SW: The Old Republic - Episode VI (The Old Menace)

Gorth

Hard to say, as I've yet to play Kaon under Siege and Lost Island. Even now, selecting the entire category in groupfinder, it seems to hate those two and they never "pop". I think some day i'm just going to queue specifically for them.

Even though Black Talon/Esseles having a disproportionate amount of dialogue choices so early in the game, they are probably my favourites. Heavy on story elements and just the combat necessary. Directive 7 and Cadmimu aren't too bad either (the latter two having some interesting boss fights).

The whole Maelstroem Prison / Jedi Prisoner thing would/could have been good if they hadn't messed up the story towards the end

Revan should stay dead and buried, never to resurface again. He was unwelcome in the Kotor games and no more welcome here

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I like Lost Island. Or liked rather when it was still one I did regularly, as in pre-expansion.

It's not overly long and the bosses have interesting mechanics. Or rather, mechanics you actually have to pay attention to or you die.

My favorite has to be Directive 7. Another fav is Kaon under Siege, I like it's creepy mood.

Just the 2 maps the entire community seems to hate though :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The thing about this 2X XP thing is, my gear sucks for my level. My Sith was getting murdered by the Republics on Nar Shadda, despite at the time only a level or 2 difference.

Oh yeah, my friend who hates playing thieves decided he didn't care for the smuggler anymore. At least my sorcerer is more fun to play than my tank knight. Maybe if my Sith was set up under the lightning tree instead of as a healer, I could have done enough damage to negate the difference. Right now I'm starting to get some Tatooine gear. Still well below my level 31. I've got a few Orange items, so they're more or less okay because I've been working on my Artifice training.

I've only done the first Sith flashpoint so far. It was okay.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I've been working on my Artifice training.

Knowing what I know today, I would not start a new legacy without an Artifice/Cybertech duo when it comes to crafting skills.

Were you f2p, "preferred status" or a subscriber? It's worth the investment to get all 3 crew skills for each character (even if saving up and buying it off the GTN). Between the artifice and cybertech, you can turn out armour, modification and enhancement mods on an assembly line for your guys (and later their companions) without being dependent on those planetary commendations. If you play Sith/Jedi classes, even better as you get the saber hilts from Artifice too.

My "main" guy is churning out blue "66" mods for companions now, as a couple of other characters are approaching level 53 and that means all their companions (about 5 companions for each character) are going to need at least decent gear. He also makes the artifact versions of those for my toons to have some decent "starter" gear when reaching level 53 (after which, they have to earn gear the hard way).

My "Artifice" guy was lagging a bit behind, but has finally caught up and got his archeology skill up to speed so he can start creating the "fun" stuff and attempt to learn new schematics in the high level range.

I don't know if it's an unfortunate side effect of double xp, but having spent most of the Sunday playing flashpoints for various characters, I could fill a post with horror stories, including level 55 characters who have no clue whatsoever about what flashpoints are about. We had kick no less than 2 DPS in the one and same flashpoint. Didn't believe our eyes when the second was a spitting image of the first. Luckily third time was the charm or however the saying goes.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I love crafting. It's why I had so many toons in WOW when I played it (gear on demand), and why I backed Balrum.

I'm subscribing for the first month, because I bought the discs and they came with a month. Figured that when I'm done here, I could come back to Preferred. For now I'm Art/Arch/Slicing (for the creds - that will be the one I drop when I go down to 2 with preferred.)

I would hate to do flashpoints, because quite frankly, I know I would suck at it at this point. I'd rather just do runs. Quite frankly I would need to mod my quickbar to have 1 visible at all times for attacking, and one for healing. For flashpoints I'd stick to healing, but even then, I don't have the technique down yet, and I'm so used to what I have now, that I would have to retrain myself. 9-8-4-3-8-4-3-8-4-3... with barriers and shields thrown in. Electrocute for the tougher enemies, and the occasional Overload if they get in close.

I decided to take a quick break to go to the auction house, and load up on current level gear for me and A.Revel. Khem has lv 33 gear waiting for him. I'd rather have the tank, plus I can talk more Sithy.

Man, I wish you didn't have to go to the trainer to level up your skills at a new level; just to learn new ones.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Man, I wish you didn't have to go to the trainer to level up your skills at a new level; just to learn new ones.

One (probably the only now) perk of pre-ordering the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. You got a portable trainer that you can whip out just about anywhere anytime. No need to visit the fleet or major city for it, you can do it in the field. If you ever see anyone standing next to a "Holo Hutt", they probably pre-ordered that expansion ;)

As for Flashpoints, they are my second favourite pastime after solo adventuring class stories. Mind you, I still haven't tried one of the available operations, but I hope to correct that some day (having finally found a decent guild, not big but I like the people there).

I've completely dropped PVP and new toons created the last 6 months didn't even bother with the introduction to Warzones quest. I'm curious about the Galactic Starfighter thing though, at least enough to give it a spin and see if I like it better than Warzones (never tried the new smaller arenas).

There's an item you can buy, Satele Shan or Darth Malgus holostatue (depending on which side you play on), that acts as a portable trainer. They used to be on the cartel market, not sure if they still are. But they also used to be available on the GTN.

Don't know the price of them, but when I got mine, they didn't bind to the character that got them, so once you were done with one character, you could just mail it to your next one and keep using it.

Of course, since I pre-ordered the expansion I got the hutt holostatue on all my characters (and all future ones), so there's that problem taken care of.

Meh, I got artifice, don't bother with it. All my planetary comms go straight to buy those upgrades... and put them all on the GTN instead of wearing them :)

My comp? Gets elite comm gear (what else to use for). Once he's done, I probably send some to 55 alts I rarely play with (leveling is more fun, so really only 1 endgame guy).

I got one of those Bastila and Malgus statues LONG ago, when they worked as Spider said (so I figured it was a one-time purchase for all guys). Of course then they introduced collections, and made them bound on use, so I had to pay CC to use it on other characters. So I decided to sell them off instead (before I figured prices plummeted due to their lesser use). Probably should have kept them, worth a lot more now. But of course then I wouldn't have had those 700k back then.

I can't bother with PVP either, but really looking forward to GS. Was expecting to drop in in januray (pref. players) but of course being sub with that promotion now allows me to start tomorrow with all the action.

Also talking about Operations, my guild yesterday, after dying countless times, defeated the Dread Masters in Dread Palace SM. Now I've done all operations! Not at their hardest, but we probably never get there anyway (guild is rather casual, and I like that).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

i played it for a bit... but i did not like the fact that lv50 armors had limited design options. up to lv49, i had a really cool armor for my bounty hunter that i kept upgraded. unfortunatelly the lv50 armor mods would not provide all the bonuses if taken out of their original armor so i had to change to a lame looking one. 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I finally got the game to run again and gave Oricon a whirl

It seems to be tuned a little high compared to how easy the rest of the game is and the storyline is really short but overall I like it

My favorite flashpoint is Black Talon but I haven't done at least half of the FPs and I've never done a single Operation

Free games updated 3/4/21

Tomorrow's patchnotes;

A new Reputation has been added to the Galactic Reputation tab. T.H.O.R.N. (The Hyland Organization for Rakghoul Neutralization) is a GSI-affiliate dedicated to studyig and eradicating all traces of the Rakghoul plague from the galaxy. T.H.O.R.N. should be unnecessary as the Rakghoul outbreak was clearly eliminated from the Galaxy...

Well, looks like it's coming back. Which is nice, since never had the opportunity to play it.

Also, SPACE tomorrow... can't wait till school is over to get into the fray.

i played it for a bit... but i did not like the fact that lv50 armors had limited design options. up to lv49, i had a really cool armor for my bounty hunter that i kept upgraded. unfortunatelly the lv50 armor mods would not provide all the bonuses if taken out of their original armor so i had to change to a lame looking one.

When did you play? Since that should have been changed looooooong ago.

^

I'm fairly sure they've changed that, so the stuff you buy with classic coms has the set bonus follow the mods, not the shells (so you can rip out the mods and put in your favourite moddable armour).

Set bonus only seem to be for the level 50 (classic) stuff though, not the higher level (basic, elite and ultimate) gear.

Yeah, update is today isn't it? That means another day ripped out of our subscription and servers unavailable all day. Did the math once, as APAC customers we do get cheated out of 10% of our subscription by an average 3 days unavailable per month (two fortnightly updates and the mandatory emergency hotfix after at least one of them).

Set bonus only seem to be for the level 50 (classic) stuff though, not the higher level (basic, elite and ultimate) gear.

The operations dropped tiers (Arkanian, underworld, kell dragon and dread forged(?) have the set bonusses, the comm gears don't.

Was the same way pre-2.0 too.

^

Ah, as mentioned, yet to try the operations thing :)

Does the set bonus follow the armour or the mods for those?

Completely tangential, but getting the hang of playing with head set, trying out RaidCall. Sure makes for some faster reaction times just in the few flashpoints and encounters I've tried with it.

Edit: Do operations drop any decent tank gear? There sure are some gaps (bizarre stat combos) at the com vendors.

Gorth, yeah tank gear you get from comms uniformly sucks. I think offhand and earpiece are the only two pieces worth getting.

Ops gear is much better, but optimizing a tank is work.

And yes, they have changed it so set bonuses are locked to armorings these days. So you can look however you want and not lose out.

I just gave the Starfighter a-whirl. Took a few missions before picking up the knack for the controls. Definitely need to be careful of mouse movement and not scroll too far.

This one is going to be murder against a ready-made team with voice-chat capabilities. Although I can imagine a group of friends doing the "Red 5, have a bandit on my tail!" could be quite damn fun.

Definitely have to adjust your playstyles depending on the type of ship you're flying as well.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."