If Obsidian kickstarts a space opera RPG, would you back it?

Arcoss

Would you back it?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you back it?

• Yes
    • Maybe, I'll want some details first
    • Not sure
    • Certainly not
    • Other(comment)

I find it probably more hilarious than it should be that someone felt the need to add the PhD after the writers name on those books.

Well...he was a Ph.D...

If I would see a book written by him about chemical engineering, in which he has that PhD, I wouldn't even blink at that PhD on the cover, but on space opera? I don't see that helping his writing about blue alien lesbian sex.

One way to settle this:

Costigan moved over to Clio and slowly took off her armor. Then, after a flashing exchange of glances and a muttered word, the two officers threw off their suits simultaneously and fired at the same instant; Bradley with his Lewiston, Costigan with a heavy automatic pistol whose bullets were explosive shells of tremendous power. But the man in gray, surrounded by an impenetrable wall of force, only smiled at the fusillade, tolerantly and maddeningly. Costigan leaped fiercely, only to be hurled backward as he struck that unyielding, invisible wall. A vicious beam snapped him back into place, the weapons were snatched away, and all three captives were held to their former positions.

"I permitted that, as a demonstration of futility," the gray man said, his hard voice becoming harder, "but I will permit no more foolishness. Now I will introduce myself. I am known as Roger.

Gutenberged

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I find it probably more hilarious than it should be that someone felt the need to add the PhD after the writers name on those books.

Well...he was a Ph.D...

If I would see a book written by him about chemical engineering, in which he has that PhD, I wouldn't even blink at that PhD on the cover, but on space opera? I don't see that helping his writing about blue alien lesbian sex.

All I can say is that I did find him terribly entertaining when I was a young teen looking for a sci-fi fix. Must have re-read the series at least three times. The science is horrible, of course, but it was good fun... which is part of the appeal of space opera. There were rumors at one point of Ron Howard gaining the license for Triplanetary in order to make a film. Nothing really came of it though.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

One way to settle this:

Costigan moved over to Clio and slowly took off her armor. Then, after a flashing exchange of glances and a muttered word, the two officers threw off their suits simultaneously and fired at the same instant; Bradley with his Lewiston, Costigan with a heavy automatic pistol whose bullets were explosive shells of tremendous power. But the man in gray, surrounded by an impenetrable wall of force, only smiled at the fusillade, tolerantly and maddeningly. Costigan leaped fiercely, only to be hurled backward as he struck that unyielding, invisible wall. A vicious beam snapped him back into place, the weapons were snatched away, and all three captives were held to their former positions.

"I permitted that, as a demonstration of futility," the gray man said, his hard voice becoming harder, "but I will permit no more foolishness. Now I will introduce myself. I am known as Roger.

Gutenberged

To be fair, you know his name is Roger from the chapter title.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 1 month later...

Seeing as how anything made by Obsidian independently would be better than anything made by others today... do you even need to ask?

On the object is an image of an earth pony in tainted pony bone. On the object is an image of a pegasus in tainted pony bone. The earth pony is performing horrific acts on the pegasus. The pegasus is screaming. The earth pony is laughing. The artwork is related to the murder of the Ranger Rainbow Dash by the Cook Pinkamena Diane Pie on 13th Granite, 142.

Would you like to know more? !!=My Little Fortress - Friendship is Magma=!!

Were it based, even remotely, on a game like Traveller then probably.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveller_%28role-playing_game%29

Character generation mini-game madness FTW.

wow, that sounds interesting, thanks for the linky

Illogical or not, it is one of the best film trilogies ever.  No arguments from you, butthead!

uhm, does that make you Beavis?  :cat:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

• 1 month later...

If they'll somehow manage to convince Eric Brosius to do his dark magic for such project - I'm in.

To hell with that - for Eric I would throw my money even if it would turn out to be an FPS.

...I miss him, and it's even harder to cope with, since InXile messed my perception of reality with the second coming of Mark Morgan.

Edited by milczyciel

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.