SW: The Old Republic - Episode VI (The Old Menace)

Gorth

I think the Jedi Knight, while it has an Epic series of stories, isn't quite as tied together coherently through all 3 acts as the other class stories. It kind of feels more like 3 separate short stories linked by having your character, rather then flowing from one to another.

You try telling a Bounty Hunter that to his face ;)

That story was a complete and utter incoherent mess between chapters. I had no idea what I was doing chapter 3 (other than follow the step by step guide in the quest log to reach the end of it).

Trooper and smuggler made a much better job of coherency (comparatively). At least you know in chapter 3 why you are there :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Eh, I felt the smugglers' acts two and three were basically "we're out of story to tell, here's some generic filler to get you to level 50".

That might be because "smuggler" as a faction makes absolutely no sense. It's still a heck of a lot more coherent than the BH one though (disclaimer: hasn't finished smuggler yet, just started on Corellia, somewhere in chapter 3).

At least you have an overarching story, fighting Rogan the Butcher who has been your adversary since you lost his blaster shipment and the murder of Veeto (sp?).

Chapter 1 is basically an introduction and 2 and 3 is your life as a privateer after getting a Letter of Marque from the Republic government (fighting Rogan and his Imperial backers).

Trooper follows a similar pattern. Chapter 1 is about the defection. Chapters 2 and 3 is about the war that has broken out and gathering and unifying forces for the fight against the Empire while doing the occasional commando type raid against them.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I loved Smuggler Prologue and Act 1. The emotional pay off you get when you snag your ship back is great, and then the whole mysterious treasure hunt is fun. Act 2 has it's ups and downs, and then Act 3 loses the plot. Plus that finale that has you fight the big bad, and then still has you spend 10 minutes grind-festing your way out of a ship about to blow up..... Talk about ruining any feeling of triumphant success.

The Bounty Hunter is pretty much tied to revenge. First revenge against the guy who kills your mentor, then revenge against the people who tried to set you up... The Great Hunt was an interesting idea, but I can't quite make up my mind how well they executed it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I lost interest in the smuggler story somewhere in the second act, same with the bounty hunter.

I'm going to roll a powertech later tonight and give it another go

Also, just noticed Gorth's watcher badge then checked what tiers that's tied to  :blink:

Free games updated 3/4/21

I see no badge on Gorth.

Anyway, if you hate datacrons too, support this;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=700948

As for stories... ALL of them are disjointed between the acts... and are basically 3 small story plots.

The Bounty Hunter act III (since I finished it recently;

pretty much makes you the bitch of a Sith Lord. Though very satisfying to...

Double spoiler!

kill him in the end. Really cool that was an option, giving an entirely different end-boss fight! Kinda odd though no-one Sith cares the Sith Lord of the ship is dead

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I prefer to hide my batch, was an error anyway, testing something on my own profile, it should "only" be a gold batch ($1000 pledge) if any ;)

Yeah, went with the "light" side option at the end of the Bounty Hunter story. I might have mentioned in passing in the past, that Mako was a bad (good) influence and I ended up with Light IV or some such.

My sniper on the other hand is Dark V without a single light side choice to his name (0 - 10000 is the score). He's rotten to the core.

I knew it, you bought your way into the system. Back in my days you still had to use intimidation and blackmail.

XD

As soon as you reach the max (10000) any points gained will be deducted from the other... so 0-10000 doesn't mean never *ever* a LS-option was chosen ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Oh, ah well, he actually never did make a LS choice (a dare for myself to see if I could/can do that all the way through the story) :)

I'm contemplating a Jedi play through with a mirror opposite, as in no DS choice whatsoever through the story. Not sure if consular or knight is better for that experiment.

I actually played that way first few chars.

But now, it's really boring. LS/DS is mostly meaningless anyway. So I just pick the most fun/appropriate response instead of maxing out one alignment.

And thuthfully, it's much more fun to play. Cause there are a lot of stupid republic LS choices or empire DS choices.

I don't quite understand why all republicans pretty much always have 1 LS/2DS options and all impirials standard have 1 DS/2LS. Some developers were probably drunk...

^

I remember one of your main gripes about the BH, Gorth, was the lack of choice with your companions. Gault, Skadge. 

Originally you were supposed to be able to have that freedom. 

And execute a certain traitor in the SW stroryline. 

But this would cause balancing issues, so they decided to just force them on you so that you may not get screwed over if you're lacking a dps/heal/tank companion. 

Cause there are a lot of stupid republic LS choices or empire DS choices.

Sometimes mass murder are actually counterproductive. 

And why is trying to hide the romance between two jedis "dark side"?

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Let me guess, you can still "romance" somebody as a jedi and break every rule you professed to uphold on Tython?

I never could find a truly consistent system in the DS/LS thing.

Sometimes it looks like a choice between being passionate and logical (like Kirk and Spock), at other times it seems like a choice between "the easy way" and "the hard way" and lastly sometimes as a choice between helping little old ladies crossing the street versus drowning kittens while cackling gleefully.

Yeah, showing Skadge the airlock would be high on my to-do list. At least "Gault" can be funny sometimes (even if his presence in your team felt way too contrived in its justification).

Edit: Mako and Blizz sort of made up for a lot of it though :)

Cause there are a lot of stupid republic LS choices or empire DS choices.

At least they made that couple immature enough that you wanted to break them up. If I could have given my Jedi Force Lightning, I would have zapped them.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Oh yeah, the addition of Gault to your team is horrible, HORRIBLE.

Whoever made the BH Tatooine plot should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

^

Indeed. They spend the entire planet making you hate his character and want to shoot him in the face.  Then the big finale is.. he becomes your companion and screw your sense of professionalism, you're helping him fake his death.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just curiosity... has anyone tried to max out their ship droids affection?

I don't think there are any "hidden" achievements, as they are all in plain sight on the achievements list. But it struck me the other day that the droid(s) may become more useful if their crit chance improve on gathering and mission missions. Currently cornering the market in companion gifts that they like (cultural artifact and faction memorabilia).

Yeah, I have. No achievements, but with the legacy crafting goggles, it's the best crafter for some skills. Like Cybertech, where no other companion get a crit bonus.

You can get to 8000 affection with the gifts you buy on the fleet. It's time consuming though, but rarely cheap.

I have entire storage bays (as in not just one tab, but several tabs) on several companions just stacked with gifts and gift fragments, gathered while pumping up their crew skill levels (gifts often being the "rich" choice). Time to sort through them and extract the useful ones. I did indeed have my main characters droid in mind (who has the +5 cybertech critical sensor) :)

I think spider means really cheap, not rarely cheap.

And yes, I too have the guy maxed for the bonus to crew skill gathering...

^