Anime... for adults or kids?

Cultist

To be honest, I thought that The Batman was a worse version of the 90s Batman. Batman the Brave and the Bold is probably the most entertaining toon I have ever watched.

But the Batman gave us Rastafarian Joker, you can't beat that or the Dracula episode; It's like the "Batman and Robin" of animation.

I didn't like Jokers hair until I saw a model sheet with notes showing it was designed to look like a jokers cap. Also, Greg Weisman's involvement with the show made me stick with it. Season 1 was the weakest, but it kept getting better.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ironically, my favourite anime isn't even japanese. The Last Airbender was awesome. Korra is pretty neat too, though the latest season suffers from far worse animation than anything that came before.

If it's not Japanese would it still be called anime?

Free games updated 3/4/21

Ironically, my favourite anime isn't even japanese. The Last Airbender was awesome. Korra is pretty neat too, though the latest season suffers from far worse animation than anything that came before.

You could argue anime is a style rather than just a regional term. Most anime has common features. Most are serialised, with a planned arc where the show ends. Most have a very similar art style that is instantly recognizably "anime" Western animation is usually episodic, with no planned ending so it can keep going if popular, snd has a wide variety of art styles.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Anime is the word for animation; technically it does not refer to specifically Japanese Animation anymore than Manga would refer only to Japanese comic books.

US (or possible English speaking) animation fans adopted the use of Anime in English to refer to Japanese Animation so they could distinguish it from non-Japanese Animation.  As I recall from being somewhat cognizant of the fandom at the time this derrived from two points, the first was that the then-in-use term, Japanimation was seen as derogatory by Japanese animators (who viewed the word as being "Jap Animation" instead of a combination of Japan + Animation) and the second because fandom at the time insisted that they have a different term than just "animation" so that people didn't think they watched Disney cartoons (or Filmation, or Hana-Barbera or any of the non-Japanese animation companies that they saw as "kiddie" as opposed to the "adult" stuff they watched).

But how they use it doesn't effect what it actually means.

Also, since I'm here, I didn't really like The Batman and was more annoyed Legion of Super-Heroes got cancelled when KidsWB! was ditched.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I honestly don't care. The Last Airbender essentially waddles and quacks like a duck, so as far as I'm concerned, it's a duck. Get my meaning? I don't care for how or why someone would explain it is or isn't anime.

If you consider Anime from creative perspective then Anime... for people who can't draw. All Anime Founder father's are non professional artists, they have great imagination but low artistic skills. They just draw what they want, as  childs do it. This is curious how professional artists today  just copypaste these childish drawings as Anime "style".

If you consider Anime from creative perspective then Anime... for people who can't draw. All Anime Founder father's are non professional artists, they have great imagination but low artistic skills. They just draw what they want, as  childs do it. This is curious how professional artists today  just copypaste these childish drawings as Anime "style".

As with all art styles, there's variations in quality level. Some anime can be quite outstanding; others, not so much. The same is true of American animation.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."