Tel Afar, primary school attacked

Walsingham

Despite many years of seeing such attacks, this takes the absolute biscuit, cake, and associated cutlery.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/10/06/uk-iraq-violence-idUKBRE99504U20131006

A suicide bomber has detonated a truck borne explosive device. His target? A primary school. Early indications are that at least 15 are dead.

I cannot imagine a more perfect example of the deranged and nihilistic agenda of Al Qaeda. Nor a more powerful counter-argument to those who say we must accomodate and negotiate with them.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

These are the kinds of people Bill Paxton would kill with a pipe

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You mean the way our own Christian religion spawned the crusades, the Spanish fascists, and the IRA?

EDIT:

Every single time you blame Islam for Al Qaeda you do a disservice to millions of peaceful Muslims, and much more importantly you do exactly what Al Qaeda wants you to do.

That puts you on the same side of the line as the people who blew up this school. How does that feel, sparky?

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 6

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You mean the way our own Christian religion spawned the crusades, the Spanish fascists, and the IRA?

EDIT:

Every single time you blame Islam for Al Qaeda you do a disservice to millions of peaceful Muslims, and much more importantly you do exactly what Al Qaeda wants you to do.

That puts you on the same side of the line as the people who blew up this school. How does that feel, sparky?

Then what do you blame? Islam fosters these extremists. Every time moderates don't call them out, that puts them exactly line with the people who blew up the school. And believe me, I'm not calling out Islam specifically, but religion in general. Islam just happens to be going through the most growing pains right now. Furthermore, islamic extremists don't want me to characterize their religion, they want me to convert. 

If fundamentalists are doing these things. Then there must be something fundamentally wrong with the religion. 

Reformations, spits and multiple sects have calmed Christianity down. Although we should still be cautious about American Fundamentalists as they can easily become terrorists as well. 

• Like 2

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Saying islam fosters extremism is like saying eating fosters poop. It may be true, but it ignores a lot of the imprtant aspects.

True, the bigger picture is complicated. But religion exacerbates a region already in turmoil. Much of the tribal conflict is indeed religion based, going back hundreds of years, and terrorists could not recruit without Islam as the tool. It has to be considered in any equation for bringing peace to the area.

EDIT:

Then what do you blame? Islam fosters these extremists. Every time moderates don't call them out, that puts them exactly line with the people who blew up the school. And believe me, I'm not calling out Islam specifically, but religion in general. Islam just happens to be going through the most growing pains right now. Furthermore, islamic extremists don't want me to characterize their religion, they want me to convert. 

Who do I blame?

I blame the methodology and individuals who use extraordinarily simple precepts to turn despairing young men into emotionless killers.

THEY are the true arseholes.

I had an argument (good natured) with an ex-RSM of the British Army. He remarked that Che Guevara was a real leader of men. I said that it was very easy to make men follow you. It was substantially harder to have anything to your name worth following. A pleasant discussion, with murderous import.

-Elwood Blues

" You mean the way our own Christian religion spawned the crusades, the Spanish fascists, and the IRA?"

Is that the best you got? Accuse another religion of bad behaviour? Everyone knows about he crusades. It's over.  Muslims bombing little school kiddies is current. Why do you justify that?

"Every single time you blame Islam for Al Qaeda you do a disservice to millions of peaceful Muslims"

Waaaaaaaaaa.. Talk about hypocrisy.

Yet, you have no issue bashing Christians for the sins of the past. LMAO

the problem with more peaceful Muslims is they  are weak in the face of the more violent ones. They always go... 'What they did was wrong but..." there is no but. It was wrong. PERIOD.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The peaceful Muslims in violent regions are between a rock and hard place though. If they speak out they risk losing their lives, either by dictators, other tribal factions or extremists. But Muslims in more stable regions, in Europe and the states, they are the ones who need to be more proactive imo. They need to denounce this crap when it happens.

Reformations, spits and multiple sects have calmed Christianity down. 

Imperialism calmed Christianity down.

Reformation lead to quite a lot of bloodshed on Religious grounds.

Well yes, but in the long run it did. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Extremism has nothing to do with religion.  It is simply the tool extremists use to unlock the darkest aspects of our human nature.  In a world without religion, people would simply find another outlet for their zeal.

• Like 2

Extremism has nothing to do with religion. It is simply the tool extremists use to unlock the darkest aspects of our human nature. In a world without religion, people would simply find another outlet for their zeal.

As evidenced in Cambodia, Vietnam, etc. Also, when you look at Islam, you have to look at the largest Muslim country. How many indonesians do you see suicide bombing children? I think its not so much that Islam is a garbage religion, its that Arabs have a garbage culture.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

One struggles to understand what goes on inside their heads. Blanket statements about religion or culture aren't enough, that's the easy trap to fall into. The solution of a simpleton. 

Meanwhile I guess some dangerous pests just have to be eradicated as best possible. I mean it's not like dialogue is even feasible. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

One struggles to understand what goes on inside their heads. Blanket statements about religion or culture aren't enough, that's the easy trap to fall into. The solution of a simpleton. 

Meanwhile I guess some dangerous pests just have to be eradicated as best possible. I mean it's not like dialogue is even feasible. 

They're the true believers, there is no doubt in their minds that their religion is fact and their ideology overpowers even their sense of self preservation. The reason why you can't argue with men like that is that there is no room for doubt in their minds.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

How many indonesians do you see suicide bombing children?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/blast-at-buddhist-temple-in-indonesia/article4991186.ece

Wrong, Indonesia is one of the most intolerant places on the planet. Imagine Missisipi but with less law and less control, where it's ok to attack people ON THE SUSPICION they may have insulted Islam. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Imagine Missisipi but with less law and less control

You mean Alabama?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

How many indonesians do you see suicide bombing children?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/blast-at-buddhist-temple-in-indonesia/article4991186.ece

Wrong, Indonesia is one of the most intolerant places on the planet. Imagine Missisipi but with less law and less control, where it's ok to attack people ON THE SUSPICION they may have insulted Islam.

Ok. Islam is just crap then.

Devastatorsig.jpg