Release date announced

Surprised C2B hasn't posted it yet, but the game's release date has been announced: December 10 for the US and December 13 for Europe. The game is also getting a "Grand Wizard Edition" with some in-game bonuses, a map, and a Cartman statuette.

There's also a new trailer available.

EDIT: Before I forget, the release date is only for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. No release date announced for PC yet.

EDIT 2: In the UK at least, the NA PR doesn't mention that. For comparison, UK PR.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The game was delayed for over a year and is now finally being released...

Was it really that bad?

Pillars of Eternity Josh Sawyer's Quest: The Quest for Quests - an isometric fantasy stealth RPG with optional combat and no pesky XP rewards for combat, skill usage or exploration.

PoE is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's GateJosh Sawyer doesn't like the Baldur's Gate series (more) - PoE is supposed to reward us for our achievements

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Josh Sawyer created an RPG where always avoiding combat and never picking locks makes you a powerful warrior and a master lockpicker." -Helm, very critcal and super awesome RPG fan

"I like XP for things other than just objectives. When there is no rewards for combat or other activities, I think it lessens the reward for being successful at them." -Feargus Urquhart, OE CEO

"Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat [...] the lack of rewards for killing creatures [in PoE] makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game)" -George Ziets, Game Dev.

The game was delayed for over a year and is now finally being released...

Was it really that bad?

It was never delayed for over a year.

Originally it got a placeholder for 31.December.2012. It's first actual date was March 2013. That delay isn't exactly uncommon. Not to mention it got the first date under a struggeling publisher. When Ubisoft bought it they probably had no problem investing a bit more money considering it was already cheap for them.

Why hasn't Ubisoft released any sort of gameplay video from this game to the public?

There has been gameplay in the trailers. Do you mean some sort of walkthrough?

If so I think we might get that somewhere in the final marketing push.

• 2 weeks later...