The name has been chosen!

'Eternity: Broken Soul(s)' sounds quite nice

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Personally, I think the Herp: Derp, Herp: Derp of Herp, and just plain Herp of Derp name structures have been overused. It'd be cool if they came up with something more creative. 

Thinking of good games with good names from days gone by... Fallout, Half-Life, Quake, Civilization, Icewind Dale, and of course Barkley, Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden. So something along those lines.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

What about an illustration of some ancient scholar, perhaps from Engwithan legend, experimenting on corpses and first finding the existence of the soul. The games title could be taken from his initial exclamation: Ahhhh Souls.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I just hope it doesn't wind up being called Legend(s) of <something>.  That naming scheme for fantasy games is so ridiculously played out.  Someone needs to make a game called Legend of Legend as a joke.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Grand Theft Eternity V

Wasn't that a working title for God of War?

Slam Dunk! A Feargus Urquhart Joint.

Urquhart, Shut Up and Jam: If You Can't Game Like the Best, Lame Like the Rest.

shadows, darkness etc are overused in fantasy games 

considering the only thing we know about the plot, that the main character has his soul broken in some way (and he probably wasn't the only one with the problem), The Cronicles of Eternity: Shatered Souls would sound nice 

The whole concept of light and dark is overused. Music is close. We need different senses.

What about "Eternity Chronicles: A Pungence in Dyrwood"? Or, "A Taste of Eternity".

Much to do about Dyrwood

How about a Smash Mouth reference? Dyrwood All Star: So Much To Do, So Much To See.

They should name it ∞. And then never speak the name, but make a ∞ symbol instead.

I was about to suggest they just put a symbol on the cover and everyone would have to refer to it as "The Game Formerly Known as Project Eternity".

• Like 1

The symbol could be some kind of paradoxical hourglass, in which "sand" (probably representative of the soulstream or something) is flowing in both directions at all times.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Pools of Eternity

Drywoodloft Eternal prophet

Eye of eternity

Realms of Eternity: Shadow over Drywood

Eternity gates

Eternalwinter nights

Eternalwind Dale

Curse of Eternal Bonds

Drywood: Eternal Gate

Vicitim of unusual circumstances : countdown to eternity

Champions of Drywood

Eternity: of Blunderbuss and magic