Attak on Titan game - FOR HUMANITY!

TrashMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV2OAgm-IOw

This free indie game is fun, fun, FUN!

But brutal.

You will die. A LOT! In grousome ways.

LINK TO GAME:

fenglee.com/game/aog

TIP: Change cammera mode with C immediately. The default mode sucks.
Also use Q and E 99% of the time. The hooks go for where you are targeting and is much more precise. Space is for when you want to catapult yourself in the air or are in a street between buildings.

Edited by TrashMan

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Are you guys saying that the games is ridicolously difficult and poses an insane difficulty level?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The game is:

• Very Hard even on normal difficulty
  • Has steep learning curve 
  • Unique approach to combat
  • Satisfying kills 
  • Fun coop mode 

On the development side its being: 

• continuously patched and improved over the past six months
  • addition of new maps
  • New characters to play
  • Better enemy AIs
  • Additional difficulty modes
  • Better graphics
  • More balanced controls 

All is done by an indie developer. Its quite an achievement. And the biggest plus?

The game is free to play as long as you have internet connection.

What's wrong with the game itself?

Personally, I hope further improvements can be made by making the buildings and trees destructible by the titans. The game will get more intense with fewer covers available as time goes on in the gameplay.

Postscript: I forgot to mention that while I don't require awesum graphiks, watching that video when one knows nothing about the game or the anime is admittedly a little odd. Giants with apparently no clothes as enemies. Odd yet also strangely funny.  Are they supposed to be that way or is that because they haven't decided what to make them look like yet, really, so they're kinda placeholders?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The game is made with a super deformed style in mind, hence the "cuteness" in the character design. 

Yes, the titans are supposed to be naked. Here is the example from the source material:

aot-sketch.jpg

Perhaps its due to the low graphical and polygon quality that makes the titans look very odd indeed.

Edited by Zoma

It's their kinda rounded, pinata doll style that makes it "cutely/oddly" funny, I think. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On the side note, there's a DS game for it coming out. I have strong reservations about it though.

Personal gripes:

• I wish the game takes place on the perspective of original recruits than the characters from the anime.
  • Web slinging gameplay looks kind of lazy compared to the indie game (Grappling hooks being shot at the sky instead of the buildings)
  • Graphical quality and animation isn't that good for a published game.
  • Why no Vita version? :/

However.

• Some high-speed action moves looks awesome and intense.
  • Game could be equally brutal. From what it was shown, it seemed to be a one-hit kill gameplay.
  • Playable Coop.

The game is made with a super deformed style in mind, hence the "cuteness" in the character design. 

Yes, the titans are supposed to be naked. Here is the example from the source material:

aot-sketch.jpg

Perhaps its due to the low graphical and polygon quality that makes the titans look very odd indeed.

Source material pic gave me the shivers.

Split a lot of irrelevant and pointless posts off into a thread of their own in the Way off Topic section.

If people have anything sensible to add to the other discussion, by all means continue Anime for adults or kids? If not, then it's in a nice and easily closed thread.

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein