What you did today

Rosbjerg

Spent 4 hours perfectly leveling the reticle of a scope in relation to the bore, screwing and unscrewing the scope base a million times, a really frustrating and arduous task. My visual cortex is completely fried.

The fun thing is when you think the scope is perfectly level you have to count the turn of each of the 8 screws so the screws don't pull the leveled scope to one side rendering all your previous efforts completely useless. And I'm talking about tiny screws with fine pitch threads and hundreds of turns. 

Of all the work that comes with marksmanship correctly leveling and installing a scope is by FAR the hardest part. And its really important, a canted misaligned reticle pulls your shots to one side when you do hight adjustments for long ranges. A perfectly level reticle is so crucial. 

I guess thats why most shooters let their gunsmith install the scopes. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Was more of a joke on the guy killing his wife.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was more of a joke on the guy killing his wife.

Well, at least the newly weds will know what they are in for.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If you recall I'm currently 'back on the shop floor'. Got a verbal bollocking for something I'd done exactly as ordered to do it.

Was furious.

Suddenly realised that this is the first time I've ever had this kind of completely unfair and retarded dressing down. I've been unbelievably lucky. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

depression is not the same as being emo. Anyway Calax, you know better, don't you? At least on this forum we're not yet tired of your continued presence ;)

Completely agree. Calax is a good guy, he's just hasn't caught too many good breaks in life. He'll weather the downs and enjoy the ups just like he always has And if not we'll buy him a ticket o South Africa so he can hang out with Bruce, that guy could cheer any one up! 

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thank you everyone. It was a FANTASTIC trip. Anyone who goes to Hawaii and only sees Maui or Oahu is missing out. The small islands are the best part of that state. We didn't do a lot of the touristy stuff, we just explored on our own. We went to Fern Grotto, went swimming in the waterfalls at Alakai. Steph got scuba certified and we went diving twice, she LOVED it. I hadn't been diving since I moved away from Florida. We watched Games 3 & 4 of the Rays/Red Sox series from the beach lounge in the resort with a couple from Lowell MA. Obviously that didn't turn out well but I got over it quick. Finally on Wednesday night we were going to go out for dinner but ended up just ordering room service and sitting on the beach outside the villa and I figured that was the best time to do it so I just told her I had one last birthday present for her, gave the ring and just asked. I think it really surprised her. But she said yes right away.

One thing struck me on the way home. Most of you know the story but I was in a bad car accident a few years ago. It completely screwed up my life. For the most part that is history now but if it wasn't for that I'd never have met Stephanie. I don't know if I'd go so far to say that some things are "meant" to happen or that we have some kind of preordained destiny. But sometimes it's hard to dismiss that notion too.  

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

depression is not the same as being emo. Anyway Calax, you know better, don't you? At least on this forum we're not yet tired of your continued presence ;)

Completely agree. Calax is a good guy, he's just hasn't caught too many good breaks in life. He'll weather the downs and enjoy the ups just like he always has And if not we'll buy him a ticket o South Africa so he can hang out with Bruce, that guy could cheer any one up! 

that'd probably be the first time anyone outside my family bought me something bigger than a meal of two.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So I guess it's getting kind of serious between you two, huh GD?

• Like 1

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't know if I'd go so far to say that some things are "meant" to happen or that we have some kind of preordained destiny. But sometimes it's hard to dismiss that notion too.  

SOBJ81J.png

You made this happen, it's ok to take credit for the good stuff.

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

Hey Pixies, how the heck are you?. Nice to see you back around.

Thomas Sowell

Uh, hangover, what a horrible way to start a day.

:lol: QFT

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I woke up with the most awesome voice today.. Sure it may be a sign of illness, but screw that I sound awesome.

edit: and on an unrelated note I have hangovers today as well.. which is horrible, because I never get hangovers.. uggh... Now I know why people always swear never to drink again.

Fortune favors the bald.

bored, raining all day, browsing IMDB for intelligent comedies I haven't seen, and not finding any. lots of big red text comedies though, you know, the ones which make you want to tear your eyes out.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Gamed all yesterday afternoon, ate pizza, did the bedroom dance, fell asleep early, and just now, woke up early. Today, it'll be pretty much the same, only we'll eat cold pizza.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

K-k-kill... *Sniffles* meeee.... *Cough* .... *Wheeeeeeeze* ATCHOO!!!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My house flipping project as no more. When the bidding started, the price sky rocketed and I decided to pull out. Unless the winner intends on renovating it himself and live in the house, I'd say he's a madman high on top tier drugs.

I've also been so damn busy, no time to lazily hang around here and not much gaming in general. I can't wat for the end of the month. Five days off work.

The best hangover cure is some hair of the dog. Whatever you were last drinking, have a bit more. I used to start my day with an ice cold beer with some fresh lemon juice squeezed in it for hangovers. 

Thomas Sowell

Were we at the same party yesterday? :p

Had a house warming party back in Helsinki that I'd kind of been looking forward to for a while. Was totally burned out, generally no fun and decided to split it early.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thank you everyone. It was a FANTASTIC trip. Anyone who goes to Hawaii and only sees Maui or Oahu is missing out. The small islands are the best part of that state. We didn't do a lot of the touristy stuff, we just explored on our own. We went to Fern Grotto, went swimming in the waterfalls at Alakai. Steph got scuba certified and we went diving twice, she LOVED it. I hadn't been diving since I moved away from Florida. We watched Games 3 & 4 of the Rays/Red Sox series from the beach lounge in the resort with a couple from Lowell MA. Obviously that didn't turn out well but I got over it quick. Finally on Wednesday night we were going to go out for dinner but ended up just ordering room service and sitting on the beach outside the villa and I figured that was the best time to do it so I just told her I had one last birthday present for her, gave the ring and just asked. I think it really surprised her. But she said yes right away.

One thing struck me on the way home. Most of you know the story but I was in a bad car accident a few years ago. It completely screwed up my life. For the most part that is history now but if it wasn't for that I'd never have met Stephanie. I don't know if I'd go so far to say that some things are "meant" to happen or that we have some kind of preordained destiny. But sometimes it's hard to dismiss that notion too.  

Sounds like a great trip.  :)

Did you dive at the back wall of Molokini Crater?