What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

Previous incarnation

Last couple of posts from previous thread:

Bought a copy of Splinter Cell Conviction for dirt cheap, so I'm playing that first before finishing my play through of Blacklist. These two last SC games are more to my liking than the earlier iterations, largely because they're more forgiving for folks like me that aren't very good at remaining stealthy.

That's because they're not stealth games.

----------------------------------------------------

I chose Metro 2033. What's the point of owning the sequel if I've never played it or the first?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64382-what-are-you-playing-now/?p=1379817

Stanley parable. I played the HL2 mod and it was a well crafted experience worth playing! it confronts you with some very meta-game assumptions players make when playing games, and then throws it in your face. Very refreshing.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Guns of Icarus, I've fallen in love with the  small Pyramidion, or as I like to call her .. Nosebreaker.

Pyramidion.png

played an awesome 3 rounds of 2v2 .. I was the navigator and captain of the Nosebreaker, got myself a crew, 2 gunners and an engineer and we totally devastated the opposition. My style was hiding in the clouds and let the 2 enemy ships gang up on my teammate, then come out of nowhere going in fast, take out the ballon of the lowest ship then ram and destroy the other one as quickly as possible and let my teammate handle the falling one.

We won all 3 rounds.. buja!

God I love that game

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Sidelined playing for going back to my Shadowrun Returns game. I took a lengthy break for my Dragon Age marathon and now I'm coming back with fresh eyes.

Which, naturally, means more cuts.

The prologue, which was going to be 8 or so maps has now been cut down to 1 map. It's pretty much just one scene on a map I've already made. I'm only keeping two scenes from the old prologue and the other's going to be a flashback for pacing reasons.

For the first time, I actually have a plan for Act 1 beginning to end. And have worked out a priority system in case I need to make future cuts.

I may be able to get the prologue done before the weekend.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sidelined playing for going back to my Shadowrun Returns game. I took a lengthy break for my Dragon Age marathon and now I'm coming back with fresh eyes.

Which, naturally, means more cuts.

The prologue, which was going to be 8 or so maps has now been cut down to 1 map. It's pretty much just one scene on a map I've already made. I'm only keeping two scenes from the old prologue and the other's going to be a flashback for pacing reasons.

For the first time, I actually have a plan for Act 1 beginning to end. And have worked out a priority system in case I need to make future cuts.

I may be able to get the prologue done before the weekend.

If what I understand from your post is right you're working on a Shadowrun game. I have but one request: please, don't make the in game dialog feel so damn cheerful.

I don't know why but every story out there has everyone acting all like chums and sounding like a Saturday morning cartoon. It's like everyone forgot the main campaign and the tone it was written on, or the tone of the Cyberpunk genre.

If you're not working on a story then please disregard this post, but it felt good to vent anyways. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If what I understand from your post is right you're working on a Shadowrun game. I have but one request: please, don't make the in game dialog feel so damn cheerful.

I don't know why but every story out there has everyone acting all like chums and sounding like a Saturday morning cartoon. It's like everyone forgot the main campaign and the tone it was written on, or the tone of the Cyberpunk genre.

If you're not working on a story then please disregard this post, but it felt good to vent anyways.

Actually I want to say thanks for that. I haven't even given thought to tone of dialogue.

So far I've been focusing on the tone of my load screen descriptions. Which I'd say is keeping in mind the dystopic elements.

Need some thoughts or advice about Borderlands 2.  I have BL2 on the pc along with every DLC except the latest level upgrade, and psycho pack.  I would really like to sit on the couch and play this game, however can't really hook up my pc to the tv and was thinking about the PS3 version.  I understand the GOTY version comes with everything, however have seen that they're going to be releasing more.  Would you guys just start with the GOTY and then incrementally pick up the following dlc to come, or just wait another year and hope for a GOTY version 2.0 to release?

need some advice

i just finished setting up my brand new pc and i want to play something really shiny

so whats your favorite graphics intensive game released in the past year or so?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Actually I want to say thanks for that. I haven't even given thought to tone of dialogue.

So far I've been focusing on the tone of my load screen descriptions. Which I'd say is keeping in mind the dystopic elements.

Good luck and let us know when you're finished so we can play it. Are you planning on episodic releases or just one?

need some advice

i just finished setting up my brand new pc and i want to play something really shiny

Crysis has always been the standard for testing PC rig, Battlefield is also a good choice, I personally would recommend a heavily modified Skyrim.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Good luck and let us know when you're finished so we can play it. Are you planning on episodic releases or just one?

Just one release.

need some advice

Released more than a year ago, but The Witcher 2 is my go to eye candy game.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

is there like one massive mod to graphically overhaul skyrim?  i remember there being some kind of high res texture pack, has that been incorporated into one?

i can just look around myself on the nexus, but i thought there was a chance someone might have a strong recommendation

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

is there like one massive mod to graphically overhaul skyrim?  i remember there being some kind of high res texture pack, has that been incorporated into one?

i can just look around myself on the nexus, but i thought there was a chance someone might have a strong recommendation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHqFo8Z_OI

:biggrin:

Edited by WDeranged
  • Like 1

I got someone else to play X-com?

Sadly, not that much more gametime myself... progress is slow. Have to shoot down a quest UFO, but for that I need a speed boost for my plane that requires 2 corpses of a enemy I only faced once, and it's corpse got autopsied, so I still need 2 more. And it seems a pretty rare foe.

Also got Dragon Commander during the sale, but I rather finish my current game first :).

Also, what's this I hear about DX:HR director's cut? Steam page is unclear on what exactly the changes are like to the bosses. And can I upgrade my DX:HR or need to repay $20? If so, that's pretty heavy for a game I already own :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Apparently one has to only pay a pittance if one allready owns DX:HR, even less if the MIssing Link has allready been purchased. I believe somebody printed the exact breakdown in the randon video game news thread a while ago.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The DEHR Director's cut merges in the Missing Link into the original game, and all of the boss fights have been overhauled. So no more walking directly into a pure combat heavy fight (supposedly), that a few other small tweaks and touches to how it plays. If you already own the original game and the dlc, the cost for it is around 5 euro's.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What the heck happened to gamespot's website?  I was never a fan of their articles, but I did like the layout of their site.  I used it to check on upcoming release dates and such.  It was easy to navigate, even for "internet dummies".  Now?  It's ... a muddled mess.

When will folks learn that often times less is more?

-----

Finishing my play through of Splinter Cell Blacklist.  I decided to play Conviction first before finishing Blacklist (was about a quarter of the way through).  I like Blacklist better.  There's just something ... RPG-ish about the ability between missions to hang around on the Paladin and either talk to my crew about the latest mission, or do a bunch of stuff like upgrade my gear or do Co-op missions.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finally got around to playing Of Orcs and Men, I gotta say that I seriously underestimated this game. What I thought was going to be a straightforward, clunky RPG riddled with stereotypes that pass for a story has completely defied my expectations.
The combat system is the high point of this game (its as if what they were trying to do with DA2 was done right) it manages a balance between strategy, action, and build all in a rather simple manner whose depth is found in proper usage.  

village_idiot.gif

Finally got around to playing Of Orcs and Men, I gotta say that I seriously underestimated this game. What I thought was going to be a straightforward, clunky RPG riddled with stereotypes that pass for a story has completely defied my expectations.

The combat system is the high point of this game (its as if what they were trying to do with DA2 was done right) it manages a balance between strategy, action, and build all in a rather simple manner whose depth is found in proper usage.  

And the fact that the maps are one dimensional and there is very little exploring or decent side quests doesn't bother you?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela