What part of P:E has you the most excited for it's release?

J.E. Sawyer-designed combat, Chris Avellone writing. Feargus' name in the credits. Tim Cain Tim Caining.

Ill be quite honest. First obsidian game I played was fonv. The team impressed me so much from that game, that just seeing them have the oppertunity to make a game themselves without timeline or restrictions from a publisher made me throw my hard earn at the screen screaming take it. Its because of exactly what u qouted that I dove head first even though I've never played a crpg before I donated.

Now I'm playing the original fallouts and bg and neverwinter nights 2 to get me educated.

Can't wait for the whole shibang.

Tim Cain Tim Caining.

I initially read "Caining" as "canning" and thought that Tim Cain would be preserving food. That would be an interesting reward tier.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Beyond just the experience of playing it, following the tale to its conclusion, exploring this new land and its people, and enjoying all the eye candy, I'm looking forward to seeing how far they've evolved the game since the IE days. Not that I'm expecting an extreme make-over, but just enjoying more up-to-date special effects, exploring the new tactical combinations, seeing what they do with the environment and residents, and just finding any novel ideas.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Story, character interaction, and exploration of people from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.

I also can't wait to try different races and see how said socio/economic/cultural place in the world affects my characters and how others perceive them.

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

I'm looking forward to the whole game right up to when I have to create my character, at which point I will then enter angst mode and wail about having to choose between things and collapse in a indecisive heap.

• Like 6

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

What do you mean by the butthurt?  Whose butts will be hurting?

Someone is always disappointed in something. No matter how good it is, no matter how accurately it matches what was promised, someone, somewhere will scream "BETRAYAL!" when the finished product doesn't mirror their idealized version of what it was supposed to be. This is exacerbated in the case of PE because 1: everyone here is partially responsible for funding the damn thing's creation, and 2: the game was pitched as a very specific thing (the most faithful adaptation of the Infinity Engine style of game ever), but many fans disagree on what was and was not a core part of the Infinity Engine experience.

• Like 2
jcod0.png

Apart from the general excitement of the experience of playing the game, I am excited to play with all hardest difficulty options on from the get-go. Pretty much a blind hardcore game, see how far I can get kind of thing.

Apart from the general excitement of the experience of playing the game, I am excited to play with all hardest difficulty options on from the get-go. Pretty much a blind hardcore game, see how far I can get kind of thing.

Brave Sir Osvir! Alas, the first bunny you see will be like the Rabbit of Caerbannog.

Rabbitattack.jpg

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Tim Cain Tim Caining.

I initially read "Caining" as "canning" and thought that Tim Cain would be preserving food. That would be an interesting reward tier.

To be fair, we already have that reward tier. Tim's cooking book. If we learned how to preseeve food there, I'd be psyched. :D

I'm looking forward to the whole game right up to when I have to create my character, at which point I will then enter angst mode and wail about having to choose between things and collapse in a indecisive heap.

Correct. The first day owning PE will probably spent with hours of uncertainty, last-minute-decisions to play something else (repeat 20 times) and then actually playing 2 minutes before having to go to bed...

Edited by SophosTheWise

Elan_song.gif

I'm looking forward to the mega-dungeon. Not just playing through it, but seeing how Obsidian approaches its design from level 1 to level 15. Will there be one giant, driving narrative? (ala Durlag's tower) Or a series of loosely connected plots strung together to justify the existance of the Super-boss at the bottom (ie. Watcher's keep)

Or will it be something different that we've never seen the likes of before?

Edited by Stun
  • Like 2

Character creation and progression are always difficult for me in these kind of games simply because some spells/abilities are worthless and I hate wasting points on something that was best left undone.  Currently have a Fighter Aasamir in NWN2 and just now found (level 6) that I can't use an editor to change race, so I kinda boned myself as well as can't change his initial class.  So...  Off to restart again.  lol

Character creation and progression are always difficult for me in these kind of games simply because some spells/abilities are worthless and I hate wasting points on something that was best left undone.  Currently have a Fighter Aasamir in NWN2 and just now found (level 6) that I can't use an editor to change race, so I kinda boned myself as well as can't change his initial class.  So...  Off to restart again.  lol

The ideal solution is for the game to be designed such that those things aren't worthless, and you don't reach dead-ends like that. I believe this is something of importance to Obsidian, based on many a thing Josh has said.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u