off a new story arc. Was getting a bit tired of hearing about dread master this and dread master that anyway (especially when not playing the operations, time zones still being the main joy killer, ops night being on Wednesdays during my normal work hours).

@Hassat: I know what you are saying about grinding :grin:

With 5 level 55 (and my sorcerer who is almost level 52), it took a while to get them geared in first 69's and later 72's. Lots of Oricon/Czerka weeklies and an obscene amount of HM flashpoints.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, I've only got two characters at 55 now, and I've really only been doing endgame content with one of them. My SI has a mix of 66-72 gear now, and I've been getting his companions set up with  58-66 mostly..

I've got two characters at around 52-53 (my consular and juggernaut), and I don't really have any intentions of levelling my Jedi Knight past 50. I do keep thinking that now my Bounty Hunter is 50 and re-speced as a healer, I should start doing flashpoints to make sure I know how to heal and generally see what that's like..

I find I keep going back to my SI to earn money and just to idle around now and then, do the once weekly run through oricon and the czerka planet, the makeb weekly, and pick up extra cash to send out to my low-level toons as I might need it.

Working my Agent through Hoth at the moment, and I've left my Trooper idling around before I take him to Nar Shaddaa.

Still haven't done any operations.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finished my class quest for my sorcerer. For some reason, it's only the 3rd class quest I've completed in full (trooper and bounty hunter), despite having numerous level 55's. For some reason they just seem to get stuck on Belsavis and not making it any further. Decided to bite the bullet and start finishing them one after the other now. Agent is next, having started on Corellia and who knows, maybe my smuggler and Sith warrior will get around to it too. Having an incredibly hard time motivating myself to play my two jedi characters (consular being the most likely to make it anywhere since he's now on Hoth) :(

I will say the Smuggler falls apart in chapter 3. At least in my opinion. Not helped by the final class-quest mission which has you face the big bad.. and then gives you an annoying post-Boss fight series of grind fights against small mobs of easy kills before you can leave the map.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

yesterday were just one o' those days. above we mentioned the super-tank/dps/heals phenomenon, and we had to heal a mando raiders hm fp that exemplified why we gets twitchy every time we que for a pug group o' any sort. first thing we notice is that tank is not group taunting or even trying to grab aggro of mobs. sure, the tank put a guard on us (which is pretty much useless in non-pvp encounters btw) but then he/she is making it so we gotta self-heal with half o' our effort. our sentinel (and it is sentinels and marauders who is most likely to do this crap) always attacked elites first, and as the tank weren't taunting, the sent was getting chewed up so that we was working extra hard to keeps him alive as well.

we somehow manage to keep these clowns alive in spite o' fact that they made encounter with the 2 sith, operative and bh a real nightmare... damn operative and bh were attacking Gromnir almost the entire fight... until near end when they were attacking the gunslinger and sentinel in our group. heck, even before that encounter we barely made over the bridge with the 2 big bots-- Gromnir literal rescued our sentinel in midair as he were flung over edge 'cause tank wanted to pull both bots at same time. regardless, we get to last encounter and sentinel starts giving us advice during fight... telling us how to use noble sacrifice.  moments before this joker had been attacking the turret the tank had not aggro'd and so was taking some serious damage. we pointed out that in spite o' his and the tank's curious tactics, we had managed to keep everybody upright and that his advice might be more meaningful if he hadn't shown himself to be a bit of a doof by attacking the wrong freaking turret only a few seconds past.  "it's just mando raiders," were his pithy reply.

seriously?

as an aside, on harbinger we has 1 55 of every class save for assassin, marauder and operative. our assassin is level 50 and our marauder and operative is both level 18. most o' our 55s is only having 69s for gear, but we kinda like having 1 o' everything. with 2x weekend just around the corner, we may do a marathon session and gets our concealment operative up to 50. its a sickness.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Hehe... sounds familiar. Did 5 HM flashpoints over the weekend. Had to "abort" 2 of them as it was just getting silly. First failed attempt was Hammer Station where we just couldn't beat final boss. Tank was an a slightly under geared (imho) shadow that couldn't hold aggro and boss kept targeting my gunslinger and the the other dps (sentinel). Which meant, we were both on low health and got run over by the adds of all things trying to protect the healer. Rinse and repeat 3 times. Not sure where 61 and 63 mods come from, but it's rare to see people equipped in those in HM FP's.

Second failed PF was one where I decided to cut my losses early. Healer was in hurry, had 20 minutes he said (yeah right, doing Athiss in 20). Operative and shadow decides stealth is the solution and starts sneaking, cc'ing and whatever that group cloak ability is. Problem is just, with all the roundabout ways, when we approached the beast boss, we had spend 50% *more* time than just killing a few select mobs and go straight from point a to point b. No way were we going to make that in time (and a time of day where both tanks and healers are a rare breed, so you could end up waiting forever for a replacement).

Other 3 HM 's (including a Hammer Station run and CZ Labs+Meltdown) were smooth and trouble free. Otherwise it's just a bit of grinding. Getting quite decent at soloing Oricon heroics on the pub side.

Oh, and finally got the seeker droid quest done too on my main character. Had 3 friends who helped me out doing it, despite them already having done it. That's friends alright (picked the "light" side armour) :)

Possibly, but not the way we were doing it. Took more than 10 minutes to get to the beast of Vodal (without clearing the way to the cave, so that meant also fighting the adds) and the fight hadn't even started. Assuming 3-5 minutes for the fight leaves approx 5 minutes for the rest of the fp to complete including last boss fight. Call me a pessimist, but I considered that an impossibility (and didn't want to invest more time in what I considered an endeavour doomed from the outset).

what the heck is going on with fp groups? yesterday we wait an hour before getting a fp pop, only to have tank be in starship pvp. is not the first time we has had somebody grouped for fp be unavailable 'cause they were actual in starship pvp... though we didn't think that such an eventuality should be possible.  second fp pop is only having us wait 30 minutes or so-- mando raiders with an inexperienced tank and a heals who made the darn thing harder than it shoulda been. we gave up on them, which is extreme rare for us. after a half-dozen wipes, and a relative certitude that we would not get past the boarding party portion o' mando with current group, Gromnir quit. another 30 minutes wasted and probable 40k credits in repairs. half-an-hour more elapses and we get another mando raiders pop-- everything goes well and we finish quick.

more than three hours spent getting a single hm fp credit for our guardian dps? that were more than enough swtor for 1 day, thank you very much.  is perhaps enough swtor to last us the rest o' the week as we is getting increasing grumbly whilst playing. the game is 'posed to be entertainment. 

HA! Good Fun!

The interesting premise of class stories is what attracts me to this game and sometimes brings me back - The fact that they didn't see a future of further supporting these class stories disappointed me greatly, and pretty much killed my interest, but I suppose it was inevitable. It would have been a nice contender for a while at least against the beast that is WoW.

Edited by TheChris92
  • Like 1

Had my first "real" taste of operations over the weekend, offering my Juggernaut DPS to fill up the dps body quota in two guild runs. Doing first part of Scum & Villainy in a 16 man group and the second part as an 8 man group (two different ops groups).

Only missed out on the operator fight, as second group had progressed from that one. It may be harder to gather and manage 16, but I actually found the fights harder in 8 man mode. There sure is no room for slackers :p

Had the dubious honour of causing a party wipe just after entering in the 8 man group. Ended up with the wealthy buyers coin and wanted to insert it in the slot announced by the ops leader. Clicking frantically, the darn coin just didn't want to go in. After the wipe, I explained I really tried right clicking for all I was worth. Apparently this is the exception to the rule and unlike everything else in the game, you do this by left clicking on the environment. Ah well, live and learn (or die as was the case). Noob error if ever there was one. Everything went smoothly until the last boss fight. Managed to get myself killed in that through sheer stupidity though, hitting tab key to select Styrak and jumping... over him to another Styrak holding a light beam cordon, moving towards the center. Ops boss had warned about staying in center alright. Yup, unable to move while game played the jump/landing animation, the guy walked all over me and insta-killed me. Fortunately I got battle rez'ed by our operative healer and think I did my share of damage in last phase where guys started dying left and right. There was 3 or 4 of us standing when he went down. Quite an exciting experience when you haven't tried it before.

Yup, 16P is cakewalk compared to 8P... and rewards you more to boot.

No wonder pretty much every pug does it... the only downside being as mentioned getting the people (mostly the healers... for some odd reason tanks are less of a problem here).

^

The interesting premise of class stories is what attracts me to this game and sometimes brings me back - The fact that they didn't see a future of further supporting these class stories disappointed me greatly, and pretty much killed my interest, but I suppose it was inevitable. It would have been a nice contender for a while at least against the beast that is WoW.

Same. It's the only part of the game that I actually enjoy. Unfortunately, I can't do *just* the class quests and have fun... I have to do the planet story as well, and every side quest and bonus in order to stay at the right level. 

Same. It's the only part of the game that I actually enjoy. Unfortunately, I can't do *just* the class quests and have fun... I have to do the planet story as well, and every side quest and bonus in order to stay at the right level. 

The horrors of MMO's -- I do love how the Smuggler is basically forced to care about all of that ****, in the planet stories, when one could just as well not be. After you get the Thousand Year-Albatross back, the Smuggler doesn't have much of a story anymore. And yet.. I still loved it more than most of the Force User classes. Simply because the Smuggler was entertaining to play and most of the party members were fun.

I could ignore every other planetary chain by doing PvP (which is surprisingly fun*), flashpoints and taking advantage of rest XP. You still have to put time into the game, but you aren't forced to go through the planet story quests. There's also the legacy class/flashpoint/PvP XP bonus unlocks, so there.

*edit: except 4v4 arenas. Those suck.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Had the dubious honour of causing a party wipe just after entering in the 8 man group. Ended up with the wealthy buyers coin and wanted to insert it in the slot announced by the ops leader. Clicking frantically, the darn coin just didn't want to go in. After the wipe, I explained I really tried right clicking for all I was worth. Apparently this is the exception to the rule and unlike everything else in the game, you do this by left clicking on the environment. Ah well, live and learn (or die as was the case). Noob error if ever there was one.

Missing one coin on SM shouldn't cause a wipe though. It just means one more droid on the floor, but that should still be manageable.

In story mode, 16-man is certianly a lot easier than 8-man. In hard mode it's another story and varies greatly from fight to fight. But dps and healing requirements are generally higher in 8-man, while the difficulties in 16-man is more group coordination and team management.

I prefer 8-mans in general since it allows you to build a tighter team, but larger scale raids can be fun as well.

Well, just logged in again, apparently since 50 days or so...

And as result lost millions of credits of my mailbox, and many items.

I can't even care... I suppose that's a good call I am fatigued of the game.

^