What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

The Stanley Parable.  And it is amazing.

Reminded me a lot of Save the Date and felt it was an interesting examination of games as a medium and some of the challenges and perspectives that come with it.

Any more detail on why this is amazing ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

installed skyrim HD mods but they are conflicting with something else i have installed so i'll mess with that later

played 2 hours of the new splinter cell game.... not very impressed so far (i haven't played splinter cell much before, im more of a MGS fan).  the game looks dated, the animations are clunky, the story is boring and nonsensical.  sneaking up on people is neat, but i've definitely played better and more polished feeling stealth games

played some arkham city since it's on steam sale for so cheap right now.  punching bad guys in this game is fun.  I wish it had melee weapons and kill moves like sleeping dogs, but then it wouldn't really be batman so i see why they didn't. 

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Reminded me a lot of Save the Date and felt it was an interesting examination of games as a medium and some of the challenges and perspectives that come with it.

After watching some gameplay video, I'm not sure is there a person on this planet who could give a sufficient answer for that question :p

Got Game of Thrones in a humble bundle, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Liking the Alester storyline more than the Bors one so far.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

After watching some gameplay video, I'm not sure is there a person on this planet who could give a sufficient answer for that question :p

Hm, I guess I'll have to do that, most comments on this are just on how breath taking it is or enthralling, etc. or other thin stuff. Maybe I can just find the mod.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played the Stanley Parable quite some time ago and yeah, it's pretty cool. Wasn't there another game in the works?

The game that was just released is the other game.

There's the mod, the demo, and the new game.

It is an experimental narrative game that uses absurd humor in just the right way to tempt you into overanalyzing the narrative and metanarrative for deeper meaning. In doing so, you will almost certainly get it wrong. But it's your analysis, so you should treasure that.

Or don't. Toss your narrative analysis aside like so much takeaway packaging. I don't care, I'm not the narrative police. Though if I were, I can assure you that I would look dashing in the uniform.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just play the demo. It's hard to explain.

Uh oh, it's one of these 'deep, meaningful experience' games isn't it ? :p

Probably WoW for me this weekend, friend is back for a month so we can keep knocking off ancient raids we never did.

Finished Splinter Cell Blacklist.  IMO, better than Conviction.  And, being a pretty bad stealth player, it had the perfect blend for me in terms of stealth, but more forgiveness in case you're seen.

Hopefully this is what future Splinter Cell games will be like.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

BL2 - I want one lvl 72 of each chr. class. Then I considered that I'd have to replay the game/all DLC's 3 or 4 times per chr. With 1 lvl63 siren and 1 lvl 50 Commando (no one else is above 25 or so), that still = 15+ times. Plus leveling past 60 goes pretty slow. At the rate I play, that would take me years.

So I downloaded that gibbed editor instead. No clue how to use it to tick off the quests and stuff, but I can make them 72, give them lvl60ish gear, and then run through the content to Ultimate really fast. Much better.

I is a big fat cheater.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished Splinter Cell Blacklist.  IMO, better than Conviction.  And, being a pretty bad stealth player, it had the perfect blend for me in terms of stealth, but more forgiveness in case you're seen.

Apparently Blacklist didn't sell as well as Ubisoft had predicted so there probably will be changes next time. I think Blacklist is the most enjoyable of the series though, even if it's not the same genre as SC of old (which were all excellent).   

Edited by Serrano

It seems great.

Too bad it's only on Steam.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Playing a lot of Civilization V with the expansions now. Mostly really enjoy the Brave New World stuff, the newest patch tweaked some things to make it even better and made Tourism feel a bit more integrated overall.

Really enjoying the game overall.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm into the latter stages of Risen 2 now, exploring Maracai Bay.  I've pretty much maxed out voodoo.  Frankly, I can take almost any enemy with nothing buy my sword, but for the really tough ones, I can cast a curse on them so powerful that I can pretty much just tap them with my finger and they crumble to the ground.

fingerpoke-of-doom-o.gif

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've started four games of New Vegas in a month, all of which bar the current one ended in and around Vegas. Just now, for the first time since the game's launch, I spoke to Caesar. I know there's an incredible amount of content in the game I've never seen, but I'm not sure I have the determination to go that route. At any rate, I can put off any thinking for now, about to tackle the DLC for the first time ever (again, after owning it for quite a long time). Going with Honest Hearts when I fire the game up tomorrow, at a few levels shy of 20 - unless someone thinks I should do them in a different order?

I admit some temptation to play XCOM due to all the recent chatter - and I really do intend to play vanilla XCOM once more before getting into the expansion - but I really should stick with one thing for now.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Apparently Blacklist didn't sell as well as Ubisoft had predicted so there probably will be changes next time. I think Blacklist is the most enjoyable of the series though, even if it's not the same genre as SC of old (which were all excellent).   

Yeah, I read similar.

Well, if they do move far away from the Blacklist formula for the next game, they might lose one sale (however microscopic in the grand scheme of things, obviously).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I scooped up Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold while it was 50% off at Gamersgate.  I'd been contemplating either getting this or a train simulator for quite some time.  I desperately need something chill to play where I'm not constantly murdering people or being a complete a-hole.  There's something really refreshing about cruising around in a big truck, listening to tunes, obeying the speed limit, using my blinkers, and just being a law abiding, safe driver, it's surprisingly fun.  My only gripe about the game is the graphics.  I don't usually gripe about graphics much, but in the case of a game like this, checking out the scenery while you cruise along is a big part of the enjoyment.  While the game doesn't look horrible, it looks decidedly 2006-ish.  Still, I'm pretty happy with the game so far.  It's really nice to play something completely different from the murder fest that seems to make up 90%+ of video games.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've started four games of New Vegas in a month, all of which bar the current one ended in and around Vegas. Just now, for the first time since the game's launch, I spoke to Caesar. I know there's an incredible amount of content in the game I've never seen, but I'm not sure I have the determination to go that route. At any rate, I can put off any thinking for now, about to tackle the DLC for the first time ever (again, after owning it for quite a long time). Going with Honest Hearts when I fire the game up tomorrow, at a few levels shy of 20 - unless someone thinks I should do them in a different order?

I admit some temptation to play XCOM due to all the recent chatter - and I really do intend to play vanilla XCOM once more before getting into the expansion - but I really should stick with one thing for now.

I realized not too long ago that I've never actually completed Boone's quest line. (Nothing annoyed me more in Fallout 3 than the Talon's constantly coming after me with no way of stopping them - even if you wiped them all out [the one group of three that Tenpenny/Burke sends is different. That one makes sense,] so I would play that game neutral to avoid that annoyance.)

I corrected that a couple of days ago. One Legion assassin that ran away scared managed to kill Fitz and Lupe from the Grub n' Gulp before I got to him. At least there's a way to make them go away. Hopefully if Bethesda continues with this crap in FO4, they'll have a way to make them go away forever too.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

When taking a break from P3P; TH14 or BG:EE. Here's a log of how things are playing out in BG:

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

I don't understand why a magic class starts out without any spells.

Addendum: Or why your first companion is an archer. That's a recipe for disaster, there. Who better to act as a meat shield than the squishy mage with soft hands like a baby's bottom from a life of page turning, which did not apparently include turning the pages of spellbooks, given the total lack of spellcasting capabilities.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

When taking a break from P3P; TH14 or BG:EE. Here's a log of how things are playing out in BG:

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

MISS

I don't understand why a magic class starts out without any spells.

Addendum: Or why your first companion is an archer. That's a recipe for disaster, there. Who better to act as a meat shield than the squishy mage with soft hands like a baby's bottom from a life of page turning, which did not apparently include turning the pages of spellbooks, given the total lack of spellcasting capabilities.

At level 1 and 2 even a fighter is ridiculously frustrating to play and requires excessive save scumming.  Low level BG just plain sucks.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

About 9 hours into Goodbye Deponia. A fine addition to the series. I think I'm at the final chapter or the second to last. And the finale of the last chapter was good enough that I thought it was the game's actual climax. Hope they keep it up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hubs and I ran out of quests in Ultimate BL2...and leveling is too slow just killing enemies themselves w/no quest exp. - so finally reset Ultimate. Which is kind of cool you can do that in the last difficulty. No more having to save so many quests because you want the reward to be max level or whatever.

Only 6 more levels to max, for our main co-op characters.

We're both convinced, too, that they made Maliwan SMG's a lot more jiggly. Don't like them anymore. Hyperion's, that's where it's at.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

At level 1 and 2 even a fighter is ridiculously frustrating to play and requires excessive save scumming.  Low level BG just plain sucks.

You'd have to go some way to be killed by Shank or Carbo as a Fighter though, as a Mage you're one bad throw away from the ignominity and embarrassment of it.

Low level BG either sucks, or is some grade A 24 carat trolling. Unfortunate that achievements weren't popular back then, "Killed by Shank" would be a badge of dishonour to be cherished by all.

• Like 1