What are you playing now?

Gorth

You want people to buy a game based on the amount of money the developer used to make it?  Sorry, I buy games based on how much they appeal to me, I don't care how much they cost to make.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Was backing up my savegames for Van Helsing and accidentally deleted my stash... And of course no cloud backup as I had turned off cloud sync for some achievements that require you to not click on specific objects, which with wonky targeting could happen by accident really easily.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

^ Running over tramps and prostitutes is taking gaming to new heights?

pfffffft.

People claim SR's supposed zany-ness does, so who knows what people are measuring this stuff by :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

NWOnline: Stayed up all night (starting from midnight) trying to cram in a few more petal-bought items and as many crafted foods as I could before the Festival period ended at 7am or 10am or whatever. Wanted to use up all the materials I'd already gathered, mostly, and you can never have enough Squash Soup!** - only to discover that the little patch-update they're doing this morning will include ... an extra day of Festival. So I could have been in less of a hurry. :disguise:

**the soup gives you critical hit bonuses that can stack with potion bonuses etc. I must have 800+ of them by now....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Playing some Card Hunter on break at work.  Pretty sweet that I can even play this from the ancient computer I use at work.  I can now take my intrepid heroes Sven Bjortorg, Anvilor von Hammerstein, and Grizzelda Lil'Rock adventuring while I munch on a sammich at lunch or twiddle my thumbs on break.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

pfffffft.

People claim SR's supposed zany-ness does, so who knows what people are measuring this stuff by :p

SR is a remarkable piece of satire.  The depth of the social commentary is very surprising for a video game.

Hm, didn't notice much of that in SR4 or SR3, might have forgotten it in the latter though. In terms of social commentary, there's a lot of satire of other games and stuff though.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You want people to buy a game based on the amount of money the developer used to make it?  Sorry, I buy games based on how much they appeal to me, I don't care how much they cost to make.

pfffffft.

Come now boys lets try to see the big picture. Rockstar has spent more money than any other company to create GTA V, but obviously its not just the money they spent that demands we purchase GTA V. Its the fact the game has received some amazing reviews and looks incredible. Everyone is saying how good the game is. So why not support there substantial financial investment in the gaming genre?

If the game is a huge success, which I am confident it will be, it means other companies will consider the same type of investment in there next game( if they can afford it). This bodes well for the future of gaming, its the big picture boys...the big picture :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Come now boys lets try to see the big picture. Rockstar has spent more money than any other company to create GTA V, but obviously its not just the money they spent that demands we purchase GTA V. Its the fact the game has received some amazing reviews and looks incredible. Everyone is saying how good the game is. So why not support there substantial financial investment in the gaming genre?

If the game is a huge success, which I am confident it will be, it means other companies will consider the same type of investment in there next game( if they can afford it). This bodes well for the future of gaming, its the big picture boys...the big picture :thumbsup:

Bioware made a substantial investment in SWTOR and we know how that worked out ;)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Bioware made a substantial investment in SWTOR and we know how that worked out ;)

Melk stop being naughty or I'll put you over my knee and give you a good spanking !!!!! 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

TOR's doing well now, I thought.

I heard that as well, I wonder if anyone can comment?

John Milton 

I continued playing The Last of Us. Right now I really just want this game to end. It is a good game and I don't regret having bought it, but I yet again start to feel how the same mechanics are being used over and over and over again. The combat is always the same, the Ellie-can't-go-into-water parts are always the same, hey! Here is a ladder again,... and so on.

Some parts of the game could have been a little bit shorter, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finally reached level 60 in Diablo III with my Demon Hunter.  I managed to find a legendary bow that's ridiculously powerful -- it was literally mowing down the toughest bosses in a couple of seconds -- that has made the fights easy, but now I'm facing a dilemma.  I'm just beginning the fourth act and I'm not sure I want to finish it.  But the completionist in me is telling me to.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I somewhat resent the thought of 'you need to buy GTA V so devs will spend more money... funky graphics'.

Isn't mass expenses and high graphic requirements what got the game industry in the mess it is now, with risk-less sequels, barely good games from AAA-devs, and we need to look to indie's for 'new'. I somewhat would support the OPPOSITE of that, less spend on graphics and fluff of AAA games.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

TOR sold extremely well at release, so it was successful in that regard.  But it bled subscribers, which meant the large team that was still in place to develop content after release had to be cut heavily.  They basically had to reorganize to deal with that, and now they seem to be running well.  They don't release numbers to see how profitable they are, but I doubt they are operating at a loss.

i am playing the waiting game.  I just dropped the hammer on a fairly pricy pc upgrade, but it won't arrive for a couple weeks

500gb SSD incoming!

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

500 GB SSD? Nice.

I desperately need an upgrade myself but my money needs to be used elsewhere at the moment. I am jealous of your purchase.

I'm not playing anything right now due to other responsibilities. Next game I play will probably be Arkham Origins in October. Looking forward to that one. 

I continued playing The Last of Us. Right now I really just want this game to end. It is a good game and I don't regret having bought it, but I yet again start to feel how the same mechanics are being used over and over and over again. The combat is always the same, the Ellie-can't-go-into-water parts are always the same, hey! Here is a ladder again,... and so on.

The same mechanics are used over and over and over again in nearly every game in existence. I think the more likely scenario is that it's a regular game and you've just burnt out on it. Take a break?

Finished up Of Orcs and Men on hard difficulty today.  I enjoyed the game despite how linear it was.  The combat system was the highlight of the game, that and the voice acting for the two protagonists, Styx in particular.  I do hope they turn this into a franchise as the 2 hero party and the combat system worked quite well and could be turned into something pretty special if expanded upon and refined.  Also, I would have appreciated more open areas so I could try to approach encounters from different angles and adapt different strategies.  There are a few slightly more open areas or with multiple paths later on in the game, but for the most part it's single corridor city.  There were a few difficulty spikes during the game where I had some real trouble getting through battles on hard difficulty.  In particular the few parts where you were reduced to playing a single character, as all my strategy and skill upgrades were all based around the two working as a team and creating openings for each other.  For the most part, though, with proper strategy the fights were manageable.  I did like how proper strategy made a massive difference, to the point where you'd get obliterated if you just rushed into a battle without proper planning and teamwork, while the same fight would be fairly easy if you used proper tactics.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The same mechanics are used over and over and over again in nearly every game in existence. I think the more likely scenario is that it's a regular game and you've just burnt out on it. Take a break?

I finished it already yesterday. And I took a break of a few months (started it on release, approx 1 week later I stopped playing until two days ago).

Sure gameplay mechanics repeat often in games, but it's the first game (at least what I remember right now), where I have to "find" so many ladders or use palettes to transport a person over water. At some point I just thought "damn, it's not even 10 meters, why they don't try to swim over, helping each other?!"

Anyway, generally the game is good. I wouldn't replay it anytime soon, though. It's way too linear for my taste.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."