Fan Art Collecting Tank

That ROUS is getting BLASTED! :)

He's supposed to be getting 'Ray of Fire'-d :p

(Blast is what wizards add to their wand damage in PoE ;) )

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Don't worry - I'll stop eventually ... when I run out of ideas :p

(got a holiday coming up soon - but will be away from my PC - so once on hols, there'll be no more 'art' from me for a few weeks)

In the meantime, here's a quick Ranger+Animal companion piece I whipped up (as with the others, it's a WIP

..."Why don't you finish something before moving onto the next one?" I hear you cry don't care - "It's called impatience artistic freedom" I reply "with a splash of "I do what my muse says" and a hint of "I'll finish them once I know more of the lore")

...*ahem*

anyhoo - this one's called "Flanked" or "Flanking" depending on whether you sympathise with the soon-to-be-doomed duo of bandits or the lovely ranger and her nice puma.

(Planning another one from the ranger's perspective, but later - got a druid one cooking at the mo')

post-54186-0-21495300-1396258663_thumb.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Just realised I may well be considered to be spamming this thread.

If mods/devs dislike my posting again and again in the same thread, just let me know :)

Note to self: Just because something looks black on the monitor, doesn't mean it is fully black.  And charcoal grey, when used as a background layer, washes out colours by denying contrast.   Need to redo the ranger one with better colours.

Meantime - here's a new Druid one - yeah, that's supposed to be Firebrand plus some kind of leaf-swirling spell ;)

post-54186-0-41037400-1396268383_thumb.jpg

Meantime - here's a new Druid one - yeah, that's supposed to be Firebrand plus some kind of leaf-swirling spell ;)

They look like a bit like holly leaves... OUCH!

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I'm apparently really good at time management - I have no free time but manage to put these together :biggrin:

Mayhaps if I had more free time, I'd be able to polish some to my satisfaction.  But then, no point doing that until I know enough about the lore.

Couple more pics - 2 variations of a Ranger portrait (don't know what animal-companions are available so sticking with the puma for now - perhaps the animal companions could have a portait of their own?  Or maybe I'll do some animal-overlays for other portraits - but it is hard to fit them both in at this resolution (which is double the in-game resolution).

Other pic - can't decide if he's a fighter or a rogue.  On the one hand, dealing with multiple opponents is the fighter's niche, but jumping around the battlefield is the rogue's ...

post-54186-0-71379800-1396772351_thumb.jpg

post-54186-0-76788600-1396772362_thumb.jpg

post-54186-0-01221200-1396772371_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Fan Art Collecting Tank -> Fart Collecting Tank ->Green Home Heating

You realise I may now have to do a render of the wizard 'casting' a choking gas spell from his rear? :nuke::x

Ok, last one before my holiday (I'll still be posting in the forum on occasion, just no pics).

These are a couple more portrait ideas.  Quite happy with the druid one (maybe need to work on the hair a little) but the rogue one needs a bit more to it, too plain at the mo.

As always, if anyone has any comments/suggestions for improvement, I'm happy to accept criticism :)

post-54186-0-97266000-1396951286_thumb.jpg

post-54186-0-51818500-1396951288_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

^ The hooded fella looks so like a Children of the Cathedral member from Fallout 1.

Now that you mention it - he really does :lol:  totally unintentional/possibly-subconscious ;)

Your work inspires me to actually get to work on something, so that I may one day soon post a lame pencil-only drawing in here that pales in comparison to your lovely, 3D-rendering-based portraits. 8P

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Your work inspires me to actually get to work on something, so that I may one day soon post a lame pencil-only drawing in here that pales in comparison to your lovely, 3D-rendering-based portraits. 8P

Join the party :yes:

(you should see my early work ;)  It's only been through posting on 3d-art forums and such that I've gotten advice and improved.  Nowadays I only make something when inspired - I guess PoE is inspiring :dancing: )

Edit: and a 'like' from Kaz, thank you sir :)

Yours is some of the aformentioned inspiring work 8)

Edited by Silent Winter

Join the party :yes:

(you should see my early work ;)  It's only been through posting on 3d-art forums and such that I've gotten advice and improved.  Nowadays I only make something when inspired - I guess PoE is inspiring :dancing: )

I'm trying. I kinda fell of the grid of drawing, and now I'm SO rusty at it, it's not even funny. Also, the only thing I ever "mastered" was the pencil. 8P I'm trying to do some kind of weapon sketch, right now. Since I figure I'm more likely to actually complete something like that than a whole person, until I get back into the swing of things. I think my new printer has a decent scanner, actually, so I'll post it when I'm done. :)

'weapon' 'swing' - I see what you did there ;)

• Like 1

'weapon' 'swing' - I see what you did there ;)

I actually didn't even realize I did that until you pointed it out, haha. It was unintentional, but now I wish it had been intentional, :)

Also, don't know how I missed this one, but I seem to be having difficulty drawing my weapon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As Silent Winter suggested I'm posting here link to the other thread where is my fan art composition, the theme for Twin Elms city. Enjoy listening, cheers! :)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66060-update-76-music-in-pillars-of-eternity/?p=1441723

Pillars of Eternity Twin Elms and Celestial Sapling and Torment: Tides of Numenera Crystalline DimensionBefore the fall and Bloom original fan art music.

• 2 months later...

I've made another fan art music, this time it is theme for The Celestial Sapling inn.

Here is a link to the original post:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65829-update-74-the-mob-rulers-wizards-and-druids-and-our-partnership-with-paradox/?p=1463432

Enjoy! :) Feedback appreacited.

• Like 1

Pillars of Eternity Twin Elms and Celestial Sapling and Torment: Tides of Numenera Crystalline DimensionBefore the fall and Bloom original fan art music.

Nice work, ashtonw!

I've been trying to do some basic drawing exercises lately, because it's been so long since I've actually drawn anything that I'm stupidly rusty. Seeing other people's stuff really gives me motivation to actually produce something, myself. :)

Of course, it'll just be boring graphite, because I'm lame. :)

^graphites aren't boring - they're atmospheric ;)

• 1 month later...

^On page 2 of this thread I mentioned the latest info we have:

"PoE in-game portraits for character screen will be 210x330 - (smaller one for the HUD)"

Based on a post by Josh a while back.  No final info on the HUD ones.

Maybe those playing the beta can give a better idea of the resolution for the character-screen and HUD ones.

Edit: Got the news, thanks to InsaneCommander:

The HUD portraits are 76 x 96 pixels.

Edited by Silent Winter

• 7 months later...

Resurrecting this thread - we've got one for custom portraits but this can still be for general fan-art.
I've done a little more work on this 'Relaxing at the Tavern' one

(Not done the postwork on this yet for a painterly look, but I like the 3D style too so...

post-54186-0-42711400-1427178207_thumb.jpg