What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

Hopping back into Shogun 2, having not picked up Rome 2 due to lack of interest in that theater and time period as compared to the Sengoku Jidai and the Napoleonic Wars (though from what my friends have told me of Rome 2, Shogun 2 remains CA's high watermark by quite a margin). Playing with the Radious mod as the Uesugi, tear-assing around northern Honshu with my corps of Sohei and Warrior Nuns before lining up the pieces for unseating the Ashikaga Shogunate.

That said, I do find the RNG of Shogun 2 to be quite infuriating at times, particularly in regards to retainers as I'm trying to kit-out Uesugi Kenshin with the ones that I feel befitting for the greatest Daimyo of Sengoku-era Japan.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

That's already more than I clocked up, heh.

Been playing next to nothing myself. A bit of the Football Manager 2014 demo - and by "a bit" I mean I chose the "start unemployed" option and during the demo's half-season duration, no one offered me a job.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Only if you're fired at the end of the season by Chelsea.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ugh, thanks a lot, Best Buy online.  I ordered Batman Arkham Origins from their online store because theirs said it was in stock, while Walmart's was currently out of stock.  I go to my order status and see that the shipment has been delayed because the item is "out of stock".

Update your item's status on their product pages, you dolts.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Memoria.

WHO IS CUTTING ONIONS IN HERE?!

That is on my wishlist...

It's my 2013 game of the year pick so far. If you're into adventure games, I can't recommend it enough.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Memoria.

WHO IS CUTTING ONIONS IN HERE?!

That is on my wishlist...

It's my 2013 game of the year pick so far. If you're into adventure games, I can't recommend it enough.

I still havea  huge backlog when it comes to adventure games. Never finished Ceville and also playing the Book of Unwritten Tales.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Playing Dishonered.

Can't say I like it... (so far)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I looked up Memoria since Tale said it was tear inducing. 

Definitely looks like a game I would enjoy. Will definitely purchase, but not at the moment since I'm finishing up Arkham Origins (I had a blast) and next up is The Last of Us. 

I stopped purchasing games until I know I will play them next. Keeps my backlog of games manageable. With the new Broken Sword game coming out and Deponia next on my list, I might just go on a adventure game binge after The Last of Us. 

• Like 1

Definitely looks like a game I would enjoy. Will definitely purchase, but not at the moment since I'm finishing up Arkham Origins (I had a blast) and next up is The Last of Us. 

I stopped purchasing games until I know I will play them next. Keeps my backlog of games manageable. With the new Broken Sword game coming out and Deponia next on my list, I might just go on a adventure game binge after The Last of Us. 

do-it.gif

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You might want to be aware that Memoria is a sequel to Chains of Satinav. Chains of Satinav was good, but not great. I'd pretty much forgotten how it ended by the time I started Memoria and I only played Chains less than a year ago.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How is Battlefield 4's campaign and how long does it last roughly?

Think it took me about 6 hours on hard, give or take an hour.  It's a fun playthrough, but it's basically a blockbuster action film, so don't look too closely at the plot, it's mostly about explosions.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

How is Battlefield 4's campaign and how long does it last roughly?

Think it took me about 6 hours on hard, give or take an hour.  It's a fun playthrough, but it's basically a blockbuster action film, so don't look too closely at the plot, it's mostly about explosions.

I love explosions! Thanks for the feedback.

Any tried State of Decay?

I only tried the Xbox 360 demo, but it was.. interesting. I would love to play more, but didn't feel it was worth getting it on a console, with the framerates so low and resolution so lacking.

I will buy it on PC as soon as it gets keyboard and mouse controls.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So I got to play a bit of Assassin's Creed (2, I think, it was all Italian and stuff) at a buddy's house.  I came to the realization that I have been looking at the game in the wrong way.  Sure, it's a game about stabbing people, but you also get to do a lot of jumping on rooftops.  I freakin' love jumping on rooftops, hence my love of Mirror's Edge.  Jumping on rooftops is my jam!  I have spent dozens upon dozens of hours in Elder Scrolls game jumping on rooftops (Oblivion was the best in that regard), and those weren't even games specifically built around jumping on rooftops.  Now I want to get an Assassin's Creed game sometime in the future when they're uber cheap on a Steam sale or something so I can jump on rooftops in the comfort of my own home.  Sure, I'll probably have to stab a few people along the way so that I can progress the story and open up new areas for me to jump on rooftops, it sucks, but hey, what can you do.  Still, as long as that leads me to many more rooftops to jump on, I'm willing to pay that price.  So, my question is this:  Completely disregarding combat and story (some Templar vs. Assassin bull**** from what I gather), which I don't care about one bit, which game in the series is the best from a purely jumping on rooftops point of view?

I think AC2 is actually the best for that, though Brotherhood and revelations are pretty decent too.

And this is indeed the most fun part of AC. Zero Punctuation called it "Faffing about creed" in the review of the first game, and TBH, Istill think that is applicable for every sequel.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/16-Assassins-Creed

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

been playing arkham origins

the boss fights are the highlight here, and the cinematics are pretty good too.  The level design is a step down from the first two games but man it feels good being batman

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

nothing has topped the mr freeze fight yet

the two boss fights i've done so far were fun though, and really stuck out as highlights of the game thus far

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.