What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

Steam saves me from my conundrum earlier today by offering sleeping dogs for 5 bucks.

Now that's a deal!

Now to wait for the download to finish :p

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

that trailer was pretty awesome, now i want to play water kitty game

The difficulty ramps up quite a bit.

Just beat level 10 after quite a few tries. Felt good though. On to level 11. After that I'll be done with the Milk Mining operations at Creamy Cove and will proceed to the Mouldy Depths and then the Curdling Gulf.

Game seems to have 25 levels plus a continuous mode (Infinite Espresso) which I haven't tried yet.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

sleeping dogs was awesome.  the story missions have some weak links, but the kung fu combat is a blast

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Tracer's Tong mission always was integrated into the game... ???

Aaaanyway, having a lot of homework, so very limited gaming for me :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Tracer's Tong mission always was integrated into the game... ???

Aaaanyway, having a lot of homework, so very limited gaming for me :(

Ohhh, homework sounds fun. What about?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The boring subjects of course... otherwise it would be too good. Like management...

Going to play some Dragon Commander before having to work tomorrow... clicked 'continue', suddenly was turns back from what I recalled. Panic!

Fortunately just turned out it was due to daylight saving time, loading the game with the latest timestamp, which was later than my actually latests save from the hour rollback. Phfew. Well, off for a few turns while I should be sleeping XD

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Makes me want to finally play Raptor.

YzebqkV.jpg

Raptor? If so yes. You should go play it.

After beating Pokemon a couple weeks ago I've gotten back into Dark Souls again after I finally made my way out of Blighttown. That place can go die in a fire. I just finished clearing out the Painted World though I left Priscilla alive. I've ditched my longsword for a claymore. Pretty much the same move set, but more damage, greater range and higher chance of stunning an enemy for just a small loss of speed. More than worth it so far. I think I have enough titanite to put a few more levels into it as well.

• Like 1

I HATE YOU GOG

So I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut again. Kind of getting behind because I'm scripting my Shadowrun Returns campaign.

As for GOG, I'm already building up a lineup for once I'm done with it. Halloween sale reminded me that I need to play I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, which reminded me to look at Memoria. And I still have Metro: Last Light that I already started.

So I have the next four games planned out...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dragon Commander's RTS can become pretty ridicilous... Another pearl of a "heroic" victory.

I did get swarmed this time, my entire base destroyed. Bar 12 cruisers, and about 5 troopers on a distant island too remote for the AI apparently. Basically it was 98% them, 2% me.

But the AI can't really handle ship combat well... so I could use my 12 cruisers to murder all opponents, until they surrendered... and I won.

Seriously... this win is even lamer than the last I mentioned 0_o

^

Started playing some Silent Hunter 5... And failed horribly on the first mission. Guess that one will need a tad more time.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Assassin's Creed III is so hit and miss with me.  One minute I'm actually enjoying it, the next I'm just pushing myself to finish it because I have nothing else to play.  The missions in each sequence seem way too formulaic.

What's worse, it just seems like each sequence is dedicated to killing another person off the list.  I get that it's "assassin's creed", but it just seems way too repetitive and the sequences just flow into each other, since every character you kill seems no different than the previous.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I HATE YOU GOG

So I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut again. Kind of getting behind because I'm scripting my Shadowrun Returns campaign.

As for GOG, I'm already building up a lineup for once I'm done with it. Halloween sale reminded me that I need to play I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, which reminded me to look at Memoria. And I still have Metro: Last Light that I already started.

So I have the next four games planned out...

"I Have No Time And I Need to Play I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream"

The new game by GOG

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Dragon Commander's RTS can become pretty ridicilous... Another pearl of a "heroic" victory.

I did get swarmed this time, my entire base destroyed. Bar 12 cruisers, and about 5 troopers on a distant island too remote for the AI apparently. Basically it was 98% them, 2% me.

But the AI can't really handle ship combat well... so I could use my 12 cruisers to murder all opponents, until they surrendered... and I won.

Seriously... this win is even lamer than the last I mentioned 0_o

Lucky. I got swarmed by juggernauts in the early game. Couldn't move my troops out of the base and couldn't help them as the Juggernauts had Imp Fighter above them and upgraded Hunters on the beach to support them, that shot me down when I finally spawned.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Moar Aqua Kitty.

I'm addicted to the chiptune.

I needz a gif of those three kitties playing the keyboard.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Assassin's Creed III is so hit and miss with me. One minute I'm actually enjoying it, the next I'm just pushing myself to finish it because I have nothing else to play. The missions in each sequence seem way too formulaic.

What's worse, it just seems like each sequence is dedicated to killing another person off the list. I get that it's "assassin's creed", but it just seems way too repetitive and the sequences just flow into each other, since every character you kill seems no different than the previous.

Yep. I love the fact you wipe out all the people set up as the Templar "leaders" so early on. And the missions are always "go to place, new gameplay mechanic, move somewhere, assassinate!"

Playing black flag currently debating if they went overboard with the ship schtick or not. Basically instead of the wilderness with cities, you have a massive slice of the Caribbean. But it feels to far apart and a lot of time is spent slowly making your way across the seas. Also Edward Kenway feels like he's just an **** rather than an assassin (to be fair this is partly explained, but still it doesn't feel great to play as him)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Assassin's Creed III is so hit and miss with me.  One minute I'm actually enjoying it, the next I'm just pushing myself to finish it because I have nothing else to play.  The missions in each sequence seem way too formulaic.

What's worse, it just seems like each sequence is dedicated to killing another person off the list.  I get that it's "assassin's creed", but it just seems way too repetitive and the sequences just flow into each other, since every character you kill seems no different than the previous.

I'm going to pick up Liberation instead of III, and likely pick up IV down the road as well. I like pirate settings.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So... playing through AC IV and got the second major interval (when you get pulled out of the Animus)...

They're integrating watchdogs into AC, I kid you not.

ANd I think James Woods is one of the "real" characters.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yep. I love the fact you wipe out all the people set up as the Templar "leaders" so early on. And the missions are always "go to place, new gameplay mechanic, move somewhere, assassinate!"

Playing black flag currently debating if they went overboard with the ship schtick or not. Basically instead of the wilderness with cities, you have a massive slice of the Caribbean. But it feels to far apart and a lot of time is spent slowly making your way across the seas. Also Edward Kenway feels like he's just an **** rather than an assassin (to be fair this is partly explained, but still it doesn't feel great to play as him)

The sequence missions also aren't particularly long, they're just padded with fluff to make them appear longer.  For instance, it will take you a couple of minutes to ride on horse back across terrain with nothing to do other than literally following another dude.  No enemies, no actual "gameplay" elements other than pointing the horse in the direction the companion is heading.

I've found that so far too many of the main story missions are like this.  Relatively short, but padded in length due to the inclusion of "gameplay" that is nothing more than a couple of minutes of traveling.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Demonicon. In my naïvety I expected some happy ending but of course one is saddled with a Scylla and Charybdis choice followed by 10 second short video. Bah.

Still, along with Game of Thrones best RPG I played this year and in the end more enjoyable courtesy of Dark Eye setting. All in all a very good effort from fledgling German developer. Looking forward to their next Dark Eye game now.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Playing Dragon Commander reminds me how often games can give you a 'choice', then completely take the wrong conclusions of your choice, and roll with that.

Especially in the Catherine plot.

"Raise me, bastard"

"**** You"

"You womanhater"

"Eh... I don't hate woman, just you."

"You should totally fire half your generals and replace them with female generals. Combat-experience lacking, fresh newbie generals."

"Yeeeah, no. Don't you see we are in combat here. Firing half my squad seems like a rather bad thing to do."

"Woman hater, chauvenist!"

"No, I don't object to the woman part, just the 'fire half your army' part. But that had no reply option."

"I hate you forever, woman hater."

"Okay, totally unreasonable suggestion maker who then wraps my rejections to foolishness as a plot against woman."

Seriously, I often wonder 'what the hell' talking to her.

Also the political decisions have severly decreased in quality. In the past some agreed, some were against... made sense. For the past 7 or so suggestions however it has been 1 offers, ALL the others are against. Which makes it rather easy to get their influence by simply rejecting the single person. Since they mostly suggest stupid stuff anyway.

What's the point of the fractions system if you influence it to desire half-game...

• Like 1

^

Finished Demonicon. In my naïvety I expected some happy ending but of course one is saddled with a Scylla and Charybdis choice followed by 10 second short video. Bah.

Still, along with Game of Thrones best RPG I played this year and in the end more enjoyable courtesy of Dark Eye setting. All in all a very good effort from fledgling German developer. Looking forward to their next Dark Eye game now.

You just solidified its place on my Wishlist now. Wonder what it'll hit at Christmas.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing Dragon Commander reminds me how often games can give you a 'choice', then completely take the wrong conclusions of your choice, and roll with that.

Especially in the Catherine plot.

"Raise me, bastard"

"**** You"

"You womanhater"

"Eh... I don't hate woman, just you."

"You should totally fire half your generals and replace them with female generals. Combat-experience lacking, fresh newbie generals."

"Yeeeah, no. Don't you see we are in combat here. Firing half my squad seems like a rather bad thing to do."

"Woman hater, chauvenist!"

"No, I don't object to the woman part, just the 'fire half your army' part. But that had no reply option."

"I hate you forever, woman hater."

"Okay, totally unreasonable suggestion maker who then wraps my rejections to foolishness as a plot against woman."

Seriously, I often wonder 'what the hell' talking to her.

Also the political decisions have severly decreased in quality. In the past some agreed, some were against... made sense. For the past 7 or so suggestions however it has been 1 offers, ALL the others are against. Which makes it rather easy to get their influence by simply rejecting the single person. Since they mostly suggest stupid stuff anyway.

What's the point of the fractions system if you influence it to desire half-game...

Catherine's story can be annoying like that. You can't tell her off for her tone and still do the things she wants.

Political decissions... are we talking about Oberon? :)

Apparently once you get extremly cozy with one species, they will push their own agenda harder, and it becomes a choice of letting them have their way or restoring a bit of balance again (Prospera and her political ideas for example that are not shared by anybody else).

Don't know. I am cozy with the elves, but the ideas also come from other parties no-one agrees with.

I was 20% with Dwarves and undead, and because of those 7 last totally one-sided choices I am now 60%/50%, with the rest around 90%...

^