SW: The Old Republic - Episode VI (The Old Menace)

Gorth

Hm, it's something that came out of the Makeb story-line.  I know it's some super-duper crafting thing, but no idea what for.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's used in the crafting of 31 (72) items. And very in demand.

Price was a lot higher when basic were scarcer (no Oricon and CZ-198), but they still fetch a fair price.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Got a slight taste of the Gree event. A nice diversion from the usual grind. Only one daily rubs me the wrong way and that's because it feels like Oricon/Makeb. Too small area with way to high respawn rate to accommodate the large number of players. You often end up fighting the same mob more than once during boss fight because they respawn again... and again... and again... =]

Maxed out in my weekly Gree rep and unlocked a few extra missions. Ran around the galaxy and found all relays. Wasn't too hard. Grand total of 4 grey helixes so far. Still a long, long way to go before getting that lightsaber and sniper rifle I would like ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yup, my first 2 events or so I was getting 12 helixes and I was wondering, how the hell do people already have those legacy items?

Then I did Xeno II, and well, it became pretty apparent.

It's pretty much literally the only source of those things, the heroics are peanuts.

Pretty much the only thing of the Gree event I'm going to do this time around.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Sniper Female is basically a meaner Fem Hawke. 

:lol:

Since I've got some time off between the two holidays here, I've been indulging myself to the game 24/7 for a few days. Managed to also get my trooper in on 16 man Xenoanalyst II (which was quite a bit easier than 8 man actually). SM only though, I'm not a masochist.

I wonder if I can squeeze my smuggler girl through the process too before it's over. I may not be able to buy any of the stuff I want this time around (I should have been doing two ops per toon then, but can't because of the lockout), but I should have a good starting position when the event gets around again eventually.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh, with the 78 gear, HM isn't that hard... I remember thinking 'Was it set to HM?' last week. Haven't done it this week yet... 0_o

Haven't really played much TOR this week to be honest. Not that I really mind, and when I did play more story than end-game, which again suits me fine.

^

Hm, I haven't really been in a Star Wars mood the last week or so so haven't really been playing any.

Need to get back in at some point, I've left my Agent hanging in orbit over Qesh, and my Trooper has to start Nar Shaddaa, apart from that all the other classes are lurking in end-game content.

Heh, with the 78 gear, HM isn't that hard... I remember thinking 'Was it set to HM?' last week. Haven't done it this week yet... 0_o

Haven't really played much TOR this week to be honest. Not that I really mind, and when I did play more story than end-game, which again suits me fine.

It's not very hard, but it does require that people pay attention and know the mechanics. There's more room for error in 16-man for sure, but if enough dps ignore the cores, or if tanks try to just face tank the second sets of adds you're still kinda screwed.

Of course if you have a stealth resurrection available, completely ignoring the cores is a completely viable tactic :)

No-one seemed to knew how to handle the second set of adds.

But unlike in the past, we still murdered the boss even with both our tanks KIA. Heh...

^

Got my third toon through the process too. Honestly can't be bothered with a 4th :)

looks like the lockout is timed so you can do it exactly twice before the event goes away (and I missed out on this the first week, collecting enough rep to even get admitted to the fun bits).

Hmm, is it just me or is the Jawa balloon bugged? Tried twice in 3 days with 2 different toons to board it. When it's 50 meters (rough guess) from arriving at the sand crawler it just *puff* disappears. Nowhere to be seen >_

Yeah, it's a known bug that happens sometimes. very annoying when it does.

If you have a friend that can to a knockback, you can get the datacron without the balloon though.

Requires dueling so the knockback will actually affect you, but other than that it's fairly straight forward.

Hmm, is it just me or is the Jawa balloon bugged? Tried twice in 3 days with 2 different toons to board it. When it's 50 meters (rough guess) from arriving at the sand crawler it just *puff* disappears. Nowhere to be seen >_<

That was an old bug that got fixed, so  I wonder what's changed to flick it back into occurrence.

I don't know, but the TOR team got a swell reputation on making patches that re-apply old fixed bugs I notice in the time I played so far...

It's probably their organisational skills are crap and they ship old outdated files in their patches, but that's just m intuition, no solid evidence :)...

^

Not sure that bug was ever really fixed. I know they say it was, but iirc I've seen reports of it occurring every now and then after the fix. Could possibly have something to do with how poorly the game handles position updates.

So if using the balloon again, I'd suggest moving a little. Server position updates whenever you stop, so just taking a couple of steps every few seconds maybe. No idea if it'll work, but could be worth a shot.

I tried using my speeder halfway to the cron and back to the starting point... no luck, no balloon to see anywhere :)

The other two guys who had waited for it the second time also gave up in disgust and moved along.

Ah well, I got a few days to play just after New Year and before going away on RL travels.

You're saying the balloon vanished completely? That's a new one for me.

The bug I thought you had is when the balloon goes away on your screen for a few seconds, causing you to fall off (not even sure it vanishes or if you just fall).

Nah, it simply slowly approaches, people chatting on the crawler while waiting and when it's getting close it completely vanishes without a trace, leaving everyone muttering stuff like wth and wtf in less polite terms :sweat:

Finished the first Heroics for the Binocular mission... car jumping was fun. Took us a bit to work out why the end boss kept regenerating. One of those facepalm moments when we realised the healing droid hiding behind him, out of sight was the one doing it. Spread out a bit so we could look around him and interrupt it when it started to heal him to full again.

Then we started on the second (last?) heroics, but it was getting late and after figuring out the mines and the turrets, we kept wiping against the droids, so had to call it a day eventually. We didn't know if they were endless or eventually would end respawning, but without a healer in the team, we probably were a bit challenged (two tanks and two dps'). Ah well, only one heroics to go, will get there eventually. This damn well better be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess from a launch retail install I'm looking at having to download 10 gigs or so ? Anyone have an idea ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I guess from a launch retail install I'm looking at having to download 10 gigs or so ? Anyone have an idea ?

You are more or less correct the full game is 22Gigs the retail install gets you a bit more than half of that.

Hm.  Maybe I will wait until there's an expansion pack or something then I can catch up that way, hah :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra