To all of our backers and fans...

Well first we got 1 update per week, then 1 update per 2 weeks, I was kinda expecting 1 update per 3 weeks now. I hope that next big suprise will be at least playable demo or something like that :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Hello, everyone. We aren't doing an update this week because the team is hard at work on a very special update for the near future. Can't really talk about it right now, but we think it's going to be cool.

On our one year anniversary, we really just wanted to thank all of the fans and backers that have allowed us to make the game of our dreams. When we asked for your help in getting Eternity funded, you responded by making it one of the most successful Kickstarters in the site's history. Without your continuous feedback and support this game just wouldn't be possible. So, from the entire Obsidian team we give our most heartfelt thank you to our fans and backers.

Stay tuned!

-The Project Eternity Crew

Take Your time, we're not in a hurry.

• Like 2

Hello, everyone. We aren't doing an update this week because the team is hard at work on a very special update for the near future. Can't really talk about it right now, but we think it's going to be cool.

On our one year anniversary, we really just wanted to thank all of the fans and backers that have allowed us to make the game of our dreams. When we asked for your help in getting Eternity funded, you responded by making it one of the most successful Kickstarters in the site's history. Without your continuous feedback and support this game just wouldn't be possible. So, from the entire Obsidian team we give our most heartfelt thank you to our fans and backers.

Stay tuned!

Hey, speak for yourself :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Stay tuned!

Patience is a virtue. ;-)

Stay tuned!

Patience is a virtue. ;-)

I'm not a virtuous person. I thiiiiirst for an update.

Elan_song.gif

There should be terabytes of art and screenshots available. I don't understand why they don't post at least one concept art - even if its still work in progress.

There should be terabytes of art and screenshots available. I don't understand why they don't post at least one concept art - even if its still work in progress.

Not necessarily though. I would really like some more updates, but I kind of like that they aren't just throwing everything out to us. It preserves some of the "mystery" and excitement :)

• Like 1

Elan_song.gif

They're gonna do the same thing tomorrow guys. Prepare to get trolled.

We do not have an update planned for tomorrow. No need to stay up for it.

Thanks for the heads up

Can we expect one next week?

Back on schedule as it were or should we prepare for the possibility of it being a few more weeks before the next update?

Free games updated 3/4/21

Is anyone else starting to worry? It's been a year and we've see so little of the game that isn't just concept. And now it's confirmed that we wont get to see VS and updates have been shut off for 3 weeks? I'd back obsidian again in a heartbeat but I'm nervous. Can we expect to see more official screens at the very least in the near future?

They are planning a big update. If we don't get any for a few weeks, I'm okay with that.

Edit: funcroc posted this in one of the other threads:
http://schedule.gdcnext.com/session-id/826865

Gathering Your Party with Project Eternity (GDC Next 10)
Josh Sawyer  |  Project Director, Obsidian Entertainment

Date: Wednesday, November 06
Time: 4:15pm-4:45pm
Format: Session
Discipline: Design & UI
Track: Future of Gaming
Vault Recording: Video

This talk will feature the retro-evolution of classic 2D RPG elements in Obsidian Entertainment's Project Eternity. From the challenges of creating massive, dynamically-lit isometric environments to trusting in players' vivid imaginations and problem-solving capabilities, Project Eternity poses some interesting challenges to its veteran team. To find the right balance between using contemporary development practices and meeting classic RPG expectations, the developers have solicited community feedback, returned to past titles and, of course, played a bunch of D&D. Join us on an adventure fraught with wonders and perils more dazzling than the Warlock's Crypt!

Takeaway
Attendees will learn how 13440 x 7560 renders sound cool until you see how big they are on disk, how classic challenge is good, as long as you avoid classic obfuscation, and how a few words with a loose illustration can be a scene's greatest illustrator.

Edited by Labadal

Why not? Reasoning?

Because we're all expecting a bigger update. Like a big, big milestone. I think from Obsidian's side, it's a bit of a vanity thing. They don't want to show unfinished stuff to the crowds, but they want to wow them.  Well, I hope, at least.

Elan_song.gif

Why not? Reasoning?

For the same reason I'm not starting to worry because I haven't seen any photos of the outside of my office building for some time now, and haven't begun to assume there's a giant world-eating void out there, or an alien invasion going on, simply because I have a lack of evidence to the contrary.

We have just as much reason to NOT worry as we do to worry. The unknown is just that: unknown. Not "known to be negative because of a lack of knowledge."

To worry is human, but so is to realize when there's a need to and when there isn't. Also, there's a difference between acknowledging a possibility, and worrying about a possibility.

• Like 5

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

For the same reason I'm not starting to worry because I haven't seen any photos of the outside of my office building for some time now, and haven't begun to assume there's a giant world-eating void out there, or an alien invasion going on, simply because I have a lack of evidence to the contrary.

Old proverb: no news is good news.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Is anyone else starting to worry? It's been a year and we've see so little of the game that isn't just concept. And now it's confirmed that we wont get to see VS and updates have been shut off for 3 weeks? I'd back obsidian again in a heartbeat but I'm nervous. Can we expect to see more official screens at the very least in the near future?

There is nothing to worry... It is not like that they are going to run away with all that money to Bahamas or Fiji.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

There is nothing to worry... It is not like that they are going to run away with all that money to Bahamas or Fiji.

Well, at least not until now. Did you really have to put such ideas in their heads?!  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Elan_song.gif

Oh god, I hope it's 10 hours of MCA playing Arcanum!

• Like 1

Oh god, I hope it's 10 hours of MCA playing Arcanum!

i hope the 10 hours of MCA playing arcanum will be commented by Tim Cain. :D

• Like 1