Fan Art Collecting Tank

Hey guys!

I couldn't find a thread about PE fanart, and so I thought I'd create it. Maybe as some kind of "collecting tank" for all things fan art, be it drawn, played, painted, written. :) This way, no fan-piece is suddenly damned to the higher-numbered sites... 

The only fan-art thing I can remember is this guy who made a few "excitement" songs and also this thread - a digital painting of Cadegund.

My contribution is a short atmosphere song, think of it as a song after a long day of fighting, maybe losing a friend - but camaraderie and fellowship warms you :) (sorry for the not-so-great quality, I don't have any recording equipment, so I recorded it with a Guitar Hero microphone...  :dancing: Also, I'm not the best musician, but maybe you can appreciate it anyway)

And now let's see your art!

(I will update the title post, as more is posted so nobody gets left out or overseen :) )

Edited by SophosTheWise
  • Like 1

Elan_song.gif

I was thinking about starting a thread like this ... just as soon as I got around to actually making some pics (I've a few ideas but not enough free time).

I'll take this as a push call to action :dragon:

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

and also this thread - a digital painting of Cadegund.

I don't see squat... is it just my browser? :(

I used to draw stuff, but it's been quite a long time since I did it. Maybe in some future. I'll try not to make Project Eternity memes instead :p

EDIT: Ha, found it on authors deviantart page (one angry woman):

http://staplesart.deviantart.com/art/Cadegund-from-Project-Eternity-337192183

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

and also this thread - a digital painting of Cadegund.

I don't see squat... is it just my browser? :(

I used to draw stuff, but it's been quite a long time since I did it. Maybe in some future. I'll try not to make Project Eternity memes instead :p

EDIT: Ha, found it on authors deviantart page (one angry woman):

http://staplesart.deviantart.com/art/Cadegund-from-Project-Eternity-337192183

The pic on p.1 didn't show up for me but on p.4 there's another version (same as the one on the deviantart page you sleuthed)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I did a fanart item piece some time back:

http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/2013/03/designing-wailing-sword.html

Ahoj ;)

Not only did you make a nice looking sword but added some lore to it. Nice job, although something made out of obsidian (huh, what are the odds?) should be more black.

Quite right. Did some research and it could be brown, dark gray, black, sometimes olive, orange, red, gold, blue... The color depends on the presence of hematite pigment or needle microcrystals, or the presence of some certain minerals like quartz. Uhh, okay, I better stop right there, or wikipedia will have some major competition.

Anyhow, hearty congratulations, serdeczne gratulacje, srdečné blahopřání, and stuff like that.

*cough* Carry on.

Nice job, although something made out of obsidian (huh, what are the odds?) should be more black.

CLEARLY racist (why's the obsidian gotta be black?!) u_u...

Interestingly, there are different kinds of obsidian. Some glint more towards brown, others are toned more in blues, or muted greens. I chose this colour to contrast nicely with the copper metalwork. :)

See... Merlkir doesn't see color. He just sees obsidian. A beacon of tolerance, he is.

8)

Seriously, though... amazing work, Merlkir! Even if I could somehow match that quality, my inability to really master (er... in my case, amateurize?) anything beyond the mechanical pencil will cause whatever I produce to pale in comparison.

*cracks knuckles*... I'm going for it. But, my artwork takes as many minutes as my posts do words. 8P

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Lo and behold, the epic awesomeness of my superior fan-art picture attached to this message.

Note:

1. in terms of drawing I'm used to get along well with a pencil and paper, not software...
  2. ...thus the aforementioned picture is for the lulz;
  3. yes, of course I know Giant in the Playground (OOTS).

post-52304-0-66328700-1382706230_thumb.png

• Like 2

Lo and behold, the epic awesomeness of my superior fan-art picture attached to this message.

LOL

+10 internets for design and scripting

-1 for aesthetic-realism (I can't draw with software either...or pen+paper)(I use 3D stuff so it takes away the need for a steady hand)

so a 9 overall ;)

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 1

Can someone educate me as to how to attach something here?
'Images' only allows for a URL and 'My Media' offers to include an attachment uploaded elsewhere but I can't find where.

'Manage my attachments' in Profile just tells me I've used 0% of 30MB but no option to upload.

(Maybe I just need more caffeine)

Edited by Silent Winter

edit: double post

Edited by Silent Winter

Can someone educate me as to how to attach something here?

'Images' only allows for a URL and 'My Media' offers to include an attachment uploaded elsewhere but I can't find where.

'Manage my attachments' in Profile just tells me I've used 0% of 30MB but no option to upload.

(Maybe I just need more caffeine)

Simply click the "more reply options" button, which will bring you to a reply page with "attach stuff".

• Like 2

Simply click the "more reply options" button, which will bring you to a reply page with "attach stuff".

Ah, that simple  :facepalm:  - thanks :)

Ok, here's a WIP pic of an Orlan Wizard (I know, but I'm too impatient to wait until it's actually finished ;) )

Things I'm not happy with yet:
1) The background - might change it completely

2) The 2-tone skin isn't showing up well (it looks better in closeup, but from this distance and under this lighting, it doesn't)

3) There needs to be something else in the scene to suggest scale (right now it's not obvious that he's short)

4) Edit: - and I've just realised I haven't given him hairy ears  :facepalm:  - that's easy enough to fix for the final version

2 versions of same pic - 2nd one is supposed to have a painted style but on my work monitor it just looks blurry.

Anyhoo - any comments/suggestions?

Also working on an Amauna (do-doo-do-do-do) pic but that's harder as I've no reference for skin colour/patterns - only 2 official WIP pics that I've seen and neither has colour - started with a blue, fish vibe but still working on it.

post-54186-0-69653400-1383123732_thumb.jpg

post-54186-0-25364800-1383123775_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think he looks a bit too much like an elf. I picture Orlans - at least from what we've seen - to be a bit more brawny and also with even longer ears and maybe a different hairstyle. I like the second picture more. Looks more natural to me :) But awesome job!

Elan_song.gif

I think he looks a bit too much like an elf. I picture Orlans - at least from what we've seen - to be a bit more brawny and also with even longer ears and maybe a different hairstyle. I like the second picture more. Looks more natural to me :) But awesome job!

Good point about the brawny - I'll work on the proportions more.  Ears could be a bit longer - I also need to add the hair.

Thanks for the input :)

[i recently had my power-supply unit go bad so I've had to wait for a new one to get back to work on things - busy busy too but I'll find some time to work on this]

Cadegund seems to be the most popular NPC:

http://meibatsu.deviantart.com/art/Cadegund-341304847

Girls'n'Guns - always popular ;) lol (though personally, I 'd like to know more about the dwarven ranger)

That's a nice pic

• 4 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread.

Haven't done any more work on my last pic - Orlan ears giving me trouble :lol:

But following an idea in another thread, I was inspired to throw a couple of portraits together.  (Both WIPs)

Aumaua one was done through 3D render followed by postwork.  Not sure if the yellow markings on the official Aumaua portrait ( http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/updates/0074/pe-backer-portrait-combined.jpg ) are natural skin or some kind of tattoo/body-paint.  If necessary, will add those later.

Human one was done from a photo (head) combined with 3D render (body+background) then postwork.

Since I can't draw/paint, the postwork involves painterly filters and combining layers ;)

(Check out FotoSketcher for some free filter fun.  Takes a bit of tweaking but has some reasonable results - still better if you can paint yourself but not bad if you can't).  Then into GIMP for layering fun and touching up problems).

Both are 420x660 (PoE in-game portraits for character screen will be 210x330 - (smaller one for the HUD) - so these should shrink down nicely enough)

Edit: One thing I've just noticed - if I reduce my portraits to the 210x330 size, they lose a fair bit of detail - if I reduce the examples given in the recent update thread, they still seem to have all the right details ... conclusion? Kaz is a genius :bow:

post-54186-0-81971100-1395655555_thumb.jpg

post-54186-0-24475000-1395655560_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silent Winter

Looks like my head's a bit small in that last portrait, will fix it later.

Doodling this morning, moved the Orlan wizard to defend the keep.

Not got a lot of info on potential beasties to fight, but surely there'll be some Rodents Of Unusual Size...

Still a WIP, still not happy with the ears, needs some lighting work.  Better overall though, I think.

post-54186-0-88006600-1395983402_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Note:

1. in terms of drawing I'm used to get along well with a pencil and paper, not software...
  2. ...thus the aforementioned picture is for the lulz;
  3. yes, of course I know Giant in the Playground (OOTS).

I made Roy in DA2 once. It went well.

• Like 1

Looks like my head's a bit small in that last portrait, will fix it later.

Doodling this morning, moved the Orlan wizard to defend the keep.

Not got a lot of info on potential beasties to fight, but surely there'll be some Rodents Of Unusual Size...

Still a WIP, still not happy with the ears, needs some lighting work.  Better overall though, I think.

That ROUS is getting BLASTED! :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u