What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

Okay, Assassin's Creed III has picked up a bit now that I'm officially an assassin.  It still seems a lot more devoid of things to do than the previous versions.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Batman Arkham Origins. 

So far I like it a lot. I think I'm about halfway through the story and it's been really fun.  It's not a vast improvement over the other 2 games, but here are some things I like. 

- Large environment with lots of places to just explore around. It incorporates the Arkham City environment, but enough work has been put into that it feels new. You'll see familiar buildings and locations, but with a different feel. 

- Fun boss battles. So far I've faced Deathstroke, Copperhead and Bane.  Each of these battles has its own little flair to it and bosses won't do stupid things anymore. For example, I thought the Bane boss battle in AA was pretty dumb with Bane running willy nilly into walls and stunning himself. He still charges you but will stop short most times before hitting a wall. There are nice surprises too. When I shot the bat-grapple at Bane to see what might happen, he grabbed it and pulled me towards him in a counter. Each battle has you incorporate your various gadgets into the battle, so it keeps things interesting. Plus its a lot more fun going up against enemies with similar skills as Batman instead of the somewhat monstrous and mystical bosses in the two previous games. Mr. Freeze being the exception.

- I think the characterization for the various enemies is good. They did a much better job with Bane, who seems like a legitimate menace to Batman instead of the ridiculous caricature he was in AA. The voiceover work is good as well. Though I miss Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy, the two replacements do a great job. 

- So far I like the story. I think the pacing is a little off, but overall it's kept me engaged and I'm eager to see where the story will go. 

- Combat is still as good as ever. I think the enemies might be slightly more aggressive in attacking you. There's really only one type of new enemy, which is the martial artist. They can counter your moves, so you have to react quickly to keep the flow of your combat going. It's a lot of fun when you have a good mix of enemies and you have to think quickly and carefully on who to attack next, where you'll be after the attack and when to use your special maneuvers and gadgets. 

- Nothing new on side missions. You have your Riddler puzzles, and then going around destroying canisters, stopping bombs etc. Same as the previous game. 

All in all, I'd put it right on the same level as the previous games. I haven't run into any bugs or crashes, though I've heard some people have had trouble. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

So as not to derail the "Pictures" thread any further than we already have, replying to Keyrock here.

I'll let you know how Contrast works out when that comes out soon.

Not to derail this thread any further (okay, I will), but what is this Contrast you speak of?

(and to not be completly off topic here either) I am playing "waiting for Contrast to release":

Other than that I am playing Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So as not to derail the "Pictures" thread any furtehr than we already have, replying to Keyrock here.

I'll let you know how Contrast works out when that comes out soon.

Not to derail this thread any further (okay, I will), but what is this Contrast you speak of?

(and to not be completly off topic here either) I am playing "waiting for Contrast to release":

Other than that I am playing Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender

Sweet mother of cornbread biscuits and gravy that looks like a lovely and delicious slice of puzzle platforming.  Why was I not notified of this earlier?  YOU HAVE ALL FAILED ME!  All except Melkathi, who came through like a champ.

As for what I'm playing, it's still Euro Truck Simulator 2 at home and Final Fantasy V on my phone on the go and at work on break.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

To prove how much I like that post, I pressed the like button and will once again say that I liked your post in this post.

Been playing Dragon's Dogma. Fun, fun, fun. Climbing on a Hydra's neck and whacking it with my weapon is a nice feeling. Not many games that lets you do this stuff. I can easily see myself spending more than 50 hours on this.

This is what happens when I get depressed and decide to play some time-wasty game.

Stupid Minecraft, wanted to start a new modded world for ages now but every time all the mods I want finally update for a "new" version of Minecraft, there has been again a new version of Minecraft. And my OCD is kinda of a bastard and doesn't let me play out dated version, hence I'm in eternal limbo.

I really wish they would stop adding things to minecraft that have existed as mods for years already and make the engine mod friendly. Getting rid of Java would be nice too while I'm dreaming.

Contrast looks nice but some obvious borrowing from Bioshock's theatrical design. Surely they get a pass on that since everyone loves Indie and hates AAA.

Playing DX:HR DC since yesterday. Just finished the DLC-part and... I think found a bug. My grenade launcher is gone and this sucks donkey balls. When I opened the stash with my weapons on the ship, everything was there, just not the grenade launcher. Meh.

Wondering if this just happened to me now or if everyone is experiencing the loss of this weapon.

I never used the grenade launcher anyway, but I guess that'd suck if you relied on that weapon. 

I'm enjoying AC: Revenant quite a bit.  The setting of Constantinople in transition to Istanbul is fascinating.  I love the use of the Janissaries and Suleiman, and the idea of recruiting assassins is neat.  I'm not a big fan of the missions to send them away from the city though, but everything else has been fun.  I'm excited to see how the story of Ezio wraps up, he's pretty awesome as an old man.

I bought a game called How To Survive on a whim (30% off from an already low price certainly helped). It's yet another one of those survival zombie games, but I don't mind as long as they are fun.

You start the game by waking up on an island, armed with a stick. From there on out you kill zombies, craft your own equipment and try to escape the island(s). You find a few NPC's along the way who gives you quests and survival tips. The ground is littered with stuff and you run into blueprints for new equipment to craft regularly.

I'm having great fun with this little game. Ranged combat has seldom felt so..satisfying as it does in How To Survive.

It also has a co-op mode but I have no friends  ;(

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I bought a game called How To Survive on a whim (30% off from an already low price certainly helped). It's yet another one of those survival zombie games, but I don't mind as long as they are fun.

You start the game by waking up on an island, armed with a stick. From there on out you kill zombies, craft your own equipment and try to escape the island(s). You find a few NPC's along the way who gives you quests and survival tips. The ground is littered with stuff and you run into blueprints for new equipment to craft regularly.

I'm having great fun with this little game. Ranged combat has seldom felt so..satisfying as it does in How To Survive.

Do to RL stuff going on, I've only put about 10 minutes into the game, but glad to hear that it'll provide some entertainment when RL decides to take a break for a bit.

I'm enjoying AC: Revenant quite a bit.  The setting of Constantinople in transition to Istanbul is fascinating.  I love the use of the Janissaries and Suleiman, and the idea of recruiting assassins is neat.  I'm not a big fan of the missions to send them away from the city though, but everything else has been fun.  I'm excited to see how the story of Ezio wraps up, he's pretty awesome as an old man.

Be happy you skipped Brotherhood then. It uses it's characters similarly (the Borgias and Leonardo), and has the same recruitment system.

GoA, that's basically the entire game in a nutshell. Everythign is so spread out it feels like there's nothign to do and your main missions are kinda "the heck am I doing?"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still going through Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. I'm almost at the part where Missing Link and Tong's Rescue are integrated. Really want to see how that's done.

The boss fights aren't as big a change as I'd hoped, but about what I expected. It's just larger arenas with hackables and turrets.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still going through Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. I'm almost at the part where Missing Link and Tong's Rescue are integrated. Really want to see how that's done.

The boss fights aren't as big a change as I'd hoped, but about what I expected. It's just larger arenas with hackables and turrets.

Ditto on the boss fights and to my disappointment the game just bludgeons from Tong's Rescue to the Missing Link, they even kept the recap. I'm still wondering if I get to keep the praxis points I've gained. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That sounds fun, I'll look into it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Still going through Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. I'm almost at the part where Missing Link and Tong's Rescue are integrated. Really want to see how that's done.The boss fights aren't as big a change as I'd hoped, but about what I expected. It's just larger arenas with hackables and turrets.

Ditto on the boss fights and to my disappointment the game just bludgeons from Tong's Rescue to the Missing Link, they even kept the recap. I'm still wondering if I get to keep the praxis points I've gained.

When I finished the dlc part, I got 25 praxis points. No idea if that was a fixed value or if it's the amount I had before, though.

And I agree that it feels very forced, but oh well... Better than the dlc outside of the game. It should have been includet all along.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

that trailer was pretty awesome, now i want to play water kitty game

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Makes me want to finally play Raptor.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra