What you did today

Rosbjerg

Logged onto Obsidian Entertainment's forums for the first time in like a year or more maybe. Hey

Welcome back!

Now get out.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You think just because you're some big shot (speaking of where's hurlshot?) VIP you can boss us around? Well not anymore, there's a new sheriff in town and he's going to be the one bossing me around!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Also why the f can't you recieve messages Wals?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You think just because you're some big shot (speaking of where's hurlshot?) VIP you can boss us around? Well not anymore, there's a new sheriff in town and he's going to be the one bossing me around!

Ah boss yew because ah got the lips and the hips, baybay!

OK, that was just disturbing.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nah, I'mma like that

I miss Zor El Qod or whatever they were called. I find that I miss people's usernames more than I actually miss them. When I was 13 my usual haunt had a mild-mannered Australian called Head Cheese...

Not a whole lot of work got done today since I spent the entire day in conference calls

and my cousin robbed a bank

EDIT: Google offers refunded me for some crap I bought but never used. Nice!

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm glad you think of me when you say Big shot VIP :p

Welcome back Pixie, the forum has changed dramatically since you've been gone.  Rosjberg is the new Shryke, for starters.

My cousin got arrested for dealing last week. I think everyone has a criminal cousin.

Today I went to class, flirted with a sexy girl, and now am going to watch a movie.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Ah man, sorry to hear they got caught without spending anything on booze or women. Don't know why but I always have sympathy for classic bank robbers. (as long as they don't hurt anybody).

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

My cousin got arrested for dealing last week. I think everyone has a criminal cousin.

Today I went to class, flirted with a sexy girl, and now am going to watch a movie.

That's terrible, sorry to hear. What type of drugs was he caught dealing?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Meth or coke.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Meth or coke.

I am going to make a controversial point but one that people often debate. The way to deal with drugs is legalize everything. I have considered this and my reasons are

• No one actually stops taking drugs because it  is a criminal offense. For example when was the last time you heard someone say "I'm not taking drugs anymore because person x was arrested"
  • People will take drugs irrespective of whether its a criminal offense
  • This is the way to truly break the power of the drug cartels
  • Governments can tax the sale of drugs and ensure that at least the quality is pure
  • You can have proper rehabilitation centres and decent awareness campaigns so that people can get the help they need if they are addicts

Now before people say " how can you suggest such a thing" you need to realize that the so called "war on drugs "  was lost the moment it was started. Its a simple dynamic. Supply and demand, there will always be drugs as people want them. Just because drugs would be legal it doesn't mean people will suddenly take them at work, take them at all or all the time. Its the same as alcohol, do you drink at work?

:)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Me: Sometimes I'm so oblivious that I wouldn't even know there's an alien invasion in progress. So on that day you'd run through the front door screaming for me to pack a bag and get in the car 'now now now!' and I'll be all 'huh?'

Hubs: What makes you think I'd stop at home first? I'm gettin' the heck out of dodge!

Me: You could at least call me first.

Hubs: You probably wouldn't answer the phone.

Me: True that.

Hubs: See? You're on your own, baby.

Me: At least I'll have Mr. Black.

Mr. Black: Only if the aliens don't have better kibble.

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you can get drugs in a maximum security jail, then the war on drugs in an open society isn't going to work.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

If you can get drugs in a maximum security jail, then the war on drugs in an open society isn't going to work.

This is another good example that highlights the abject failure of the war of drugs

John Milton 

Except the war on drugs was never meant to succeed, it was meant as an easy back pocket "casus belli" on a lot of other things. The American government is not an altruistic, world peace loving organization. They do stuff in vested self interest and with (like any other powerful government btw) an almost psychotic zeal to keeping global power. Of course they try to benefit their own citizens in the progress, but often fail as big countries do.

and to stay a little on topic - I had some drinks last night with a friend who took me to this ****tail bar - I was the only dude there - and I did have a lot of fun, but I got a little intimidated unfortunately heh.

Fortune favors the bald.

So the cipher girl lost a little respect. She thought she'd given me a 'Caesar' ROTAS cipher.. tsk tsk

blowfish encryption is the best. But you need an identical codecard on either side

As for legalisation of drugs, I disagree with you bruce. For easy to produce drugs like alcohol, tobacco or weed, yes. Because these cannot be effectively banned. one of those three isn't even that harmful (the weed)

But harddrugs as they're called here, should remain banned. Coke and Meth destroys lives.

It's also been shown that a secure supply of softdrugs prevents 'gateway' behaviour to heavier drug use.

(Though it's been shown that Alcohol, not weed, does function as a gateway drug. But good luck banning something every person with yeast, sugar and water can make.)

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

blowfish encryption is the best. But you need an identical codecard on either side

As for legalisation of drugs, I disagree with you bruce. For easy to produce drugs like alcohol, tobacco or weed, yes. Because these cannot be effectively banned. one of those three isn't even that harmful (the weed)

But harddrugs as they're called here, should remain banned. Coke and Meth destroys lives.

It's also been shown that a secure supply of softdrugs prevents 'gateway' behaviour to heavier drug use.

(Though it's been shown that Alcohol, not weed, does function as a gateway drug. But good luck banning something every person with yeast, sugar and water can make.)

It's not only the problem that it's easy to produce, the problem is that noone really views alcohol as problematic since it's "always" been there and everyone uses it.

Opiates, cannabis and 'shrooms are much less used and does'nt have the cultural background, so even if some are less dangerous both in long term and short term you can easilly ban their use. There would be public uproar, murder, mayhem, jaywalking, riots and revolution if there ever was a ban on alcohol.

And weeds does actually have some effect on your lungs and throat, though comparatively mild effects and TBC can cause psychosis in some people with tendencies for mental health problems. So it's not harmless, but it is much less dangerous than normal alcohol.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Had one of those prosecutors who make up for their lack of competence with bitchiness. I think I've had enough litigation to last a lifetime.

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif