UK Muslims targeted for speaking out about terror

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24582781

British Muslims who speak out against extremism are being warned that they could be targeted by members of the Somali militant group al-Shabab.

British Muslim commentator Mohammed Ansar said he was currently under police protection because of what he was told was a "credible threat".

Thought it was worth highlighting since some of you chaps keep demanding Muslims speak out.

I wonder how many of you would speak out publicly if you knew you'd spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder.

I wonder if I would.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

@ Walsingham: Isn't that what they want? For everyone to be looking over their shoulder, living in fear? It's an important step to take and I applaud the man for denouncing terrorists. He's safer doing it in Britain than he is in the middle east.

Edited by licketysplit

@ Walsingham: Isn't that what they want? For everyone to be looking over their shoulder, living in fear? It's an important step to take and I applaud the man for denouncing terrorists. He's safer doing it in Britain than he is in the middle east.

Maybe because so many of our homegrown jifs are peddling about other countries shooting or blowing Muslims up.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, it certainly used to. Now I think they just don't know what they'd do with them all if they arrested them.

-Elwood Blues

I hear deportation works wonders. The poor dears may be mistreated in their own countries though.

I don't think one can describe second generation or third generation Englishers of being capable of deportation to anyone other than England. Although now I think of it, I suppose we could legally just send them to the Orkneys. They can try causing trouble up there.

-Elwood Blues

But aren't a lot of the radicals preachers actually non-citizens? For citizens there's always sending money to terrorist groups and conspiracy, or whatever the British equivalent is.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Deportation costs more than keeping them, thanks to the European human rights laws, and the possibility of mistreatment in their home countries. For a long time it was argued that keeping them in "Londonistan" was a good way of controlling and monitoring radicals, in actuality it just served to alienate the indigenous population and spread fanaticalism. A rather unintelligent move by the intelligence community.

That and most of the offenders of recent atrocities were not from London but the slums of various midlands ex industrial towns.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I fully think there should be some type of citizenship test for immigration. With questions like "Is it OK to beat your wife?", "Can religion justify killing someone?" and so on. Of course it would be easy to cheat on if you knew anything about sensible morality is about, but immigrants would get a sense of what their new country will require out of them. I think any immigrant convicted of serious crimes should be immediately deported. What is the worst that could happen; they are just getting a free one-way trip to their home country. On the other hand I am very positive to immigration largely speaking, I just don't want the people who don't agree with the foundations of our legal society.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Well, it certainly used to. Now I think they just don't know what they'd do with them all if they arrested them.

Have you thought about sending them to Ireland? They can trade tips with IRA until they both blow themselves up due to religious differences, what with them being Muslim and the Irish being drunk.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I fully think there should be some type of citizenship test for immigration. With questions like "Is it OK to beat your wife?", "Can religion justify killing someone?" and so on. Of course it would be easy to cheat on if you knew anything about sensible morality is about, but immigrants would get a sense of what their new country will require out of them. I think any immigrant convicted of serious crimes should be immediately deported. What is the worst that could happen; they are just getting a free one-way trip to their home country. On the other hand I am very positive to immigration largely speaking, I just don't want the people who don't agree with the foundations of our legal society.

Agreed. What muslims have done in Europe is burrowed in and tried to enforce their own sick codes of justice, while enjoying the freedom of a democratic society. It's hard to find a greater example of hypocrisy. If they don't like the law of the land in Europe, they can go back home.

Are you funting asleep?

These radicals <sic> are not immigrants. They are the sons and grandsons of immigrants.

Frequently the parents are quite nice, hard working people.

Consequently, none of your countermeasures apply.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

The clerics who radicalize them are the ones who need to go.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

And how is that compatible with free speech?

(open question)

-Elwood Blues

(open question)

There is a major difference and one in the UK the authorities distinguish on. You can have free speech but you can't have hate speech or encourage people to turn against the UK government . For example Abu Qatada was deported for crimes in Jordan and hate speech in the UK

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Are you funting asleep?

These radicals <sic> are not immigrants. They are the sons and grandsons of immigrants.

Positive reenforcement. Provide free rides and instant revomal of passports upon arrival to destination. Everyone wins.

"Tired of living with a bunch kuffars in a country that celebrates christmas instead of ramadan? Is the law of the land not Sharia enough for you? If so, apply now for the royal repartriation programme; offering one way rides to your muslim country of choice.

Seek your spritual origins. Gain new closeness to your muslim peers. Choose the Royal Repartriation Programme."

I suggest campaigning very vigorously in prisons, youth centers, and around places for religious celebration. For the real radicals that want to stay and turn the whole of Britain into a islam nation, you can always arrest them for being racists by proxy (hatecrime). Meaning that since they want to turn Britain into an Islam state, they are against multi-culture and that makes them in the eyes of law: racists.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Are you funting asleep?

Positive reenforcement. Provide free rides and instant revomal of passports upon arrival to destination. Everyone wins.

"Tired of living with a bunch kuffars in a country that celebrates christmas instead of ramadan? Is the law of the land not Sharia enough for you? If so, apply now for the royal repartriation programme; offering one way rides to your muslim country of choice.

Seek your spritual origins. Gain new closeness to your muslim peers. Choose the Royal Repartriation Programme."

I suggest campaigning very vigorously in prisons, youth centers, and around places for religious celebration. For the real radicals that want to stay and turn the whole of Britain into a islam nation, you can always arrest them for being racists by proxy (hatecrime). Meaning that since they want to turn Britain into an Islam state, they are against multi-culture and that makes them in the eyes of law: racists.

What I always find interesting is the very small number of people who choose to leave Western countries and immigrate back to more conservative Muslim countries

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

(open question)

Most courts agree that freedom of speech only extends so far as when it harms living beings, or the government. Thus the old shouting fire in a theater metaphor.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'd favour a voluntary expatriation program. For anyone and everyone.

"Think England is just crap? Fed up of living here in the same dingy flat? HM Queen Elizabeth II will pay you a cash sum of $100,000 to rescind UK citizenship and f*** off, unto the nth generation."

Cheaper than funding most malcontents to stay in the UK, considering benefits and the damage done by crime. We'd start a new diaspora of cretins. It'd be like that bit when turtles spawn and their young head out to sea.

-Elwood Blues

In essence I do believe a lot of this was our own fault, we had mass migration and had seemingly no limits upon it and more importanatly no infrastructure to absorb it. Migrants barely speaking English were dropped off in grim northern towns, allready hard pressed by economic downturn, and with local populations who barely travelled and were not particularly friendly to each other never mind complete strangers from half a world away. Thus began the formation of ghettos and slums where unemployment and crime ran extremely high, and there was no integration.

A seemingly perfect breeding ground for radicalisation. I'm not trying to make excuses for the young men and women who choose to commit atrocities in the name of their non existent god, merely saying that we set up a perfect breeding ground for such behaviour, and now unfortunately we're stuck with it. One would agree however that the brave Muslim men and women who speak put against fundamentalism are the future hopefully, otherwise old Mr Powell may have been right, which nobody in their right mind wants.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Last I heard, it was UK muslims who held signs saying "BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT ISLAM," so it's not really a surprise. I already heard this on the BBCWS, what was funny was the Imam speaking out managed to make Islam look bad (in the Western view,) at the same time, comparing people who get piercings and/or tattoos to criminals who've made "the wrong choice" in life.

Edited by AGX-17

Are you funting asleep?

Of course some of them are immigrants. A moot point though, as the poisonous ideology is the issue. I thought the Tsarnaev brother illustrated that perfectly.

Edited by licketysplit
  • Like 1

Last I heard, it was UK muslims who held signs saying "BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT ISLAM," so it's not really a surprise. I already heard this on the BBCWS, what was funny was the Imam speaking out managed to make Islam look bad (in the Western view,) at the same time, comparing people who get piercings and/or tattoos to criminals who've made "the wrong choice" in life.

It's not the UK. It's everywhere. And then you get these ridiculous excuses like, "I did not know what beheading was". And children are encouraged to hold signs like these while their mothers think it's cute and take photos.