What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

At level 1 and 2 even a fighter is ridiculously frustrating to play and requires excessive save scumming.  Low level BG just plain sucks.

You'd have to go some way to be killed by Shank or Carbo as a Fighter though, as a Mage you're one bad throw away from the ignominity and embarrassment of it.

Low level BG either sucks, or is some grade A 24 carat trolling. Unfortunate that achievements weren't popular back then, "Killed by Shank" would be a badge of dishonour to be cherished by all.

Speaking as a nerd, I have to say that I wasn't at all surprised by the experience of me and my friends running squealing from some low level thug in the street.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When taking a break from P3P; TH14 or BG:EE. Here's a log of how things are playing out in BG:

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

I don't understand why a magic class starts out without any spells.

Addendum: Or why your first companion is an archer. That's a recipe for disaster, there. Who better to act as a meat shield than the squishy mage with soft hands like a baby's bottom from a life of page turning, which did not apparently include turning the pages of spellbooks, given the total lack of spellcasting capabilities.

At level 1 and 2 even a fighter is ridiculously frustrating to play and requires excessive save scumming.  Low level BG just plain sucks.

High level BG((2)TOB) sucks even more. :/ So i'll take low level BG anytime.

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The Stanley Parable..

This is pure art, to say that I'm impressed is putting it very mildly.

Cool! I love the official description for that game. I think I must have it, while it's on sale. 

Edit: and ... downloading now. Thanks for the tip. 

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Finished Goodbye Deponia.

Now I have to consider a full trilogy replay. I really did like it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

High level BG((2)TOB) sucks even more. :/ So i'll take low level BG anytime.

I personally hate low level more, but I agree epic levels suck too.  A few games have handled it decently, but for the most part D&D, in video game form, sucks at both extremes.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the sweet spot for D&D is levels 5-15.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I love low level D&D.  Every time you pull your sword out, there is a good chance you will die.  I used to play on a NWN permadeath server called A Land Far Away and everyone was pretty much in the levels 1-5 range.  When you met someone higher than that, it was like they were gods among men.

• Like 2

The Stanley Parable..

This is pure art, to say that I'm impressed is putting it very mildly.

Bought and played it as well yesterday and I do regred the 10€ now a bit, though. The game itself is pretty good, but since I've already played the mod a long time ago, the "full game" offered nothing new to me. It was a little longer and all that, but the point of the game is already delivered with the free mod, so I don't really see a good reason to pay the full 10€ on a little more now.

But beside this, every game dev / story guy should play the Stanley Parable, IMO. It shows perfectly what is wrong with most games. For example, right after I "finished" it, I jumped into Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and yeah... It's one of those games that dictate everything you have to do. All the time it tells you where to walk, what to use, what to shoot at, and so on... Super annoying. People, stop creating such games, coz they are boring shait.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Completed the first chapter in Mars: War Logs. Getting a bit better at combat now. My companion dies all the time, hope there are no missions that forces me to keep him alive.

Skulls of the Shogun. a turn based strategy game that from what I know, sold really poorly on XBLA. A shame, since I like it.

Completed the first chapter in Mars: War Logs. Getting a bit better at combat now. My companion dies all the time, hope there are no missions that forces me to keep him alive.

They just fall unconscious, they always get back up after the battle, provided you won.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just played a little bit of Stanley Parable. Not sure how good it exactly is. I like it, but some of the choices and dialogue seemed a bit too trivial for the make-up, if you know what I mean.

Also, I'm playing Arcanum and Arx Fatalis. And I should finally start reviewing Beyond.

Elan_song.gif

As an overall experience and as a commentary/art piece on gaming, I think it's brilliant.. Some endings/section are not that interesting, especially when you have to go through them for the umpth time to get to ending X+8.. but it just had so many really interesting meta moments, notions and observations that I'll forgive all the rough parts.

But I'm a sucker for meta games, breaking the 4th wall and narrative heavy games like Save the Date, Dear Esther and so on. So this was right down my alley.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Batman: Arkham City.

I played Asylum a number of years back, and have had this in my to-do list for about as long.  So far, I think the game suffers a bit from the transition to open-worldiness, as, to me, it calls attention to the rails that the plot is on.  I can't help imagining how much cooler this game would be if I could feel some kind of ownership over the progression of the storyline.  (And if there were fewer "walk into an obvious ambush" plot-points/cutscenes.)  For whatever reason, Asylum's hub-based world design made following the plot train more palatable to me.

Still, lurking in the shadows and picking off goons one-by-one remains incredibly fun.  (The brawling, I could do without.) 

• Like 1

Playing some of the Payday 2 demo with friends, seem somewhat fun to try to be sneaky and all although everything does go to pot in each run. Might look into getting the full game if it's sufficiently cheap in December.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Has anyone tried this one?

Space Rangers HD a War Apart

Let's just say BG:EE gave remakes/enhanced editions a bad name as far as I'm concerned (and the various Jagged Alliance remakes didn't do anything to help the concept along). On the other hand, I loved Space Rangers 2 dearly (IMO a vastly underrated game).

Just wondering if anyone had tried it before jumping in at the deep end and buying it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gorth casts "Summon Hurlshot".

(grabs dice)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gorth casts "Summon Hurlshot".

(grabs dice)

You rolled a one, I'm not allowed to tell you anything.   :dancing:

It's really not that much different than SR2 Reboot, but the graphics are polished.  I'd compare it to going from a DVD to Blu-Ray.  The pirates are also fleshed out a good deal more, they take over systems like the dominators, except you can still land on the planets and everything.  I haven't started the quest line with them.  

For me it was worth the upgrade, but I played the original a lot and I figured they deserved my $20. 

• Like 1

In the shopping basket if goes.

I haven't been able to get into anything lately. Thinking of trying to play through something nostalgic, but find myself getting bored quickly.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Metro 2033

It's okay. It's not an exceptional title, but it's not bad. I wouldn't buy Last Light if I hadn't already gotten it in some bundle a ways back.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Metro is another game that gets slapped by the Stanley parable. You have no freedom none whatsoever in that game. You are strictly following a line all the time and it annoys the hell out of me. The Metro game could have been really good, but instead they decided to remake the book into a damn railway shooter game. With their own story they could have done so much more in the setting. Really disappointing.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."