To all of our backers and fans...

Hello, everyone. We aren't doing an update this week because the team is hard at work on a very special update for the near future. Can't really talk about it right now, but we think it's going to be cool.

Oh god, I hope it's 10 hours of MCA playing Arcanum!

i hope the 10 hours of MCA playing arcanum will be commented by Tim Cain. :D

"I used to be enthusiastic about working with Chris, but now..."

• Like 1

Hello, everyone. We aren't doing an update this week because the team is hard at work on a very special update for the near future. Can't really talk about it right now, but we think it's going to be cool.

Oh god, I hope it's 10 hours of MCA playing Arcanum!

He's probably busy working on Torment, which he seems to be more euphoric than on PE 

Elan_song.gif

I was just referring to his Twitter description which said "working on torment (yay) and project eternity" That seemed... odd :D

Maybe he's just super efficient with his syntax, and the "yay" is meant to apply to both the left AND the right? *Shrug*

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

for all i know chris has finished his work on torment like 6 months ago

No, chris finished his work on Wasteland 2.

The work for torment (release date 2015 ^^) hasen't even started. ;)

AND 6 months ago the Torment kickstarter had just begun.

finished before the kickstarter (and before his stretchgoal was even announced) seems a little bit odd. ^^

Edited by Godfather101

Is anyone else starting to worry? It's been a year and we've see so little of the game that isn't just concept. And now it's confirmed that we wont get to see VS and updates have been shut off for 3 weeks? I'd back obsidian again in a heartbeat but I'm nervous. Can we expect to see more official screens at the very least in the near future?

They'd have to be really f***ing stupid to hype us up for a cool update in the near future they had gone bankrupt or had to cancel the game. There's absolutely nothing to worry about.

for all i know chris has finished his work on torment like 6 months ago

No, chris finished his work on Wasteland 2.

The work for torment (release date 2015 ^^) hasen't even started. ;)

AND 6 months ago the Torment kickstarter had just begun.

finished before the kickstarter (and before his stretchgoal was even announced) seems a little bit odd. ^^

ouch, fail, you are right of course

it's the voice in my head, it told me otherwise, i swear!

Just wanted to say thank you for making the effort and being in touch with the community. It's always nice.

One quick question - since you happen to work with Zbrush and/or Mudbox, are you planning to utilize those packages for sculpting rock formations and/or other terrain features? (I'm referring to those last environment screenshots that you guys posted lately - rock monuments looked weird). AFAIR Zbrush/Mud is perfect for this kind of tasks. 

Cool! nice to see you around once more Adam

here are two older questions of mine i'd still love to see answered, if you even can answer them that is

1. in the case the portraits are originally drawn in bigger size than the one they are going to be in the game, like it has been the case with some of the IWD ones, do you think it would be possible to get our hands on those larger ones in some way?

2. are there any more of these superb portrait-style concept arts like the one of the dwarven ranger or the godlike around? (or are planned for the future) if so, could those be posted at some point after the game is finisched? chances are, people would love to see them, and since you have given the impression that those won't be used in the actual game at all, i think it would be such an incredible shame to see them "wasted" that way

i for one will possibly like those concept arts quite a bit more as portraits, rather than the actual portraits, if those are shoulder up only as you say

*goes down to his knees* pleaaaaaaase *plea* *beg*

it may look a bit weird, that i care so much about this, but the chance to see more art in the style of IWD had been one the major factors for me to back this project, i just care ;)

Happy Friday!

I'll answer a few questions throughout the day today. About anything. Ask away.

Cheers,

Adam

I guess it has been answered somewhere, but it seems difficult to find: how long is PE going to be and how much content do you plan on having? Someqhere I read PE is going to have "IWD 2-length" which could mean 60-100 hours. Any update on that?

Is there anything "secret" you can share with us? Maybe a roooough description of one of your favourite quests so far? Or the coolest NPC? I don't actually think you'll answer this one, but hey, I tried :D

Great to see you anwering questions again!

Elan_song.gif

Could you tell us something about the factions we're likely to encounter? even a tidbit? It's one of the things I'm really looking forward to.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Because I backed as much for an insight into game development as for the game itself: what's the distribution over time of the development budget? ie, how much does a month of production cost vs a month of vertical slice work vs a month of prototyping?

(or what're the team numbers in each stage, if you'd rather not talk numbers)

Edited by coffeetable

Is there going to be a pony? I want a pony.

That would actually be pretty cool for Orlans :)

Don't be silly, everyone knows Orlans ride battle-dogs into the fray.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive